Thum8er

Hi Guys

6 posts in this topic

Hi Guys

My names Thum8er and i hail from the snowy mountains of switzerland. NOT sweden for all american users ;). Jokes aside, im 27 years old and work as a electronics engineer at a major software company , im in the process of getting my Bachelor's Degree in System Engineering. Been a constant user in the "Overclock.net" forums and generally hang out in all kinds of computer forums. Thought it would be a good idea to hook up here aswell. The more the merrier. Right ?

So yes I have some knowladge of overclocking stuff XD. Im not on "Kingpins" level but hey everybody has to start somewhere.

Anyway my rig has following components: CPU:3930k 4.8ghz /1.47Vcc , GPU:Titan X stock at the moment (will be getting a second one but the online shop I ordered my card from has ran out of stock ... so now i am playing the waiting game , SSD:Samsung EVO 500Gb. RAM:16GB Corsair Dominator, PSU: Corsair 1500 Watt. The entire system is cooled by a custom waterloop. 1 x480 , 1x240 , 1x120 Rad.

Thanks for reading this post have a lovely day.

Cheers

Thum8er

Edited by Thum8er

Hi Thum8er, and welcome to VC forums.

You have a very nice rig there, TitanX, oh man... I would love to see pictures of the machine :D

Hi Skr13 thanks man, pictures will follow as soon as my second card arrives.. dont know when that will be.... and my waterloop is reinstalled, at the moment I'm working of my laptop,as my rig is out of commision as long as the second card hasent arrived.

Edited by Thum8er

Hi Skr13 thanks man, pictures will follow as soon as my second card arrives.. dont know when that will be.... and my waterloop is reinstalled, at the moment I'm working of my laptop,as my rig is out of commision as long as the second card hasent arrived.

​So, a second card, TitanX SLI, that will be amazing.

Anyway, I know what this is of waiting for main rig to be ready, I've been like this for 2 years, too much time working only with notebook ;)

Hello and welcome.

I think you are the first TITAN X owner on VC forums.

It would drive me insane knowing there's TITANX in my rig and I can't use it :)

Hi Thum8er and welcome to the forum. Is that Thum8er as in Thumper cos that's how I read it ;)

Nice rig and on my own personal enthusiast level too with custom loop and understand the pain of redoing your loop, rebuilding/changing coolant. Btw you have your 3930K at benchmark levels of insane voltage (normally tops of 1.4 is fine @ 4.6GHz which suggests you have an average chip) that will decrease the silicon lifespan unless you don't care :P

What display will your TX SLI be driving?