ZoSo

**Official Screen Shot Thread** (56K Beware)

128 posts in this topic

When you finally upgrade your GPU or monitor (ideally both to something recent), playing this good usually happens and you get more joy from casual gaming :)

Odds on Skr still running that 970 at stock clocks even though Maxwell clocks like crazy despite power limits? :P

When you finally upgrade your GPU or monitor (ideally both to something recent), playing this good usually happens and you get more joy from casual gaming :)

Odds on Skr still running that 970 at stock clocks even though Maxwell clocks like crazy despite power limits? :P

Well, games I play even with GTX 770 were capable to use the highest settings(sometimes less AA), I really don't need to OC GTX 970, it's like you have a Ferrari, you don't want to tune it, it's fast enough for the highway ;)

Besides I don't care much about 3dmark, Heaven or other synthetic benchmark programs, which is the reason for many people push their cards to the limit...

Edited by Skr13

Posting my only decent Fallout 4 screenshot in my short playthrough at level 7.

Really fun game apart from the keybinding issues I worked around, graphics aren't at all terrible for an RPG with standard 2k textures and 4k shadows (2k in some places) that I may not use mods for the current or the next playthrough :) Thanks to the ever so blurry TAA, for the first time I have no jaggies!

UxDTTFVm.jpg

Draw distance is not good, you can see those cubic houses with ease. Do you feel like playing RPG or FPS?

Only have these screenshots so far of GTA: San Andreas after a number of hours tweaking and troubleshooting. So much tweaking and being happy with it that I zipped my GTA:SA Steam folder for another install years down the line otherwise it becomes tedious repeating these steps.

To make it playable, was modded for modern systems to give mouse support, includes numerous fixes, among some other mods I tried out to bring in HD textures and better signage plus slightly improved lighting. Slapped on 4x SGSSAA and bang no more jaggies, in game MSAA doesn't work. The custom ENB mods didn't work with my version and didn't offer a substantial difference from examples I have seen.

Originally it offered near similar image quality to the PS2 version back when then San Andreas was released in 2004, but later patches reduced the quality below PS2 and lacked HD options. On my version the intersections are fixed, registration plates are unique and readable, lights work on streets as do the headlights, the halo over items such as weapons works as it should. More importantly the quality is slightly above PS2 and the custom radio station supports .wav and .flac files with a 2-pass filter. The stock mp3 radio stations sound really good with crisp and clear music that you could easy mistake for uncompressed formats.

GTA:SA was first setup to run natively at 1440p but I noticed it stretched the vertical axis making the map oval. Downgraded borked Steam version to V3 and although it manages only 1200p it retains correct aspect ratio. Have stopped trying out mods and hope to add more screenshots when time allows.

N7C1vscm.png

Gsg8WyMm.png

(below) gameplay, never done this before but managed to pick up the box with forklight like this ;)

mgCKwZpm.png

Good old times, the first screen is in the mission where CJ, Big Smoke and Sweet, gonna pick up the "gangsta" OG Loc from the prison :P

The second one I think it's the mission where Big Smoke and CJ enter the Vagos hood looking for some gang member, and ends up in baseball bat agression and foot pursuit of the other Vagos gang member.

The third one, is rather interesting, because after that mission for Rider(where they meet the "weekend soldiers") , the Grove St Families gang members get some weaponry upgrade, from just pistols to semi-autos, like Tec9, you can observe this in GS hood after complete the mission.

Yeah, mods could be interesting and tweaks can be a must now, but I loved playing back then in PS2, so many hours playing this game :D

Good times indeed Skr, first screenshot is the mission OC Loc where CJ goes with Sweet and Smoke in the car to the police station (not prison) to give him a ride home. Although Loc had a relationship in prison he couldn't live it down and enlists CJ to kill Freddy. He really does love his women, parties, and his crew although self-absorbed with his failed rapping. Note that in the Steam version vanilla I never could get the dancing buttons in time with the prompts and only when downgraded was this fixed, same for other arrow prompts. Very tedious minigame that we could all do without and favours consoles greatly, other peoples mileage may differ but not my cup of tea.

The second screenshot is driving to the location and chasing Freddy on bike (same mission but quite a lot are longer than normal). I used speedrunning tactics and waited on the top of the hill for him to come around: ie, you go through three alleyways and instead of going down the hill you go left along the road and flank him.

Third screenshot is the mission Robbing Uncle Sam with Ryder. I recall first playing this mission that I didn't really like it due to the instability of the lorry but it does self-right, oddly when you press the key for the opposite direction lol. Protecting Ryder was easy, pistol headshots is one-shot once you mastered the crazy mouse aiming as oppose to consoles that gives aim-assist. Again used a shortcut from speedrunning to get the army off our tail (tight right under the bridge) and through all the metal supports to the garage. Later goes onto the train heist, where you're gathering Uzi's(??) from anyone that drops it and quickly grab 'em before they magically disappear, you can tell I love that! Note the higher your weapon skill (increases through use) the better the available arsenal and techniques on offer. Gang wars was great for increasing income early on and also very helpful for increasing weapon skills and building up ammo. Just try not to die otherwise the hospital will confiscate them all.

XCOM 2 - the sequel to the brilliant XCOM: Enemy Within and not so great XCOM: Enemy Unknown that was released on the 5th February to critical acclaim.

To date I've put in 6 hours game time and only scratched the surface of what this game offers. This sequel fixes a lot of issues ie, the annoying global threat and replaces it with Dark Events, plus no more chasing UFOs where you had little control anyway. I'm being as vague as possible to avoid potential spoilers.

XCOM 2 is unoptimised right now and requires both patching and Game Ready drivers, with only one GPU supported you can enable SLI with these settings using Batman: Arkham Origins compatibility bits and AFR2 rendering, change GPU count depending on the GPUs installed:

vorIjuV.png

KDrUP8b.png

Wanted to show the game as I'm running it with the tweaks made above, only because of those tweaks and two 980 Ti's can I enable 2x MSAA otherwise I'd advise others to avoid any AA for now. At 2560x1440 XCOM 2 uses 2.1GB VRAM with no AA while 4x AA uses 3.5GB. RAM usage was high at 6.9GB but felt smoother than XCOM in caching assets into local memory. Keep fps above 55 and it will remain smooth throughout. I included the FPS overlay to show performance, capped to 60Hz as in this strategy title it counts for little and remains smooth apart from occasional drops. Whenever you see 30 fps that is using pre-rendered cutscenes. Future screenshots won't have the FPS overlay, don't panic :P

I do have more tips but lets move on ;) Screenshots...

click for original 1440p PNG, sizes varies from 2 to 4MB

OdASXN5m.png

AltAT8zm.png

8EcgDrhm.png

PcJ0QyXm.png

PbZgMsZm.png

technicians unlock ability to hack objects in missions...

EeHYEY9m.png

wByqeTYm.png

iVL4lugm.png

VNbZzcjm.png

9YJhZSlm.png

homage to the original XCOM....

uf1kpRNm.png

swords are a new thing and lethal, you should level up abilities...

y4aTznUm.png

WPtCeHYm.png

oRiSBZxm.png

RN5mLyOm.png

yS7L1CSm.png

thought to include this, idiot alien somehow got itself killed via flames ?! ....

c1FfjHQm.png

and this, UI says I missed when in fact I hit for 2 HP ....

xTCvuBRm.png

in 'reveal' scenes AA is bugged, we'll need AA bits for that too ...

kE7vFkYm.png

go overwatch... MISS! dammit! ...

oEFSVNUm.png

alien is a wannabe kangaroo :P also fps dipped heavily here in game ....

6BhPQb8m.png