Ardaco

comments

12 posts in this topic

Hello guys, I like to ask if somebody can tell me how to read the comments that are on the articles, when I click on the comments link above  sends me directly to the botton of the page but no comments to read, I have the last firefox and allowing pop-ups.

I appreciate your help and thanks in advance

Are you using any plugins? Ghostery or adblock? 

Disqus comment section should load in a second or two.

You should be seeing this comment loading bubble right before it loads.

1S7Me3C.png

For Chrome I have Ghostery tracker (for Disqus and Facebook) allowed to allow it through and to work normally versus blocking it...

Although on slower connections it may mean you have to always press to reload comments. I'm not on slow connection but my iPad on Safari never loads them first time, works normally pressing reload comments and no I don't have any addons/extensions. For mobile devices it helps keep things running smoothly by regularly clean out your cache and cookies, make sure you have backups of your login info.

Thanks for your help, but I still can't see the comments, I had disable adblock and hola, and clean the cache in firefox (no mobile device and with highspeed connection) but still no bubble, must say that works with chrome without addons.

Only regrettable for to read or write a comment I must jump from firefox to chrome, for the rest a great site and keep the good work.

Greetings

I can't re-fabricate this issue, works for me on two different PCs, even with adblock enabled.

Maybe you have antivirus or firewall blocking disqus. 

Hello guys again, the problem  that I was not enable to read or write comments is solve, the problem comes from the avast browser security plugin for firefox.

Thanks again for your help, greetings and keep the good work.

Thanks for the update and good to know you fixed the issue Ardaco :)

Glad it's solved!

Avast is not a good AV IMO, I used it few years ago, but I had many problems with it, like BSODs, many false positives, etc.

At the moment I use ESET, but its not a free solution, but even MSE from Microsoft, is enough(if you take care using the web) along with Malwarebytes.

Nice to see a portuguese moderator here (seeing your flag) . I'm using Avast free version (and malwirebytes) and I can tell you that is very reasonable AV now, in spite  the block of the comments in videocardz :P .

saudações

You pay for these extra features and ability to add exceptions for sites or local directories in the firewall options or anti-virus scanning. Malwarebytes doesn't have exceptions for websites, its either on or off with your own local directories having exceptions for schedules or general protection.

FF offers very good protection but often performs slower than Chrome in my experience, additions of addons in your case for enabling Avast to work is odd when usually this is needed for compatibility or lack of understanding in working natively with browsers, ESET or MSE doesn't require addons to a particular browser. If the Avast plugin isn't updated with the module this in itself creates issues. If they care they should fix it or offer a workaround solution in their FAQs to work with the very popular Disqus, the issue as you found out wasn't FF but Avast and hear too many times about issues over the years to tell people to check the alternatives such as MSE as a starting point.

Nice to see a portuguese moderator here (seeing your flag) . I'm using Avast free version (and malwirebytes) and I can tell you that is very reasonable AV now, in spite  the block of the comments in videocardz :P .

saudações

Bem-vindo ao VideoCardz, Ardaco ;)

(Welcome to VideoCardz)

Skr, for once that is exactly how Google translates it and seems it manages random Portuguese sites I found with ease, they mastered it  :)

Now they seriously need to work on Chinese translation but not looking good cos they were kicked out :(