assassino

SMAA
SweetFX....56k Warning!

216 posts in this topic

SMAA is a Subpixel Morphological Antialiasing

SMAA is a very efficient GPU-based MLAA implementation, capable of handling subpixel features seamlessly, and featuring an advanced pattern detection & handling mechanism.

NEW improved post process AA - Inject SMAA 1.1 by mrhaandi

Update notes:

*Fix: (d3d9) GTA4 AlphaTest issue
*Fix: (d3d9) GTA4 DepthStencil issue

*Add: SMAA 1x is our enhaced MLAA implementation

Install
If the game uses DirectX 9, put all files from the d3d9 directory into the directory containing the game executable.
If the game uses DirectX 10/11, put all files from the d3d10 directory into the directory containing the game executable.

Uninstall
Remove the files.

Notes
You may need to run your applications as administrator (required to write the logfile).
Do not use this tool while playing on anti cheat enabled servers (may be detected as a cheating measure)!

Do not mix d3d9 and d3d10 the files.
Install the latest DirectX runtime.
A "log.log" file is created to log behaviour/ bugs. Look inside to get additional information.
If the "log.log" file is not created then you use the wrong "*.dll" or you put it into the wrong directory.
Try to put the files into different directories before saying it doesn't work.

Keys
PAUSE : Enable/Disable SMAA
PRINT SCREEN : Screenshot

SWEETFX

SWEETFX is it's a mod built on the InjectSMAA shader injector, that allows you to apply a suite of post processing shader effects to your games.You can add SMAA anti-aliasing , sharpening and tweak the color, gamma , exposure and more.It's meant to allow you to improve the look of your games and change the look and mood of it to your liking.If you use SMAA antialiasing instead of MSAA or an even more expensive antialaliasing technique you can also make the game run faster (than with MSAA)

It works with all 32bit DirectX 9 , 10 and 11 games (and many applications).
It does NOT work with 64bit game executables - use the 32bit version of your game if it gives you a choice between 32 and 64bit.
It works with all graphics cards as long as they support at least shader model 3.
It should work on Windows 2000 and newer, both 32bit and 64bit. So far tested working on WinXp , Vista and Win7. Windows 8 is untested - please report your findings.
It may work on Linux using Wine - please report your findings.

Current version is 1.2

Fixes a rounding problem on AMD hardware with the dither shader.
Includes usermade presets - look in the SweetFX/Presets/ folder.
Updated and expanded documentation.
Minor speed improvements to most of the shaders. Hopefully it adds up.
Based on user feeedback default settings now use more conservative sharpening
Also default settings now enable conservative Vibrance settings
Slightly better default Sepia settings
Vignette now more uniformly darkens all the color channels of the screen edges
Adds the DPX shader - settings still need a lot of work though.

Current Version 1.3
Adds the Lift Gamma Gain shader which lets users adjust brightness and color of shadows,midt
ones and highlights.
Adds the Curves shader which uses S-curves to adjust the contrast of the image
Adds the Splitscreen shader which makes it easier to do comparison screenshots and
videos.
Reversed the DPX blend setting so smaller numbers now mean less effect and not more (it's more logical this way).Better default DPX settings
More conservative default Vibrance settings (down from 0.20 to 0.15)
All settings in the settings file now have ranges. (preperations for an upcomming GUI)
I personally love the new Curves shader and the Lift Gamma Gain is also a really powerful t
ool.
http://dropcanvas.com/l46x9 download here the latest version

Version 1.4

• Adds the Border shader as a workaround for the bright screenedge forcing certain AA modes can cause
  • Adds the Cartoon shader that can make the image look more cartoonish
  • Adds the Advanced CRT shader that can mimic the look of an old arcade CRT display
  • Adds the Monochrome shader that removes the colors
  • Adds the FXAA shader as an alternative to SMAA for the few people that still prefer it. (only in DX9 for now though)
  • Improved the Curves shader so it can now apply contrast to Chroma as well as Luma (as before) or both
  • Improved the performance of formula 5 in the Curves shader (the simplified Catmull-rom spline)
  • Improved the Dither shader with the option to use Random Dithering.
  • Improved the Dither shader so now uses a subpixel dithering pattern. (Both when using Random or Ordered Dithering)
  • Lowered the default SMAA threshold to 0.10 so fewer aliased lines escape processing.
  • Fixed a bug where dark areas could on occasion appear when HDR and Lumasharpen where both activated at the same time.
  • The alpha channel is now cleared before outputting the image to prevent it messing with screenshots converted to png.
  • The SweetFX settings file now include a description field to help keep of which version the settings are for.
  • Improved the Vignette shader to allow you to create oval shaped vignettes.
  • Curves_formula 2 is now the default Curves formula.
  • Includes some notes on how you can make custom shaders

You can download from here
ALLcredits goes to CEEJAY.DK
PLEASE READ-ME IN FILES FOR MORE INFORMATION
FOR more information GOTO
AND here its mine effects on game

Edited by assassino

Are these the same guys that made InjectFXAA before it was added to NV CP?

no the guy who made injectFxaa was name somedude and other shaders like sharpen tonemap and technicolor were put by other guys.but smaa use all the shaders and some new shaders now like vibrance and dither etc i would prefer smaa because it doesn't blur you know like fxaa and smaa has custom made lumasharpen which is very useful.The custom luma and new shaders were put by ceejay.dk and inject smaa was made by mrhaandi

I can't wait for the newest version of FXAA to release (not FXAA HQ), but the FXAA that only works on NV GPUs and is supposed to be even better of a IQ gain vs performance loss than the current FXAA.

its going to improve but not that much but anyway with smaa you can use anti-aliasing and sharpen and other shaders too look your game badass try it and you will know what i am talking about

Dishonored lovely game to play with creation.Love the assassinations.The pictures are with sweetfx effect and without

Borderlands 2 with sweetfx

Borderlands 2 without sweetfx

and more darksiders 2 this one with sweetfx

this one without sweetfx

and again one with sweetfx

and again one without sweetfx

Some nice grabs there, SweetFX certainly adds definition and shows how great it is playing games on the PC exactly how WE want it to look. Tempted to give it a go on Skyrim. Does Fraps show the improvements?

fraps improvements on what.....and on skyrim sweetfx look damn try and you will get what i mean

I was saying will Fraps be able to record SweetFX effects because checking out the screenshots here and here it adds nice cinematic quality for gameplay movies. Please share any good presets you have too :)

i will provide settings of each game i put screenshots if you want borderlands 2 darksiders 2 or dishonored feel free to ask

some dishonored pics with more tweak settings and with new version 1.3

What is your nominal resolution while taking those pictures?

EDIT

never mind, looks like you have 14fps...

if you really want to show that SweetFX does anything you need to show a screenshot with it on and with it off, preferably very similar screens in terms of location and angle.

Or post pictures of other peoples comparison shots, because there is no way anyone can tell a difference just by showing screens of it on only. I might consider trying it if I saw it made a large difference in comparison screens.

Here are two videos I found doing comparisons:

How does this impact the performance? Maybe it would be worth to add this feature enabled in reviews ;)

oh i use the sgssaa and sweetfx and downsampling i never use on the games thats why my fps was 15 to 23 and in upcoming i will include the comparison of sweetfx and why cry sweetfx only take your 5 or 7 fps with effects

some new pics of dishonored with on and off

with on

with off

with on

with off

with on

with off

with on

with off

Borderlands 2

with off

with on

with off

with on

with off

with on

with on

with off

with on

with off

nice job, but some of your off pictures looks extremely washed out. Why is that?

I have both games you used and I've never seen them that washed out before with such dull colors and gama over the top.

This picture for example:

That looks like nothing I've seen before in that game, the piano top especially.

because when i took those pictures i was still tweaking to get the best settings and there was a new version of sweetfx and there were new shaders so i was testing them out that's why those pics are washed out and now i have the best settings for dishonored so the game is now looking more beautiful

I dont know but the game is very odd for me to look without sweetfx the fog is just too much in the game the developers didnt put so much into the graphics but they did put in gameplay

Skyrim still tweaking its just the samples

with on

with off

with on

with off

with on

with off

with on

with off

with on

with off

with on

with off

with on

with on

with off

with on

with off

with on

with off

Nice Skyrim grabs :) In the distance there is too much blue hue which brought me to seeing the overall colour saturation may be too high unless ingame its different. Second pic up colour cyan is over-saturated too. A grab of the sewers or indoors is a good test to checking the light-balance is right. I'd certainly be happy to use that config for Skyrim if you could tone those down. For me that's a worthwhile improvement.

And could you post what the framerate was too as the images are too small to see - looked to be about 34fps - better still, increase Afterburner OSD zoom.