WOLF

G'Day Mates!

9 posts in this topic

G'Day Mates!

Since I'm a new member I just want to come in and say hello :)

My name is WOLF, a 60 year old Swedish handyman as well as former computer technician that have computer hardware technology as interests.

Looking forward to read lots of good stuff in VideoCardz and it's forum.

I don't know if Video Cards miss this news but since I'm found of ASUS Republic Of Gamers hardware I might as well share this with you in case someone have use of the news.

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG_Enthusiast_SLI_Bridge/

http://rog.asus.com/407362015/gaming-graphics-cards-2/asus-republic-of-gamers-announces-enthusiast-sli-bridge/

Don't forget to click on "Show Press Release" in the bottom of the last link since it contain vital information.

Here below is a picture of my new build computer as well as the configuration, even though I didn't go the whole way for the Intel LGA2011-3 Socket. Please forgive me for the bad quality of the picture.

Please keep in mind that I'm a 60 year old handyman with very limited hardware resources as I configure, modify and assemble everything according the computers here in my apartment with a bunch of tools and some ideas.

Well, Thats All Folk's!

Regards, WOLF.

Hi WOLF, welcome to the forums!

Nice build you got there, and very detailed config you provided to us :)

Welcome Wolf, 

Let me just start by correcting you. Our site is called VideoCardz. Unfortunately videocards domain was taken few years ago, when I had the idea to start this site.

I see you have a nice ASUS rig there. I didn't see the news about those new SLi brigdes, so thanks for pointing that out.

Just remember, it gets boring here when there are no new cards coming out.  :)

Welcome to the forum Wolf :)

Seems we share similar skills and interest. If you want to bounce new component buys around in balancing your system I can give my initial thoughts. Btw, do not update the firmware on your 850 PRO, I know Samsung pulled it, as it bricks SSDs. In any case image to a new 1TB HDD cos Samsung SSDs (eventually) die without prior warnings, sucks I know.

Build logs have their own section in the forum if you wanted to summarise your (recent?) build, mine is there too but photo is out of date after re-doing loop.

Really like your PC, quality components without comprise is great to see  B) What display are you using for the 780 Ti Plat, 1440p?

Welcome Wolf, 

Let me just start by correcting you. Our site is called VideoCardz. Unfortunately videocards domain was taken few years ago, when I had the idea to start this site.

I see you have a nice ASUS rig there. I didn't see the news about those new SLi brigdes, so thanks for pointing that out.

Just remember, it gets boring here when there are no new cards coming out.  :)

"new SLi brigdes" = new SLi bridges :P

:lol:  the irony, sorry :P

Dear Moderators & Administrator!

First of all I like to apologize for my mistake regarding the spelling your name VideoCardz wrong. Unfortunately that's one of the downside for becoming old :facepalm:

Then I'd like to thank you all for the nice welcome and the admiration of my computer and it's configuration.

SMiThaYe - Thank you very much for your admiration of my computer and its configuration. It's very nice to have something in common with others in the way of exchanging ideas and thoughts. Yes thank you, I'm fully conscious of the corrupted firmware of the Samsung 850 Pro SSD so when the time comes to install the operative system and all other software’s I will know if the SSD will work or not. I'm still waiting for my E22 Black Cable Combs as I'm about to order 19/3 from CaseKing. Regarding the ASUS ROG Enthusiast 3-Way SLI Bridge I'm waiting for it to enter the market.

Sorry SMiThaYe i forgot to answer you up on my choice of monitor. I use a Dell UltraSharp U3014 30-inch monitor at the moment, but I'm really interested in Samsung S34E790C 34-Inch Curved Screen LED-Lit Monitor but that has to wait until I been able to read some reviews about it first.

Unfortunately I never make any detailed build log as many do so nicely.

By that way, I play Battlefield Bad Company 2 as =TWP=WOLF very often so I hope to see you on the battlefield when my computer are completed mates good.gif

Take good care now and good luck with VideoCardz as I follow via RSS.

Best Regard’s, WOLF hi.gif

Will never tire of seeing a tidy PC and PSU cables nicely finishes it off :) Those combs are a must for custom cables and maybe one day I will get my PSU done when I care a bit less about warranties. Downtime has always put me off because I will have to have it sent it away, doing it myself would take even longer now ;)

Liked the Asus SLI Bridges but not bland grey, hope they offer more variety like black, green, white, gold, etc. PC community is a picky lot!

Yeah that Dell 3014 is nice for work but gaming sluggish, never played on a IPS panel that felt responsive for gaming with the lowest being 5ms G2G. So far that S34E790C is pushing it being 34" (wouldn't use any smaller panel) at 3440x1440. By the time you use 150% - 200% DPI you are back to normal resolutions and from what I heard a couple months back the colours are average using MVA but passable for gaming. 4ms seems ok but as it uses MVA(?) the actual response seems higher than the official specs. I would go for 21:9 myself too but aim for 40" when targeting that res as some titles, especially older titles, won't scale the UI for legibility and being 40" will make it easy to utilise the extra pixels without requiring a magnifying glass :P

Used to play the fun BC2 years ago with our defunct clan but tart between CSGO, BF3, BF4 (meh) when I do get time to play.

As for anyone else, you can join our official Steam group http://steamcommunity.com/groups/VideoCardz

Dear SMiThaYe.

Well, in time you might put yourself together and arrange your cables as well mate good3.gif Who knows, I might have inspired you some by me and my computer picture present. By the way, I have placed my order on the E22 Black Cable Combs so when they have arrived and I got the inspiration to finish up the computer I will post a new picture on the finished computer of mine.

Regarding my Dell 3014, yes it might have that tendency but in my age it's not something I focus on. The reason I got the Dell 3014 is that I got it in conjunction with A RMA case, and the deal I got, you never can't say NO to. You can read the review on TFT Central here ---> http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u3014.htm

Thank you for your invitation to VideoCardz Steam Community as I will connect ASAP under the name TWP-WOLF.

Now take good care of you and my best wishes to VideoCardz for future to come.

Regards, WOLF. JC_ThankYou.gif

Your very kind Wolf and welcome to the Steam group.

Sure you'll enjoy that new monitor and maybe you'll share some >screenshot here too, who doesn't like playing with new tech ;) And yes those 30" Dell's were bling back in the days before we have better alternatives that cost less than that Dell back then at £1000 to £1200 and with less issues! My Dell U2410 already had a firmware installed (from the etailer OCUK for free) fixing issues that still plague monitors afterwards with bad colour accuracy mostly, usual premium guarantee was worth it for zero dead pixels too. My only complaint is that the lag for gaming feels a lot worse than the 6ms G2G on Gamer mode and feels more like triple, though I am acute to motion blur whereas some people like yourself seem to deal with it much better. For LR/PS/Vegas though I have no complaints other than I'd like a larger screen :P

Will never tire of seeing a tidy PC and PSU cables nicely finishes it off :) Those combs are a must for custom cables and maybe one day I will get my PSU done when I care a bit less about warranties. Downtime has always put me off because I will have to have it sent it away, doing it myself would take even longer now ;)

Liked the Asus SLI Bridges but not bland grey, hope they offer more variety like black, green, white, gold, etc. PC community is a picky lot!

Yeah that Dell 3014 is nice for work but gaming sluggish, never played on a IPS panel that felt responsive for gaming with the lowest being 5ms G2G. So far that S34E790C is pushing it being 34" (wouldn't use any smaller panel) at 3440x1440. By the time you use 150% - 200% DPI you are back to normal resolutions and from what I heard a couple months back the colours are average using MVA but passable for gaming. 4ms seems ok but as it uses MVA(?) the actual response seems higher than the official specs. I would go for 21:9 myself too but aim for 40" when targeting that res as some titles, especially older titles, won't scale the UI for legibility and being 40" will make it easy to utilise the extra pixels without requiring a magnifying glass :P

Used to play the fun BC2 years ago with our defunct clan but tart between CSGO, BF3, BF4 (meh) when I do get time to play.

As for anyone else, you can join our official Steam group http://steamcommunity.com/groups/VideoCardz

Regarding the ASUS ROG Enthusiast SLI Bridges, I don't think they are as grey as shown in the pictures. The reasons for that grey tone are for sure something that comes in the way of exposed thru the light effect whether it’s by a photo or/and via an image processing software.

Take care untel get in touch later on mate yes.gif

Regards, WOLF.