assassino

SMAA
SweetFX....56k Warning!

216 posts in this topic

Nice quality, I like the more intense green vegetation, but so how is Sweetfx Vram usage? According to pictures the MB values are the same...

it doesn't effect that much or some time it doesn't that's the beauty of sweetfx is but there would some fps drop not much some time 5 or 8 fps.

Definitely looks better. I actually prefer more toned-down colors, but this game really needed those enhancements.

Thank you next week in my country gtx 650 ti is going to be available so i going to buy that then going to post more pics with new visuals.Stay tuned

Really good to see how much better AC3 looks with SFX. Default the game looked washed out, this buffs it up just a little bit but enough to give impressive graphics.

I didn't buy AC3 only because it's a console port and you know I'm behind in the series, I'll buy in much cheaper in a couple of years! To take one quote from dsogaming.com performance analysis: "Yes, a Q9650 is quite old. However, the fact that Ubisoft’s latest title is unable to take advantage of four cores proves that the company did not put any effort at all in optimizing this game for the PC platform. Hell, take a look at the screenshot where Desmond is facing the minivan. There is nothing that could possibly stress the CPU, yet we were only getting 27fps. In other words, this is another ‘GTA IV’ port." So it's not optimised for common multicore CPUs or SLI-CF GPUs but besides those issues which some may or may not experience. On the upside, from the screenshots on that article it looks good for a port.

Btw, type in "assassin's creed 3 performance" into Google and the post from Skr13 ranks position 4, not bad for an extended quoted link of sorts. :)

Except if you remember, GTA IV is optimized for Multiple Cores, I know this for sure because I updated from an E8500 to a Q9550 partially for GTA IV and it did make a large difference in FPS and overall smoothness (not saying it wasn't a port though) :D

Assassino I need to talk to you about SweetFX and Planetside 2 when possible. If you see me on shoot a message

I've been tweaking GTAIV for a couple days now and here is the sole teaser screenshot to date because some aspects of the sunnier days I'm not quite happy with yet - next time I'll take the HUD off. Trying to get that movie look and have quite a lot of SMAA going on, a lot as in everything dialled to the max with playable framerates of 54fps max ingame settings utilising only one GTX 680. I found HDR doesn't hinder performance and like in in GTAIV, game looks very good. Will have a play around again tomorrow and I can now see with this tweaking why it takes so much time to get 100% right in all environments for a single game.

There is much better detail if you check the 1200p images, zero jaggies bar really fine lines that SMAA can't take out and can sometimes be dealt with using FXAA, even that failed me here which is why I used x8 SGSSAA in inspector.

OFF

1200p image [1.7 MB PNG]

ON

1200p image [2.1 MB PNG]

post the settings smith want to take a look at it and yea for every environment the settings can be difficult that's why i am asking ceejay.dk the creator of sweetfx to develop a switch kind of preset to change settings for day and night just by a single key

assassino supposedly people are getting FPS boost in PS2 by using SweetFX and I am looking for a good config setup for this.

here you can see it being discussed: http://www.digitalbattlefield.net/index.php?/topic/6713-how-to-boost-fps-on-planetside-2/

I would show you the PS2 Forum thread, but you can't see it without being a member of the forums. Do you know anywhere you could get me a config preset to boost PS2 FPS, because the game is very lack luster when it comes to optimization, so any FPS boost is crucial. Or maybe you can help me figure out one?

well i am a member of PS2 but havent played the game yet dont know how it look and experience just grab some screenshot for me then i can help you

well I am trying to use SweetFX to boost the FPS, not the visuals even though that will be one of the effects of using it. Do you know anywhere you can find pre-made configs for games?

post the settings smith want to take a look at it and yea for every environment the settings can be difficult that's why i am asking ceejay.dk the creator of sweetfx to develop a switch kind of preset to change settings for day and night just by a single key

Sure, you can take a look below, remember I haven't finished tweaking with it yet and simply needs fine-tuning.

/*-----------------------------------------------------------.

/ Choose effects /

'-----------------------------------------------------------*/[/size]

[size=2]// Set to 1 for ON or 0 for OFF

#define USE_SMAA_ANTIALIASING 1 //[0 or 1] SMAA Anti-aliasing : Smoothens jagged lines.

#define USE_LUMASHARPEN 1 //[0 or 1] LumaSharpen : Also sharpens the antialiased edges which makes them less smooth - I'm working on fixing that.

#define USE_BLOOM 0 //[0 or 1] Bloom : Makes bright lights bleed their light into their surroundings (relatively high performance cost)

#define USE_HDR 1 //[0 or 1] HDR : Not actual HDR - It just tries to mimic an HDR look (relatively high performance cost)

#define USE_TECHNICOLOR 0 //[0 or 1] TECHNICOLOR : Attempts to mimic the look of an old movie using the Technicolor three-strip color process (Techicolor Process 4)

#define USE_DPX 1 //[0 or 1] Cineon DPX : Should make the image look like it's been converted to DXP Cineon - basically it's another movie-like look similar to technicolor.

#define USE_LIFTGAMMAGAIN 1 //[0 or 1] Lift Gamma Gain : Adjust brightness and color of shadows, midtones and highlights (avoids clipping)

#define USE_TONEMAP 0 //[0 or 1] Tonemap : Adjust gamma, exposure, saturation, bleach and defog. (may cause clipping)

#define USE_VIBRANCE 1 //[0 or 1] Vibrance : Intelligently saturates (or desaturates if you use negative values) the pixels depending on their original saturation.

#define USE_CURVES 1 //[0 or 1] Curves : Contrast adjustments using S-curves.

#define USE_SEPIA 0 //[0 or 1] Sepia : Sepia tones the image.

#define USE_VIGNETTE 0 //[0 or 1] Vignette : Darkens the edges of the image to make it look more like it was shot with a camera lens. May cause banding artifacts.

#define USE_DITHER 0 //[0 or 1] Dither : Applies dithering to simulate more colors than your monitor can display. This lessens banding artifacts (mostly caused by Vignette)

#define USE_SPLITSCREEN 0 //[0 or 1] Splitscreen : Enables the before-and-after splitscreen comparison mode.[/size]

[size=2]/*-----------------------------------------------------------.

/ SMAA Anti-aliasing settings /

'-----------------------------------------------------------*/[/size]

[size=2]#define SMAA_THRESHOLD 0.05 // [0.05 to 0.20] Edge detection threshold

#define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS 98 // [0 to 98] Determines the radius SMAA will search for aliased edges

#define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS_DIAG 16 // [0 to 16] Determines the radius SMAA will search for diagonal aliased edges

#define SMAA_CORNER_ROUNDING 100 // [0 to 100] Determines the percent of antialiasing to apply to corners.[/size]

[size=2]// -- Advanced SMAA settings --

#define COLOR_EDGE_DETECTION 1 // [0 or 1] 1 Enables color edge detection (slower but slightly more acurate) - 0 uses luma edge detection (faster)

#define SMAA_DIRECTX9_LINEAR_BLEND 1 // [0 or 1] Using DX9 HARDWARE? (software version doesn't matter) if so this needs to be 1 - If not, leave it at 0.[/size]

/ LumaSharpen settings /

'-----------------------------------------------------------*/

// -- Sharpening --

#define sharp_strength 1.3 // [0.10 to 3.00] Strength of the sharpening

#define sharp_clamp 0.035 // [0.000 to 1.000] Limits maximum amount of sharpening a pixel recieves - Default is 0.035[/size]

[size=2]// -- Advanced sharpening settings --

#define pattern 3 // [1|2|3|4] Choose a sample pattern. 1 = Fast, 2 = Normal, 3 = Wider, 4 = Pyramid shaped.

#define offset_bias 1.0 // [0.0 to 6.0] Offset bias adjusts the radius of the sampling pattern.

// I designed the pattern for offset_bias 1.0, but feel free to experiment.[/size]

[size=2]// -- Debug sharpening settings --

#define show_sharpen 0 // [0 or 1] Visualize the strength of the sharpen (multiplied by 4 to see it better)[/size]

/ Bloom settings /

#define BloomThreshold 25.00 //[0.00 to 50.00] Threshold for what is a bright light (that causes bloom) and what isn't.

#define BloomPower 1.446 //[0.0000 to 8.0000] Strength of the bloom

#define BloomWidth 0.0142 //[0.0000 to 1.0000] Width of the bloom[/size]

/ HDR settings /

#define HDRPower 1.10 //[0.0 to 8.0] Strangely lowering this makes the image brighter

#define radius2 0.85 //[0.0 to 8.0] Raising this seems to make the effect stronger and also brighter[/size]

/ TECHNICOLOR settings /

#define TechniAmount 0.06 //[0.0 to 1.0]

#define TechniPower 2.8 //[0.0 to 8.0]

#define redNegativeAmount 0.88 //[0.0 to 1.0]

#define greenNegativeAmount 0.88 //[0.0 to 1.0]

#define blueNegativeAmount 0.88 //[0.0 to 1.0][/size]

/ Cineon DPX settings /

#define Red 8.0 //[1.0 to 15.0]

#define Green 8.0 //[1.0 to 15.0]

#define Blue 8.0 //[1.0 to 15.0][/size]

[size=2]#define ColorGamma 1.5 //[0.1 to 2.5] Adjusts the colorfulness of the effect in a manner similar to Vibrance. 1.0 is neutral.

#define DPXSaturation 1.3 //[0.0 to 8.0] Adjust saturation of the effect. 1.0 is neutral.[/size]

[size=2]#define RedC 0.25 //[0.6 to 0.2]

#define GreenC 0.36 //[0.6 to 0.2]

#define BlueC 0.33 //[0.6 to 0.2][/size]

[size=2]#define Blend 0.2 //[0.0 to 0.1] How strong the effect should be.[/size]

/ Lift Gamma Gain settings /

#define RGB_Lift float3(0.952, 0.943, 0.917) //[0.000 to 2.000] Adjust shadows for Red, Green and Blue

#define RGB_Gamma float3(0.950, 0.915, 0.905) //[0.000 to 2.000] Adjust midtones for Red, Green and Blue

#define RGB_Gain float3(0.927, 0.920, 0.917) //[0.000 to 2.000] Adjust highlights for Red, Green and Blue[/size]

/ Tonemap settings /

#define Gamma 1.00 //[0.00 to 2.00] Adjust midtones[/size]

[size=2]#define Exposure 0.0 //[-1.00 to 1.00] Adjust exposure[/size]

[size=2]#define Saturation -1.00 //[-1.00 to 1.00] Adjust saturation[/size]

[size=2]#define Bleach 1.00 //[0.00 to 1.00] Brightens the shadows and fades the colors[/size]

[size=2]#define Defog 0.000 //[0.00 to 1.00] How much of the color tint to remove

#define FogColor float3(0.00, 0.00, 2.55) //[0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00] What color to remove - default is blue[/size]

/ Vibrance settings /

#define Vibrance 0.0 //[-1.0 to 1.0] Intelligently saturates (or desaturates if you use negative values) the pixels depending on their original saturation.[/size]

/ Curves settings /

#define Curves_contrast 0.4 //[-1.0 to 1.0] The amount of contrast you want[/size]

[size=2]// -- Advanced curve settings --

#define Curves_formula 7 //[1|2|3|4|5|6|7] The constrast s-curve you want to use.[/size]

/ Sepia settings /

#define ColorTone float3(1.40, 1.10, 0.90) //[0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00] What color to tint the image

#define GreyPower 0.11 //[0.0 to 1.0] How much desaturate the image before tinting it

#define SepiaPower 0.58 //[0.0 to 1.0] How much to tint the image[/size]

/ Vignette settings /

#define VignetteRadius 1.00 //[-1.00 to 3.00] lower values = stronger radial effect from center

#define VignetteAmount -1.00 //[-2.00 to 1.00] Strength of black. -2.00 = Max Black, 1.00 = Max White.

#define VignetteSlope 8 //[1 to 16] How far away from the center the change should start to really grow strong (odd numbers cause a larger fps drop than even numbers)

#define VignetteCenter float2(0.500, 0.500) //[0.00 to 1.00] Center of effect.[/size]

/ Dither settings /

//No settings yet, beyond switching it on or off in the top section.[/size]

[size=2]//Note that the checkerboard pattern used by Dither, makes an image harder to compress.

//This can make your screenshots and video recordings take up more space.[/size]

/ Splitscreen settings /

#define splitscreen_mode 3 //[1|2|3|4|5] 1 = Vertical 50/50 split, 2 = Vertical 25/50/25 split, 3 = Vertical 50/50 angled split, 4 = Horizontal 50/50 split, 5 = Horizontal 25/50/25 split

change smaa corner rounding to 25 from 100.

you have activate the vibrance but your not using it ?

play with hdr much as you can because its gonna help you alot try to get the perfect settings like in dark not much dark and in day not much light try to set the radius of hdr to 0.82 that's work alot for games atleast for me

try to use vignette it might give you a cinematic look when the hud is off use the black not white set vignette radius to -0.99 or -0.98 and amount -1.3 to -1.5 then tell me and post some more shots.

keep in mind I am trying to increase FPS like so many people have claimed you can with SweetFX. If you have any free time do some searching on it, I would, but you know way more about this than I do.

Is what you posted what you are running or something you found specifically for PS2?

zoso just tell me this you want sweetfx using in PS2 not for visual but to increase the fps am i correct? and if you want then its just simple download sweetfx 1.3 copy in a bin folder where exe file is of PS2 then paste go in a sweetfx settings just activate these three smaa luma sharpen and if you want vibrance these will be activate not then do it set smaa threshold value to 0.10 or 0.05 which suits you better and

75]

SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS
// [0 to 98] Determines the radius SMAA will search for aliased edges
#define
SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS_DIAG
// [0 to 16] Determines the radius SMAA will search for diagonal aliased edges
#define
SMAA_CORNER_ROUNDING
// [0 to 100] Determines the percent of antialiasing to apply to corners.
[
size
=
]
// -- Advanced SMAA settings --

after i dont know what resolution you play if you do on 1920x1080 then set luma sharpen value to 0.07

and the last one set vibrance to 0.25

well on the other side of the story PS2 banning players who are using sweetfx here check it

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/exploiting-hacking-account-termination-notification-incident-121126-002603.54179/page-4#post-681650

and to activiate the sweetfx press scroll lock in games to turn on and off

you will see some boost in PS2 if dont comment then i will have something else for you

change smaa corner rounding to 25 from 100.

you have activate the vibrance but your not using it ?

play with hdr much as you can because its gonna help you alot try to get the perfect settings like in dark not much dark and in day not much light try to set the radius of hdr to 0.82 that's work alot for games atleast for me

try to use vignette it might give you a cinematic look when the hud is off use the black not white set vignette radius to -0.99 or -0.98 and amount -1.3 to -1.5 then tell me and post some more shots.

SMAA corning rounding is already on 100 ;)

I did have vibrance on +0.5 but once I played with the other settings to begin reduce colour levels (because too much colour ruins GTAIV for me) I ended up not really using it but kept it enabled because I was still trying to get sunny days right.

Your suggestions are appreciated and will try them although I do need HUD on for GPS, I get lost in this huge game lol.

Don't worry, I will soon find the right settings. I'm going to keep tweaking throughout my gameplay because SFX makes this game so enjoyable to play once again. For example, when played this game in 2009 on my QX6700 + 5970 this is how bad the game looked vanilla [image01 - image02 ] and it's quite embarrassing even on high settings compared to my earlier SFX screen. More shots to come :)

Implemented your suggestions assassino. It looks fine with the HUD but performance with even SLI is between 25~55fps, VRAM between 800-1400MB - however it looks more realistic and to my liking with previous tweaks. Added bonus is sleek shine from the car below that the game already provides, not SFX. I need to get rid of the noisey textures on the car roof although the bonnet looks fine, generally getting rid of diagonal jaggies has been very tricky.

Here are a load of grabs for you:

OFF

1200 image [1.86 MB PNG]

ON 1 / 2 (difference to off is quite stark and the colours are almost photo-real)

1200p image [2.4 MB PNG]

ON 2 / 2 (another angle that captures that lovely bonnet shine)

1200p image [2.5 MB PNG]

OFF

1200p image [3.1 MB PNG]

ON (only negative that comes immediately to mind is in lose the ground detail but it is meant to be a sunny day)

1200p image [3.5 MB PNG]

OFF

1200p image [1.6 MB PNG]

ON

1200p image [2.2 MB PNG]

OFF

1200p image [1.7 MB PNG]

ON

1200p image [2.4 MB PNG]

Last one unless any requests come my way, this is without the HUD. Not bad at all for a port released in December 2008 and is still very enjoyable to play.

Didn't realise until I started looking but there isn't an official SweetFX graphic logo, here is my unofficial attempt..

OFF

1200p image [2.4 MB PNG]

ON

1200p image [3.1 MB PNG]

nice shots man and logo looks good but in guru3d there is a guy beta who is developing logo for sweetfx and good news well at least for me my gtx 650ti is gonna arrive next week more assassins creed 3 pics going to come up

nice shots man and logo looks good but in guru3d there is a guy beta who is developing logo for sweetfx and good news well at least for me my gtx 650ti is gonna arrive next week more assassins creed 3 pics going to come up

Thanks assassino, do you have the link to the person doing the logo so I can take a look, thanks.

Why are you getting the GTX 650ti when a HD 7850 is better for slightly more (£20) and would enable higher graphically settings? Anyway, will be good to see the new AC3 grabs.

well in my country 7850 still cost like 230$ dollars and gtx 650ti is just costing me 155$ well gtx 650ti is a great deal for me. and AC3 pics are going to come with best settings ever IMO

assassino; I was wondering if it was possible to create this movie look I was aiming for with SFX now I'm used to it?

These grabs in this album were created with Icehancer by someone else and are amazing!

http://imgur.com/a/d4Md1#0

well sorry smith these kind of effect can not be made by sweetfx alone because you need three things to make this effect look alike and they are ssao high textures,dof and then our sweetfx/FXAA injector but alone sweetfx can not do it.We have request ceejay.dk to add ssao and dof for sweetfx then you can make this effect but you still gonna need high textures which now can be found for gta iv

Here is the GTA IV SweetFX video I had been working on the past 2 days - game was started from scratch - shows the gaming-world post-effect a bit better than the grabs I had been posting and the performance impact:

View this in 1080p and FullScreen :)

Suggestions/tweaks/general improvements are welcome for any future videos like this I may do.