assassino

SMAA
SweetFX....56k Warning!

216 posts in this topic

yeah i was still tweaking the settings for not getting that too much blue i think i got it going to post some screenshots today indoors and outdoor's and about frame rate well i am using 4x anti-aliasing that's why my fps is so down at 34 but without i get 60 fps

ok i think this will suit you perfect

with on

with off

with on

with off

with on

with off

with on

with on

with off

with on

ok i think this will suit you perfect

with on

with off

It's nearly there bar the fact the sky brightness is washed out which takes away the lovely cotton wool clouds which I always look for in reallife taking photos on my DSLR. Maybe your HDR toning is too high but everything else from those grabs looks spot on to me. Could be asking too much of SweetFx because if you can't sort out the bright sky you've still done a nice job on this enhanced console port. How long does it take normally to get the sweet spot or time taken to do just one game for Sweetfx?

What would the image look like if you didn't change the brightness and contrast and simply left that to the game engine?

i want u to try these settings download the latest version 1.3 and paste this settings in sweetfx_settings.txt.and for the clouds i recommended using mods that will help you alot and use high resolution mod too then your game is gonna look awesome and plz post some screenshots

/*-----------------------------------------------------------.

/					 Choose effects						 /

'-----------------------------------------------------------*/

// Set to 1 for ON or 0 for OFF

#define USE_SMAA_ANTIALIASING 1 //[0 or 1] SMAA Anti-aliasing : Smoothens jagged lines.

#define USE_LUMASHARPEN 1 //[0 or 1] LumaSharpen : Also sharpens the antialiased edges which makes them less smooth - I'm working on fixing that.

#define USE_BLOOM		 1 //[0 or 1] Bloom : Makes bright lights bleed their light into their surroundings (relatively high performance cost)

#define USE_HDR		 0 //[0 or 1] HDR : Not actual HDR - It just tries to mimic an HDR look (relatively high performance cost)

#define USE_TECHNICOLOR 0 //[0 or 1] TECHNICOLOR : Attempts to mimic the look of an old movie using the Technicolor three-strip color process (Techicolor Process 4)

#define USE_DPX		 1 //[0 or 1] Cineon DPX : Should make the image look like it's been converted to DXP Cineon - basically it's another movie-like look similar to technicolor.

#define USE_LIFTGAMMAGAIN 1 //[0 or 1] Lift Gamma Gain : Adjust brightness and color of shadows, midtones and highlights (avoids clipping)

#define USE_TONEMAP	 1 //[0 or 1] Tonemap : Adjust gamma, exposure, saturation, bleach and defog. (may cause clipping)

#define USE_VIBRANCE	 1 //[0 or 1] Vibrance : Intelligently saturates (or desaturates if you use negative values) the pixels depending on their original saturation.

#define USE_CURVES		1 //[0 or 1] Curves : Contrast adjustments using S-curves.

#define USE_SEPIA		 0 //[0 or 1] Sepia : Sepia tones the image.

#define USE_VIGNETTE	 0 //[0 or 1] Vignette : Darkens the edges of the image to make it look more like it was shot with a camera lens. May cause banding artifacts.

#define USE_DITHER		0 //[0 or 1] Dither : Applies dithering to simulate more colors than your monitor can display. This lessens banding artifacts (mostly caused by Vignette)

#define USE_SPLITSCREEN 0 //[0 or 1] Splitscreen : Enables the before-and-after splitscreen comparison mode.

/				 SMAA Anti-aliasing settings				/

#define SMAA_THRESHOLD 0.8		 // [0.05 to 0.20] Edge detection threshold

#define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS 32	 // [0 to 98] Determines the radius SMAA will search for aliased edges

#define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS_DIAG 16 // [0 to 16] Determines the radius SMAA will search for diagonal aliased edges

#define SMAA_CORNER_ROUNDING 25		// [0 to 100] Determines the percent of antialiasing to apply to corners.

// -- Advanced SMAA settings --

#define COLOR_EDGE_DETECTION 1		// [0 or 1] 1 Enables color edge detection (slower but slightly more acurate) - 0 uses luma edge detection (faster)

#define SMAA_DIRECTX9_LINEAR_BLEND 0 // [0 or 1] Using DX9 HARDWARE? (software version doesn't matter) if so this needs to be 1 - If not, leave it at 0.

/					 LumaSharpen settings				 /

// -- Sharpening --

#define sharp_strength 0.7 // [0.10 to 3.00] Strength of the sharpening

#define sharp_clamp	0.040 // [0.000 to 1.000] Limits maximum amount of sharpening a pixel recieves - Default is 0.035

// -- Advanced sharpening settings --

#define pattern 2		// [1|2|3|4] Choose a sample pattern. 1 = Fast, 2 = Normal, 3 = Wider, 4 = Pyramid shaped.

#define offset_bias 1.0 // [0.0 to 6.0] Offset bias adjusts the radius of the sampling pattern.

// I designed the pattern for offset_bias 1.0, but feel free to experiment.

// -- Debug sharpening settings --

#define show_sharpen 0 // [0 or 1] Visualize the strength of the sharpen (multiplied by 4 to see it better)

/					 Bloom settings						/

#define BloomThreshold 20.25 //[0.00 to 50.00] Threshold for what is a bright light (that causes bloom) and what isn't.

#define BloomPower 1.446	 //[0.0000 to 8.0000] Strength of the bloom

#define BloomWidth 0.0142	//[0.0000 to 1.0000] Width of the bloom

/						HDR settings						 /

#define HDRPower 1.04 //[0.0 to 8.0] Strangely lowering this makes the image brighter

#define radius2 0.843 //[0.0 to 8.0] Raising this seems to make the effect stronger and also brighter

/					 TECHNICOLOR settings				 /

#define TechniAmount 0.11		//[0.0 to 1.0]

#define TechniPower 2.8		 //[0.0 to 8.0]

#define redNegativeAmount 0.88 //[0.0 to 1.0]

#define greenNegativeAmount 0.88 //[0.0 to 1.0]

#define blueNegativeAmount 0.88 //[0.0 to 1.0]

/					 Cineon DPX settings					/

#define Red 8.0 //[1.0 to 15.0]

#define Green 8.5 //[1.0 to 15.0]

#define Blue 8.2 //[1.0 to 15.0]

#define ColorGamma	2.5 //[0.1 to 2.5] Adjusts the colorfulness of the effect in a manner similar to Vibrance. 1.0 is neutral.

#define DPXSaturation 1.8 //[0.0 to 8.0] Adjust saturation of the effect. 1.0 is neutral.

#define RedC 0.45 //[0.6 to 0.2]

#define GreenC 0.36 //[0.6 to 0.2]

#define BlueC 0.4 //[0.6 to 0.2]

#define Blend 0.2	//[0.0 to 0.1] How strong the effect should be.

/					 Lift Gamma Gain settings			 /

#define RGB_Lift float3(1.05, 1.05, 1.05) //[0.000 to 2.000] Adjust shadows for Red, Green and Blue

#define RGB_Gamma float3(1.03, 1.02, 1.03) //[0.000 to 2.000] Adjust midtones for Red, Green and Blue

#define RGB_Gain float3(1.01, 1.01, 1.01) //[0.000 to 2.000] Adjust highlights for Red, Green and Blue

/						Tonemap settings					 /

#define Gamma 1.18		//[0.00 to 2.00] Adjust midtones

#define Exposure -0.3 //[-1.00 to 1.00] Adjust exposure

#define Saturation 0.5 //[-1.00 to 1.00] Adjust saturation

#define Bleach 0.00	 //[0.00 to 1.00] Brightens the shadows and fades the colors

#define Defog 0.000 //[0.00 to 1.00] How much of the color tint to remove

#define FogColor float3(0.00, 0.00, 2.55) //[0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00] What color to remove - default is blue

/					 Vibrance settings					 /

#define Vibrance 0.4 //[-1.0 to 1.0] Intelligently saturates (or desaturates if you use negative values) the pixels depending on their original saturation.

/						Curves settings					 /

#define Curves_contrast 0.3 //[-1.0 to 1.0] The amount of contrast you want

// -- Advanced curve settings --

#define Curves_formula 7	 //[1|2|3|4|5|6|7] The constrast s-curve you want to use.

/						 Sepia settings					 /

#define ColorTone float3(1.40, 1.10, 0.90) //[0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00] What color to tint the image

#define GreyPower 0.11					//[0.0 to 1.0] How much desaturate the image before tinting it

#define SepiaPower 0.58					//[0.0 to 1.0] How much to tint the image

/					 Vignette settings					 /

#define VignetteRadius 1.00 //[-1.00 to 3.00] lower values = stronger radial effect from center

#define VignetteAmount -1.00 //[-2.00 to 1.00] Strength of black. -2.00 = Max Black, 1.00 = Max White.

#define VignetteSlope 8	 //[1 to 16] How far away from the center the change should start to really grow strong (odd numbers cause a larger fps drop than even numbers)

#define VignetteCenter float2(0.500, 0.500) //[0.00 to 1.00] Center of effect.

/						Dither settings					 /

//No settings yet, beyond switching it on or off in the top section.

//Note that the checkerboard pattern used by Dither, makes an image harder to compress.

//This can make your screenshots and video recordings take up more space.

/					 Splitscreen settings					/

#define splitscreen_mode 3 //[1|2|3|4|5] 1 = Vertical 50/50 split, 2 = Vertical 25/50/25 split, 3 = Vertical 50/50 angled split, 4 = Horizontal 50/50 split, 5 = Horizontal 25/50/25 split

Edited by WhyCry
Wrapped into code markup

OK smithaye i have work on Skyrim alot and now i get this i hope you like it ;)

with on

with off

with on

with off

with on

with off

with on

with off

with on

with off

Thanks assassino for spending your spare time doing extensive tweaks :) Looks very nice and atmospheric, will try that later tonight or tomorrow and post some screenshots. Bear in mind I've never used SweetFX and you can be sure my opinion will be neutral.

I've recently been trying - since that post I've been playing with it on Borderlands 2 to increase performance but maintaining same IQ, added some sharpness - could play about with it on Skyrim unless you know your way about that too.

ok the settings for skyrim of the screenshots i just posted

/ Choose effects /

// Set to 1 for ON or 0 for OFF

#define USE_SMAA_ANTIALIASING 1 //[0 or 1] SMAA Anti-aliasing : Smoothens jagged lines.

#define USE_LUMASHARPEN 1 //[0 or 1] LumaSharpen : Also sharpens the antialiased edges which makes them less smooth - I'm working on fixing that.

#define USE_BLOOM 1 //[0 or 1] Bloom : Makes bright lights bleed their light into their surroundings (relatively high performance cost)

#define USE_HDR 0 //[0 or 1] HDR : Not actual HDR - It just tries to mimic an HDR look (relatively high performance cost)

#define USE_TECHNICOLOR 0 //[0 or 1] TECHNICOLOR : Attempts to mimic the look of an old movie using the Technicolor three-strip color process (Techicolor Process 4)

#define USE_DPX 1 //[0 or 1] Cineon DPX : Should make the image look like it's been converted to DXP Cineon - basically it's another movie-like look similar to technicolor.

#define USE_LIFTGAMMAGAIN 1 //[0 or 1] Lift Gamma Gain : Adjust brightness and color of shadows, midtones and highlights (avoids clipping)

#define USE_TONEMAP 0 //[0 or 1] Tonemap : Adjust gamma, exposure, saturation, bleach and defog. (may cause clipping)

#define USE_VIBRANCE 1 //[0 or 1] Vibrance : Intelligently saturates (or desaturates if you use negative values) the pixels depending on their original saturation.

#define USE_CURVES 1 //[0 or 1] Curves : Contrast adjustments using S-curves.

#define USE_SEPIA 0 //[0 or 1] Sepia : Sepia tones the image.

#define USE_VIGNETTE 0 //[0 or 1] Vignette : Darkens the edges of the image to make it look more like it was shot with a camera lens. May cause banding artifacts.

#define USE_DITHER 0 //[0 or 1] Dither : Applies dithering to simulate more colors than your monitor can display. This lessens banding artifacts (mostly caused by Vignette)

#define USE_SPLITSCREEN 0 //[0 or 1] Splitscreen : Enables the before-and-after splitscreen comparison mode.

/ SMAA Anti-aliasing settings /

#define SMAA_THRESHOLD 0.8 // [0.05 to 0.20] Edge detection threshold

#define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS 32 // [0 to 98] Determines the radius SMAA will search for aliased edges

#define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS_DIAG 16 // [0 to 16] Determines the radius SMAA will search for diagonal aliased edges

#define SMAA_CORNER_ROUNDING 25 // [0 to 100] Determines the percent of antialiasing to apply to corners.

// -- Advanced SMAA settings --

#define COLOR_EDGE_DETECTION 1 // [0 or 1] 1 Enables color edge detection (slower but slightly more acurate) - 0 uses luma edge detection (faster)

#define SMAA_DIRECTX9_LINEAR_BLEND 0 // [0 or 1] Using DX9 HARDWARE? (software version doesn't matter) if so this needs to be 1 - If not, leave it at 0.

/ LumaSharpen settings /

// -- Sharpening --

#define sharp_strength 1.3 // [0.10 to 3.00] Strength of the sharpening

#define sharp_clamp 0.035 // [0.000 to 1.000] Limits maximum amount of sharpening a pixel recieves - Default is 0.035

// -- Advanced sharpening settings --

#define pattern 2 // [1|2|3|4] Choose a sample pattern. 1 = Fast, 2 = Normal, 3 = Wider, 4 = Pyramid shaped.

#define offset_bias 1.0 // [0.0 to 6.0] Offset bias adjusts the radius of the sampling pattern.

// I designed the pattern for offset_bias 1.0, but feel free to experiment.

// -- Debug sharpening settings --

#define show_sharpen 0 // [0 or 1] Visualize the strength of the sharpen (multiplied by 4 to see it better)

/ Bloom settings /

#define BloomThreshold 20.25 //[0.00 to 50.00] Threshold for what is a bright light (that causes bloom) and what isn't.

#define BloomPower 1.446 //[0.0000 to 8.0000] Strength of the bloom

#define BloomWidth 0.0142 //[0.0000 to 1.0000] Width of the bloom

/ HDR settings /

#define HDRPower 1.01 //[0.0 to 8.0] Strangely lowering this makes the image brighter

#define radius2 0.87 //[0.0 to 8.0] Raising this seems to make the effect stronger and also brighter

/ TECHNICOLOR settings /

#define TechniAmount 0.11 //[0.0 to 1.0]

#define TechniPower 2.8 //[0.0 to 8.0]

#define redNegativeAmount 0.88 //[0.0 to 1.0]

#define greenNegativeAmount 0.88 //[0.0 to 1.0]

#define blueNegativeAmount 0.88 //[0.0 to 1.0]

/ Cineon DPX settings /

#define Red 8.0 //[1.0 to 15.0]

#define Green 8.0 //[1.0 to 15.0]

#define Blue 8.0 //[1.0 to 15.0]

#define ColorGamma 2.5 //[0.1 to 2.5] Adjusts the colorfulness of the effect in a manner similar to Vibrance. 1.0 is neutral.

#define DPXSaturation 1.3 //[0.0 to 8.0] Adjust saturation of the effect. 1.0 is neutral.

#define RedC 0.45 //[0.6 to 0.2]

#define GreenC 0.36 //[0.6 to 0.2]

#define BlueC 0.43 //[0.6 to 0.2]

#define Blend 0.2 //[0.0 to 0.1] How strong the effect should be.

/ Lift Gamma Gain settings /

#define RGB_Lift float3(0.952, 0.943, 0.917) //[0.000 to 2.000] Adjust shadows for Red, Green and Blue

#define RGB_Gamma float3(0.950, 0.915, 0.905) //[0.000 to 2.000] Adjust midtones for Red, Green and Blue

#define RGB_Gain float3(0.927, 0.920, 0.917) //[0.000 to 2.000] Adjust highlights for Red, Green and Blue

/ Tonemap settings /

#define Gamma 1.00 //[0.00 to 2.00] Adjust midtones

#define Exposure 0.0 //[-1.00 to 1.00] Adjust exposure

#define Saturation 0.0 //[-1.00 to 1.00] Adjust saturation

#define Bleach 0.00 //[0.00 to 1.00] Brightens the shadows and fades the colors

#define Defog 0.000 //[0.00 to 1.00] How much of the color tint to remove

#define FogColor float3(0.00, 0.00, 2.55) //[0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00] What color to remove - default is blue

/ Vibrance settings /

#define Vibrance 0.5 //[-1.0 to 1.0] Intelligently saturates (or desaturates if you use negative values) the pixels depending on their original saturation.

/ Curves settings /

#define Curves_contrast 0.3 //[-1.0 to 1.0] The amount of contrast you want

// -- Advanced curve settings --

#define Curves_formula 7 //[1|2|3|4|5|6|7] The constrast s-curve you want to use.

/ Sepia settings /

#define ColorTone float3(1.40, 1.10, 0.90) //[0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00, 0.00 to 1.00] What color to tint the image

#define GreyPower 0.11 //[0.0 to 1.0] How much desaturate the image before tinting it

#define SepiaPower 0.58 //[0.0 to 1.0] How much to tint the image

/ Vignette settings /

#define VignetteRadius 1.00 //[-1.00 to 3.00] lower values = stronger radial effect from center

#define VignetteAmount -1.00 //[-2.00 to 1.00] Strength of black. -2.00 = Max Black, 1.00 = Max White.

#define VignetteSlope 8 //[1 to 16] How far away from the center the change should start to really grow strong (odd numbers cause a larger fps drop than even numbers)

#define VignetteCenter float2(0.500, 0.500) //[0.00 to 1.00] Center of effect.

/ Dither settings /

//No settings yet, beyond switching it on or off in the top section.

//Note that the checkerboard pattern used by Dither, makes an image harder to compress.

//This can make your screenshots and video recordings take up more space.

/ Splitscreen settings /

#define splitscreen_mode 3 //[1|2|3|4|5] 1 = Vertical 50/50 split, 2 = Vertical 25/50/25 split, 3 = Vertical 50/50 angled split, 4 = Horizontal 50/50 split, 5 = Horizontal 25/50/25 split

If your playing skyrim with sgssaa.What fps your getting and if your getting 30 to 60 you can use sweetfx and what do you mean by

maintaining same IQ, added some sharpness - could play about with it on Skyrim unless you know your way about that too.

I ran Sweetfx with game FXAA off and AA but had obvious jaggies which I thought Sweetfx would have eliminated. I had to turn game FXAA back on and this is a grab with your latest settings Assassino.

OFF original PNG | ON original PNG

Another grab but this time experimenting with Nvidia Inspector sgssaa too. No ingame FXAA but inspector settings sharpens the image quite a bit and would need to up the sampling from x4 to x8 next time as jaggies are quite visible. I get a constant 60fps which gives ample room to play with. The ingame gamma is set to around 1/2, before it was around 3/4.

OFF original PNG | ON original PNG

ok if the sharping is too high for you.you might want to reduce the value of define sharp_strength to 0.8 or 0.6 that's gonna work for u

The visible jaggies could be do with you choosing "#define SMAA_THRESHOLD 0.8" as when i changed it to "#define SMAA_THRESHOLD 0.05" it took out most jaggies and increased memory for the first time above 1GB, I should also note that I had ingame AA set to x8 too without issues. I had to force Vsync off in Inspector to show the true framerate below.

Here are some more, check the PNGs as GIF isn't the best due to the 256-colour limit. A Nvidia tweak slide comparison would be nice ;)

Off original PNG | On original PNG

off original PNG | on original PNG

wow your screenshots looking good the tool come handy now :) plz post some more screenshots i really like your screenshots and yeah threshold 0.05 but i didn't set too low because 0.8 is high/ultra setting of smaa and i didn't know what kind of performance you were getting so i set at 0.08 is best for performance and for quality

Will have to play around with SMAA, can really push IQ without impacting perf but I have to watch VRAM because I only have 2GB and I'm hitting 1500MB quite easily with additional AA slapped all over.

I think your 0.8 didn't work because the limit is 0.20 from what I gather, I'll up it from my existing 0.05 to 0.20 later.

Same settings as before...

yeah play with smaa a little bit here's a guide for u

/**

* SMAA_THRESHOLD specifies the threshold or sensitivity to edges.

* Lowering this value you will be able to detect more edges at the expense of

* performance.

* Range: [0, 0.5]

* 0.1 is a reasonable value, and allows to catch most visible edges.

* 0.05 is a rather overkill value, that allows to catch 'em all.

* If temporal supersampling is used, 0.2 could be a reasonable value, as low

* contrast edges are properly filtered by just 2x.

*/

#ifndef SMAA_THRESHOLD

#define SMAA_THRESHOLD 0.1

#endif

/**

* SMAA_DEPTH_THRESHOLD specifies the threshold for depth edge detection.

* Range: depends on the depth range of the scene.

*/

#ifndef SMAA_DEPTH_THRESHOLD

#define SMAA_DEPTH_THRESHOLD (0.1 * SMAA_THRESHOLD)

#endif

/**

* SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS specifies the maximum steps performed in the

* horizontal/vertical pattern searches, at each side of the pixel.

* In number of pixels, it's actually the double. So the maximum line length

* perfectly handled by, for example 16, is 64 (by perfectly, we meant that

* longer lines won't look as good, but still antialiased).

* Range: [0, 98]

*/

#ifndef SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS

#define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS 16

#endif

/**

* SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS_DIAG specifies the maximum steps performed in the

* diagonal pattern searches, at each side of the pixel. In this case we jump

* one pixel at time, instead of two.

* Range: [0, 20]; set it to 0 to disable diagonal processing.

* On high-end machines it is cheap (between a 0.8x and 0.9x slower for 16

* steps), but it can have a significant impact on older machines.

*/

#ifndef SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS_DIAG

#define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS_DIAG 8

#endif

/**

* SMAA_CORNER_ROUNDING specifies how much sharp corners will be rounded.

* Range: [0, 100]; set it to 100 to disable corner detection.

*/

#ifndef SMAA_CORNER_ROUNDING

#define SMAA_CORNER_ROUNDING 25

#endif

For SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS , and SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS_DIAG the rule is that higher numbers = higher quality, but there are diminishing returns and very high number don't make that big a difference over more reasonable numbers, but very low numbers hurt quality noticeably.

I suggest staying above 2 for both values as any lower hurts quality a lot.

As for high high you want to go, I don't know. I find it hard to spot the difference between 6 and 8 and very hard to see the difference between 8 and 16.

SMAA_CORNER_ROUNDING is a personal preference. If you like more round corners then choose a high number (max is 100) and if you like sharp corners choose a low value (minimum is 0)

This mostly affects text and other small UI details. I prefer a very low value.

SMAA_THRESHOLD is probably the most important value. Low values find more edges to smooth, but too low values may find false edges that should not be smoothed, like details in textures.

Higher values find less edges and preserve more of the original image intact and make the shader run a little faster because it has less edges to smooth, but too high values don't find aliased edges that should have been smoothed.

The best threshold will probably vary from game to game.

The information in SMAA.h is correct .. a value of 0.05 is a bit extreme and find lots of false edges that should not have been smoothed.

I think that you should probably stay between 0.08 and 0.20.

My guess is that around 0.12 to 0.15 is a good blend between smoothing enough aliased lines and maintaining fine details in the image.

COLOR_EDGE_DETECTION 0 makes the shader use Luma edge detection where it decides if a pixel is part of an edge based on the difference in luma (it's intensity/brightness) between it and the neighboring pixels.

COLOR_EDGE_DETECTION 1 instead determines the same thing but based on the difference in color values. This is slightly slower but may catch some edges that luma edge detection will not.

SMAA_DIRECTX9_LINEAR_BLEND 1 is necessary if you use DX9 hardware.

DX9

LOW:

#define SMAA_THRESHOLD 0.15

#define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS 4

#define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS_DIAG 0

#define SMAA_CORNER_ROUNDING 100

MEDIUM:

#define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS 8

#define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS_DIAG 0

#define SMAA_CORNER_ROUNDING 100

HIGH:

#define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS 16

#define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS_DIAG 8

ULTRA:

#define SMAA_THRESHOLD 0.05

#define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS 32

#define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS_DIAG 16

set the corners to 25 all the time cause you dont wanna mess with your text in games and objects

Edited by WhyCry
use the code button

XCOM ENEMY UNKNOWN

still tweaking the game

off

on

off

on

off

on

off

on

off

on

I just finished the XCOM today ;)

It's funny, because my game looks more like your with sweetfx enabled and yet I have not modified anything. I guess that's depending on your color adjustments.

would you like to take a screenshot of it i really wanna look ;)

http://forums.videocardz.com/uploads/monthly_11_2012/post-1-0-48289000-1352746891.jpghttp://forums.videocardz.com/uploads/monthly_11_2012/post-1-0-73619500-1352746896.jpghttp://forums.videocardz.com/uploads/monthly_11_2012/post-1-0-88115800-1352746899.jpg

I'm not saying it's perfectly the same, you might just see it differently on your display. I can only notice a significant difference with the street map.

dude there is a difference there i mean by alot you can see the pics unsharp textures and the color seems too be a different too.Not much darkness and whycry can you just try the settings out of sweetfx on your game and snap couple of pics.

As for the sharpness, it's a JPEG compressed at the quality of 20 after resizing the pictures from 2560 to 1280. I was talking about the colors anyway. As I said, maybe this is correlated to display and my IPS panel.

assassino, I have to give you props for the effort you have put into SweetFX and SMAA, but I still don't see the big deal. Everything that is being tweaked can be done through normal NVIDIA CP, especially with NV Inspector. I would never have guessed this thread would have this many posts. Why not post some of this in the official screen shot thread?

Zoso not everything can be done in NV CP if you don't believe try it your self and nv inspector only use for applying anti-aliasing IMO

Sweetfx has alot of effect to play with and the tool is just amazing imo and i will post some in screenshot thread.The only reason for me to post here is just i am posting comparison pics of games

As i say Assassins creed 3 pics with sweetfx on/off.There some bugs with game which are going to be fix by Ubisoft of course and they caught in pics

OFF

ON

OFF

ON

OFF

ON

OFF

ON

OFF

ON