SMiThaYe

GTA V
Anything GTA V - All Updates and Discussions Here

39 posts in this topic

KhBnPtq.png

GTA V is up for pre-order on Steam and specs revised from what was on the retail copy, check the cover for those details since I will highlight recent Steam specifications at the end of this nonsense :P Feel free to add your own ramblings, even if they also make little sense cos nothing matters in the GTA world  ;)

Steam: Available 24th March 2015
http://store.steampowered.com/app/271590

Min/Recommended specs have little relevance.....
Requirements are very reasonable to reach as many gamers as possible besides needing a 64-bit OS, most gamers should have at least 4GB RAM. On paper for both Min and Rec CPU Specs you'd think playable settings wouldn't tax it but from many years of playing GTA series me and several friends always recalled it using high percentage of Intel CPUs in CF/SLI. I suspect with CPU-scaling GTA V FPS will max out once it hits 4 cores. GTA has never been HTT friendly (lots of hitching or odd framecapping) and a native 4 or 6 core CPU will do nicely. Even BF4 hitches with HTT on my 4930K@4.6GHz (full specs in sig), with HTT off hitching becomes barely noticeable. HTT adds 31% more perf and with only one GPU I keep it enabled to keep average frames over 60fps maxed.

Back to GTA V.... Despite outlining my reservations about the CPU, through 2014 we played about a lot with QHD and UHD. Although GTA V will support it you better go big to support it otherwise you're looking at keeping it above 30fps before even thinking about the modding community. It has already been confirmed on

7cadbc61781c3ba7c898bf1775233ca0

>Facebook that it will receive the full iCEnhancer treatment. All of a sudden we need the next iteration of cards now for GTA V *ignores SoM/FC4/ACU/WD/TEW, etc*. In a perfect world 8GB to sweeten the deal, FC4 at 1440p can hit 5.5GB. Depending on how well they use system RAM through extended testing, hitting 5GB wouldn't surprise me. Texture swaps through new zones adding another 1GB, this quickly gets pushed into VRAM and caused some issues with GTA IV that needed launcher command line workarounds (my ENB has cfg workarounds but that's boring and needless to go into). AMD GCN 1.2 and Nvidia Maxwell 3rd gen compression reduces uncompressed assets by up to a maximum of 35% down to a theoretical 5.2GB from 8GB (for those complaining that isn't enough and wanting 12GB). Cutting awfully close to 2-year-old Titan's 6GB VRAM. This is assuming 4xMSAA at 1440p, otherwise use performance SMAA. Does not matter SMAA is AMD, quality is just as good for both camps and avoids the huge performance hits you'd get with MSAA. That's why you'll see both using SMAA in FC4. Yes we've all seen that GTA V PC graphic options but it raised too many questions to be trusted.

jTAXCF5.jpg

My issue isn't just how good it will end up looking, we've all seen the first-person grabs and UHD snipets, the biggest headache has been how poorly implemented for PC GTA series has been and how buggy it's been. Both funny and game-breaking and both are great for speed runs with the obvious one driving backwards to keep traffic clear. And how exactly does the seemingly lower than expected requirements translate to in game settings and why no hint at the setup required for the GTA newly supported UHD resolution? For requirements we have Minimum, Recommended, time we had Extreme. Usually common sense would dictate that minimum (basic entry to play the game below console quality) is for notebooks or entry level PCs, recommended (to play the game as the devs intended and slightly higher than consoles) is for 1080p with most options on medium to high depending on your GPU. Most devs since 2011/2012 just forgot the fact we have multiple GPUs and capped it to 2, before we entered 2013 and it was further reduced to a single GPU. Only through interaction with the community was mGPU support added in but not always. Sometimes the changes would break more code than was worth implementing and the additional cost to cater the 'minority' wasn't worth their time because we are a demanding bunch ;) even with support of Nvidia or AMD depending on the title in question. Need I mention the stuttery and VRAM-hog in the corner, Far Cry 4 still does not support AMD XDMA (aka CrossFire). Hope the sack of GamesWorks-encrypted-special-invite cash was worth breaking the FC3 engine, you know the slightly modified engine that worked perfectly well in CF. Yes AMD have invite into Nvidia's propitiatory GameWorks programme to make their missing mGPU profiles but its not worth the hassle (they never see the full code to make it optimal) and would only further slow them down. Each patch is playing catchup and sometimes in GameWorks titles they aren't that far behind, says a lot for AMDs efforts.

Next on the agenda for 2014/2015+ is storage requirements. The requirements are because of increase in assets thanks to removing limitations of last-gen consoles, higher polygon counts and more detailed maps, support of better AI and dense populations, more animations (enviros, characters, vehicles), certainly more through uncompressed audio (sound effects, music, dialogue), after all that of the top of my head and quickly checking filesizes through my Steam installs of GTA its very easy to see 65GB being a fair number. Maybe not fair if you are still rocking a small capacity SSD but don't complain too much, SSD prices are at 35p per GB (750GB 840EVO) and quick loading times versus slow-ass consoles.

A gripe many have with all games is pre-order offers, they aren't special when all they are is basic additional content (weapons/costumes/boring multiplayer maps). The best GTA V can offer is in-game money of $500k each for GTA V single player and GTA Online, PLUS additional $300k for GTA Online (yes pushing you towards Online) and a bonus copy of GTA: San Andreas - I must have missed the explanation in why Rockstar didn't offer GTA IV or China Town (often bundled on Steam). If you are new to GTA please search out the many GTA:SA mods. For the rest of us that grew up with GTA in 1997 or GTA: SA in 2005 and already own every title inbetween, what good is this extra copy or half the Steam friends that already have it? The other half don't want it because its not their cup of tea and I respect that. All that's left is in-game currency. To those that await unbiased reviews after a terrible 2014 for PC games,  you are rewarded with nothing other than GTA Online like everyone else. Buy this game after 1st February 2015 and your immediate disadvantage is lack of cash good luck having fun with no sports cars, weapons, clothes unless you steal/mug on top of having to level up to even unlock items. You could use glitches to get a few million, there will no doubt be exploits just like on console. Later mission rewards well but takes far too long. I just hope hacking isn't too bad, I can imagine on day one kids driving about in the Rhino tank. Kids will be their usual annoying selves and we'll be getting killed by fire hydrants...

cHbjOKJ.jpg

Addition....

Rockstar Games: "GTAV for PC pushes Los Santos and Blaine County to even greater levels of detail, running at 1080p and 60fps with up to 4K resolution and support for up to triple monitor configurations, as well as NVidia 3D Vision for up to triple monitor setups. GTAV for PC also includes the new Rockstar Editor, which gives players a full suite of editing tools to create and publish gameplay clips direct to both Social Club and YouTube. GTA Online for PC, which will support up to 30 players, will launch alongside GTAV for PC and will include GTA Online Heists. Online Heists for consoles will be launching in the coming weeks ahead of the PC launch."

iq1QjP4m.jpg

System requirements

Minimum System Requirements:

• OS: Windows Vista SP2, 7 SP1 / 8 / 8.1 (64bit versions only) (Nvidia GPU recommended if running Vista OS)
  • CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz / AMD Phenom 9850 Quadcore @ 2.5GHz
  • RAM: 4GB
  • GPU: NVIDIA 9800 GT / AMD HD 4870 (1GB VRAM) (DX 10, 10.1, 11)
  • Storage: 65 GB available space
  • Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10.0 compatible sound card with latest drivers

Recommended System Requirements:

• CPU: Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHz (4-cores) / AMD X8 FX-8350 @ 4GHz (8-cores)
  • RAM: 8GB
  • GPU: NVIDIA GTX 660 / AMD HD 7870 (2GB VRAM)
  • Storage: 65 GB available space
  • Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10.0 compatible sound card with latest drivers

Is this still in? :P Or trying to hail a taxi and accidentally stealing it? Hope this is in, erm autosaves?
e05zuxR.jpg

haha, I love the end cartoons :P

anyway I won't pre-order GTA V, in fact I never pre-order any game, even being GTA series it won't be the exception.

About specs, well, they are lower than expected, but Rockstart want's to sell the game to many many people, so optimization is the key, Recommended specs are very similar to what latest gen consoles are built of, so in theory it should perform very similar, which would be amazing IMO, 2012-2013 mid-range GPUs still kicking ass.

I laughed when idiots from Game-debate, predicted that GTA V would require only 20GB of available disk space, even so people(sites) kept posting their fake system requirements over and over the internet.

The price is reasonable and GMG pre-order for Steam (double-check this though) is £26 and there's a code for 25% off, still even if I paid Steam direct I would consider it value for money. What makes The Witcher 3 worth £60 and GTA V worth £40, answers on the back of a postcard please :P

The PS4 has a AMD HD 7850 equivalent GPU, slight jump up to a 7870 on PC whoopido. Don't confuse these false specs with an optimised engine, specs have always been well below what actually need to be. I prefer the days of pre-2008 when they boasted games needed more than it did just to be safe. Games were still buggy as ever back then, frequent crashes, incompatibility, contrived support for widescreen or FHD, kinda why I always overshot in buying the best hardware at the time. Going to have a dig at AMD, 4870's never liked Stalker series and has lots of visual bugs, artefacts and crashes, moved to Nvidia solved those issues and was a known problem at the time. If Rockstar really want me to test how well a 4870 performs I could do if my friend still has his 1GB edition, mine are only 512MB (early adopter punished ;)). I know those in CF struggled to play Borderlands 2 on medium, GTA V would only manage low at 1080p unless they expect us to game <720p.

Most openworld action titles or RPGs require 20GB+ even from last gen, massive exception is Skyrim at just 6GB from launch. A quick check of my install with all the DLCS and 100 mods to bring it up to 2014 standard is 26GB, mostly texture mods. Quick check on Steam.... Company of Heroes from 2006 9GB, Borderlands 2 11GB, Far Cry 3 15GB, Empire: Total War from 2009 15GB, H1Z1 stands at 20GB, AC: Black Flag 30GB, Total War: Shogun 2 from 2011 32GB, Shadow of Modor jumps to 40GB, another jump for the broken AC: Unity to 50GB.

One website makes it's own comparison on the console size (quote below) and it doesn't fair any better with the PS4 needing 50GB of space. Obviously consoles use dual-layer and single-layer blurays, each layer is 25GB each. Console will no doubt heavily compress content that will need to be installed and some content to remain packed on the disc.

I checked my own media and usable space is 24.2GB on a blank bluray (image 1), dual-layer shows 48.4GB usable (image 2)

RGOb3Vt.png BnhY1eo.png

"This will make GTA V the largest PS4 game so far, coming in just ahead of Wolfenstein: The New Order. Wolfenstein has a minimum save size of 48 GB. Another large PS4 game is The Last of Us Remastered, at 43.5 GB.  For a better comparison, the PS3 version of GTA V lists a minimum save size of 18 GB. The Xbox 360 version was 16 GB, so we can assume GTA V for Xbox One will be around the same size as it is on the PS4."

That site was speculating on June 2014 and should have known a lot better with recent trends (note that the game was released on console on November 2014). I did a quick check to see who reported it and just 3 weeks ago wccftech of all places got caught and said 20GB too which is well wide of the mark, not linking to a click-bait site. The rest was silly forum rumours and trashy sites fanning the flames. If people are that desperate for news and will believe the first figure that someone plucks out of the air then you have too much time on your hands and very naive. If the hundreds of well-established and quality journalism gaming sites didn't report it within a day (normally within hours), safe to say it's total rubbish.

Firstly I'm not at all bashing GTA V but massive AAA+ titles are always tightly controlled and those extra 3 months are simply to polish the code for various components and kill bugs after the years of coding and working on models - there's not a lot you can do and most of the team would have already been switched to other projects, replacements would be patched in to fill the gaps without much of a rest and would be same situation for later patches as part of the support team. Be interesting to see if NDAs are open to review as normal and not to have happen a situation where we see them only releasing review code after the official launch date, this happened with AC: Unity and Ubisoft ended up in the blackbooks of ethic reviewers. Read back at those reviews to see how cosy they were in awarding top scores before trusting them with your hard-earned cash in 2015.

Sod it, I'm going to say it... In Rockstar We Trust!

kV35X2o.jpg

Had a little moan at what I thought was the cut off for ALL pre-order offers. That 1st February was for San Andreas only as you'll see below and my response.
Image link in that comment right here for you, I grab most gaming stuff and I'm sure I captured the store page back then but I can't find it.

No-one reads those comments but had to get that off my chest :P The rest of the comments following this announcement here to continue reading.

Any news good/bad worth sharing on this game regarding the PC development let us know :)

oPx1q1um.png

Edits:
#1 Added this comment as people are getting their knickers in a twist with facts...
"Here's the facts, you got that bonus $300,000 before 1st Feb deadline too. Difference is that ordering before then only got you San Andreas - this was not made clear. Now because you are still pre-ordering but at a later time you get the same cash pre-order bonus exept the free game - the game we all have and didn't care about. I only cared about the cash and why I said I would have ordered later, even then the pre-order bonus is still rubbish. Bar that the console offered a great GTA V experience"

#2 Smartass comments (profile cropped off)...
KsvFqvY.png

y0ujfdk.png

#3 Had a look back at my emails and note the same offer for $300,000 is there after 1st February. Same paragraph where San Andreas free game is mentioned!
eW3lWEqm.png

Another
DzYKNO1m.png

I might actually try this game, but there's no way I'm preordering it. The multiplayer will be ruined by preorders, everyone will start with different size of the wallet. Also I'm confused, what is GTA Online? Is this separate game, or just special mode like BF4 Multiplayer vs Singleplayer?

Missions can gain you a lot of you cash, most spend it on cars, customising looks, etc.

Sure you can buy it later and either start out penniless or modify GTA V game code to give you that 'missing' cash with CE or mods.

GTA V is the SP portion of the game, GTA Online is a separate MP portion. Both will always be separate and is a lot of fun with friends, also includes crazy stunts courses.

10 hours ago Rockstar had changed (screenshot below) the Shetland Pony Steam codename to GTA V on Steam via Steamdb. A quick bit of reading and gossip of this goes back to June 2014 suggesting a beta build but nothing suggests this, or even a DLC. Likely going by this official response it was hinting at next gen + PC release while they were beta testing on PC. Lots of leaks have been coming since September 2014 that has been widely reported but I was busy back then. It seems console owners with special editions get to import over their DLC-type weapons that us PC gamers won't have access to unless more fluff DLC is incoming, cosmetics are rarely added to season passes but sure we could see gun packs or vehicles. I don't keep up to date with console news to know any more than what I come across and briefly researched. Point out anything interesting we should know.

pwfR96w.png

Reading back on build logs GTA V started console development on April 2009, didn't have release to PS3 until September 2013 covering a 4 year and 5 month development period for last gen consoles. Cross-platform PC (likely next gen consoles too) development started in mid 2012 and was finished by December 2014 but pushed back to polish code and implement PC exclusive features for a March 2015 release. Nobody seems to know the actual PC development dates but close to 2.5 years sounds about right. Rockstar: "we’re presently in the final stages of development on the PC version of Grand Theft Auto V and hope to have confirmed official system requirements to share soon" from an Q&A article dated 17th December 2014. They didn't release the official requirements until 13th January 2015 and in doing also announced a push back to the 10th March as I posted originally.

These development dates aren't set in stone and will be happy to correct any inaccuracies, however minor, only if you provide reliable links. If you read it in a magazine and can't link it, quote whatever you remember and I'll try find the source.

Here's some new comparison screenshots (PS3/PS4/PC) until that new release date of 14th April 2015, thanks to Chinese site GamerSky.

Looks very nice so far :) You can get a good comparison on the overall scene detail with additional assets allowed with extra storage and performance on PC. Texture quality can't be judged by these 1280×720 compressed JPEGs that were saved at 90% compression with 2x2 sub-sampling. Ideally you'd want at least 95% JPEG with zero sub-sampling, better yet PNGs. Anyway check out the screenshots...

click images for larger view

ujyScwTm.jpg

h0Q3TCfm.jpg

VJx6qkkm.jpg

0wkpHGLm.jpg

7fJ6PxCm.jpg

0WHuD5Om.jpg

1JjAV9Em.jpg

u33LBZ0m.jpg

source

GTA V 60 fps trailer, as posted by Rockstar on their website a couple days ago. Verified it is running 60fps, but on which GPUs exactly is the intriguing question ...

zkMdsGXm.png

To avoid issues with slower connections I have hosted this for you to download. First link is the basic 360/60p, second link is optimality quality 1080/60 recorded at 10.1Mbps with maximum of 14.1 but still way better than YouTube. Unlikely to see 2160/60 otherwise it'll out the same time too so I will keep a check for them out in the wild on release day.

360/60p [48MB] link

1080/60p [96MB] link

Here are 32 JPEG 100% quality grabs of the trailer ...

x8fiefYm.jpg  Gt8FB3Am.jpg  sEeOMWmm.jpg

nmRDuKWm.jpg  d7wcyL3m.jpg  Tu638Kmm.jpg

srvU4dDm.jpg  Evxy6Icm.jpg  vxrf4D9m.jpg

K849g4Zm.jpg  whAZErKm.jpg  WfRQj11m.jpg

jzN0C0Am.jpg  6vvFHOqm.jpg  3pw1U8um.jpg

more in next post

Continued, more of the screenshots

81LULemm.jpg  LtW3MDNm.jpg  Gws7f2Hm.jpg
lXe7uWTm.jpg  qtQlOWhm.jpg  l5K9KGBm.jpg
g80LhVmm.jpg  J3rABVrm.jpg

End of screenshots, sorry limits here prevent me from posting them neatly together and img tags produces another code error that shouldn't occur as it counts them all.

I watched the 60 fps trailer, and I'm getting more excited about GTA V, since it's almost here(if R* keeps the rls date).
Can't wait for performance reviews, to check VRAM usage, CPU clocks/cores dependency, even the optimization factor if it will benefit from AMD vs NV based GPUs.

Super smooth 60fps is the minimum, nothing new for the PC all these years until the consoles made it one.

What worries me besides the delays, the patch for consoles that borked damage and effects. Pushing back the release date to avoid bugs and do a proper port is fine, but don't do a Watch Dogs and make false promises or artificially enhance the consoles performance due to external pressure. Played every GTA title many times, I know fine well (most other gamer should) that Rockstar has made some amazing but buggy/CTD titles. GTAIV was a bit buggy and less so than GTA3/VC but damn GTAIV was that an unoptimised piece of work that brought down OTT PCs well able to play most other titles. I blame Rockstar for releasing stupidly low system requirements each time and catching people out. Try ENB today on GTAIV and even on medium options your PC will struggle to maintain a smooth framerate with the exception going to those who spend countless hours optimising their settings.

Skr, maybe wait for a new GPU until we know how well it performs out the gate. In its unpatched state for best visuals I can only see GM200/GM204 and Hawaii doing well at 1440p if VRAM is an issue again (if it pushing 3GB) to be able to use those options unless we can use commands again to remove the limits.

Preload for GTA V on PC started yesterday and you better schedule it overnight because true to their words the assets total nearly as much as they said for downloading. Initially said 65GB before they polished it (yep GTA polished lol) at 62GB. For now that is all :) 

Preload for GTA V on PC started yesterday and you better schedule it overnight because true to their words the assets total nearly as much as they said for downloading. Initially said 65GB before they polished it (yep GTA polished lol) at 62GB. For now that is all :) 

Hidden Content

​What is SCREAM?

Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K 3,5Ghz; Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 8GB; working memory: 32 GB RAM; Hard disk: 256 GB SSD.

This specification without much trouble you can play "ultra" at 1080p and it's at 60 frames per second. Another undoubted highlight of which, however, will fall to only a few, is the ability to launch the title even 4K UHD (3840x2160), but that's a powerful load for each equipment. Even on the computer on which we tested the demo, we were not able to get the maximum image quality - we had, unfortunately, compromises, because to play GTA V with all possible settings "ultra" in 4K, the need for a graphics card with at least 12 GB on-board memory. If you accidentally purchased a newly released GeForce just Titan X, you have reason to celebrate, and if not ... well ... you should 1080p full enough.
Source: http://www.gry-online.pl/S022.asp?ID=10390&STR=2

​​So, I'll be fine with a GTX 970, at 1080p, although I have a 2500K, but at 4.2GHz, which is faster than 4770K@3.5, about RAM, well, 8GB, that shouldn't be the problem...:)

Quote from PC Gamer but studios for obvious reasons try to be inclusive with older GPUs and its up to you to balance the fps/IQ.

As WhyCry already posted previously in this discussion, you are going to need a couple of 4GB GPUs for maximum settings for the typical PC resolutions of 1080 <> 1440. For 2160 or even 4320 you'll need 8GB as even the the most demanding VRAM hogging title in CoD: AW doesn't go above 7GB. Note that with Kepler Titan it doesn't go above 5.5GB because less resources are cached. With the 8GB 290X and 12GB Titan X this extra memory leviates the stuttering you'll sometimes encounter into new zones or pop in that breaks the immersion.

1080p - According to Rockstar, the recommended specifications are based on hardware that can run the game at 1080p, at 60 frames-per-second. For that, Rockstar suggest a Nvidia GTX 660 2GB or AMD HD7870 2GB.

2160p - "To run the game on a 4K display at 30fps," says Hoare, "you’ll need at minimum an AMD HD 7870 or Nvidia GTX 760 with 2GB of VRAM." As for the 4K at 60 frames-per-second, that'll require a "high-end SLI or Crossfire setup."

http://www.pcgamer.com/what-youll-need-to-run-gta-5-pc-in-4k/

Edited by SMiThaYe

​What is SCREAM?

​No idea what you quoted but no mention was made of Scream, I didn't even mention Steam.. so yeah :unsure:

​No idea what you quoted but no mention was made of Scream, I didn't even mention Steam.. so yeah :unsure:

Edited by WhyCry

:lol:  oh that, he's posting on behalf of Rockstar on Steam forums. Unsure of his exact title or role with Rockstar since he cover a lot of aspects of GTA V.

Unlocked on Steam

GTA V had finished pre-loading on Steam last week and that was a 62GB download, despite Scream saying it wouldn't be more than 59GB. Install size is 59.1GB and that is very large.

Make sure to install the latest driver for GTA V for the best performance and visuals on offer for your GPU/s. Note that this is a Nvidia GameWorks title giving Nvidia more time to offer better performance early on and I hope AMD users get a great experience too. Nvidia GTA V ready 350.12 WHQL drivers are here on the forum. AMD 15.4 Beta drivers for multiple titles including GTA V is here too on the forum.

At 12:14 it unlocked, fully decrypted and took 6 minutes to finish unpacking at an average speed of 148MB/s, final minute of game install from swapping about game data reached a peak of 190MB/s - this was all done on a 1TB 840 EVO with Rapid on. Below is a snapshot.

When it's done you'll finally get a popup saying the game is ready.

Steam Achievements

For the UK anyway, it looks like the images for the individual achievements aren't up/ready. Here are the list of all 60 achievements on offer for those interested and yes I typed this:

• Solid Gold, Baby!
    - Earn 70 Gold Medals on Missions and Strangers and Freaks
    - 0 / 70

• Career Criminal
    - Attain 100% Game Completion
    - 0 / 100

• San Andreas Sightseer
    - Explore all of Los Santos and Blaine County

• All's Fare in Love and War
    - Purchase Downtown Cab Co. and complete a private fare

• TP Industries Arms Race
    - Purchase McKenzie Field Hangar and win the arms race
    - 0 / 10

• Multi-Disciplined
    - Attain a gold medal in all applicable hobbies and pastimes
    - 0 / 6

• From Beyond the Stars
    - Collect and return all spaceship parts
    - 0 / 51

• A Mystery, Solved
    - Solve the mystery of Leonora Johnson
    - 0 / 51

• Waste Management
    - Purchase the old dock and collect all nuclear waste
    - 0 / 31
    --Typed by SMiThaYe--

• Red Mist
    Complete all Rampages
    - 0 / 5

• Show Off
    Complete all Stunt Jumps
    - 0 / 50

• Kifflom!
    - You completed the Epsilon program and achieved inner peace
    - 0 / 20

• Three Man Army
    - Survive 3 minutes on at least a 3 star Wanted Level with all three characters together off mission

• Out of Your Depth
    - You're gonna need a bigger boat...

• Altruist Acolyte
    - Deliver an unsuspecting victim to the Altruist Cult

• A Lot of Cheddar
    - Spend a total of $200 million across all three characters
    - 0 / 200,000,000

• Trading Pure Alpha
    - Make a profit over your total investments in the stock market

• Pimp My Sidearm
    - Fully mod a weapon
    --Typed by SMiThaYe--

• Wanted: Alive Or Alive
    - Deliver a bail bond target alive

• Los Santos Customs
    - Fully mod a vehicle

• Close Shave
    - Complete all Under the Bridge and Knife Flight challenges
    - 0 / 65

• Off the Plane
    - GTA Online: Complete the Introduction

• Three-Bit Gangster
    - GTA Online: Reach Rank 25
    0 / 25

• Making Moves
    - GTA Online: Reach Rank 50
    - 0 / 50

• Above the Law
    - GTA Online: Reach Rank 100
    - 0 / 100

• Numero Uno
    - GTA Online: Obtain first place in all competitive game types

• The Midnight Club
    - GTA Online: Use custom vehicles to win 5 races
    - 0 / 5
    --Typed by SMiThaYe--

• Unnatural Selection
    - GTA Online: Complete all 10 waves of a Survival
    - 0 / 10

• Backseat Driver
    - GTA Online: Direct a driver to 1st place as co-driver in Rally Mode

• Run Like The Wind
    - GTA Online: Survive for a day with a Bounty on your head

• Clean Sweep
    - GTA Online: Finish a Gang Attack without dying and kill at least 10 enemies

• Decorated
    - GTA Online: Earn 30 Platinum Awards
    - 0 / 30

• Stick Up Kid
    - GTA Online: Hold up all 20 Stores
    - 0 / 20

• Enjoy Your Stay
    GTA Online: Participate in everything Los Santos has to offer

• Crew Cut
    GTA Online: Complete a Job as a member of a Crew

• Full Refund
    GTA Online: Kill the thief that mugged you
    --Typed by SMiThaYe--

• Dialling Digits
    GTA Online: Call for a Backup Helicopter for the first time

• American Dream
    GTA Online: Own an Apartment, Garage and an Insured Vehicle

• A New Perspective
    Play GTA V for 15 hours in first person mode

• Shot Caller
    - You invested your hard earned cash and set up a Heist

• Four Way
    - GTA Online: As Heist Leader set the Finale cut as 25% across all players

• Live a Little
    - GTA Online: Spend a total of $8,000,000 purchasing vehicles included as part of The Heists Update
    - 0 / 8,000,000

• Can't Touch This
    - GTA Online: Complete a Heist Finale without taking any damage

• Mastermind
    - GTA Online: Earn 25 platinum medals across Heist Setups and Finales
    - 0 / 25

• Vinewood Visionary
    Create and upload a video using the Rockstar Editor.

Got this Steam message from JacobU from Valve after playing a bit of GTA V. Btw there seems to be a problem with getting the benchmark to run through as it says I failed the mission when I'm giving no instructions!?

For the links provided in that brief message, see this slightly longer post on the Steam community page:​

Known Issue: Windows User Accounts Containing Certain Characters

We recently learned of an issue that can impact players attempting to install Grand Theft Auto V on Windows PCs. For those experiencing this issue, you have three options available to you at this time.

• First, Rockstar Games intends to have a fix for this issue soon.
  • Second, customers can try the manual work around.
  • Third, if neither of the above works for you, the pre-order refund tool will continue to be available until the official fix is released.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience.

Please see below for more information from Rockstar Games, including details on the manual workaround.

-The Steam Team
Translated Post

We have identified an issue where players with Windows usernames that include characters not found in the table at the bottom of this page will likely run into difficulties when attempting to download, install, or play GTAV. We are currently working on a fix for this issue.

If you don’t want to wait for a fix, you need to create a new Administrator User Account for your Windows system that only includes letters A to Z, a to z or numbers 0-9 from the basic roman alphabet. For a full list of supported characters, see the table at the bottom of this page. Please note that simply renaming your current User Account will not correct this issue.

To create the account, follow these instructions from Microsoft’s website:

We will update this support article with any new information as soon as we have it, including expected timing of a fix and whether you will be able to transfer progress on the newly-created Windows username over to your original Windows user account. If you would like to receive an automatic update via email when there is more information about a fix, please log into the Support Site and click Subscribe at the top of this page.

Supported Characters At Launch for Windows Usernames for GTAV PC

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Update on the issue I had with running the benchmark, it runs it then automatically puts you into the game for some crazy reason! It's as useless as the GTA IV benchmark and most others in fact. The benchmarks shows a ton of loading screens and between 80 - 180fps when the real figure is 45-50 in game.

Look in your folder (example for Windows 8.1):  \Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA V\Benchmarks

A few other things I found as usual when digging around...

This is also where you can dump your music files: \Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA V\User Music

If you are upgrading your PC in future and don't trust Steam, backup your profile located here (ZIP it anyway) with your control inputs: Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA V\Profiles

If your game ever crashes (and it did once so far but hours of gaming continued when I exited AfterBurner OSD) check the launcher.txt log file in \Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA V

This is also the same location where you will find your in game graphic options in the file settings.xml. XML is editable but make a backup, the game does a very good job giving you nearly all the options you'd want and offers a safe mode start if GTA V ever fails to run correctly. Certainly don't enable options here if you are already running close to VRAM limits or GPU is barely running smoothly. If it doesn't run smoothly at all try turning off SSAO and any AA options other than FXAA (this includes Reflection MSAA and normal MSAA), lock your FPS down to what your average is to keep it smoother, and avoid using a large FOV (Field of View). Obvious tip for Nvidia GPUs is to use PCSS for soft shadows, this is exclusive to Nvidia.

A final tip is to run GeForce Experience again, the profile as of this morning has been updated again with slightly less aggressive settings on Optimal. It gives you better quality visuals by turning off all normal AA bar FXAA due to lack of VRAM. Those with 4GB+ VRAM will see nearly all options enabled and with SLI/XDMA on the latest GPUs will be able to max out all options.

A couple of updates...

This option is possible with AMDs latest 15.4 beta GTA V ready driver while NVIDIA has NVIDIA PCSS in the latest 350.12 WHQL drivers.

AMD is proud to welcome Grand Theft Auto V from Rockstar Games as the newest addition to the Gaming Evolved family. We’ve been working closely with our friends in Toronto, Canada and Leeds in the UK, and as part of that collaboration the game features AMD’s Contact Hardening Shadows (CHS). This technique dynamically hardens or softens a shadow’s edges depending on the distance of the shadow from the light source and object casting that shadow. This means softer shadows that diffuse more realistically. To enable CHS in the game, simply select AMD CHS from the ’Soft Shadows’ drop down menu.

Available Command Lines for GTAV on PC

Firstly, backup your profile and existing settings.xml file as a precaution. Most options can be adjusted from within the game with a very generous amount of settings, and some of these parameters can be adjusted further as explained below.

Commandline parameters can be added to the commandline.txt file in the root of the game folder. If this file doesn't exist, you can create it by right clicking in the game install directory, select New and select Text Document. Rename this file to commandline.txt. Please see below for the various command lines that can be used:

• -UseAutoSettings
    • Use automatic generated settings
  • -benchmark
    • Starts the benchmark test from the command line
  • -benchmarkFrameTimes
    • Optionally output the individual frame times from the benchmark
  • -benchmarkIterations
    • Specifies the number of iterations to run the benchmark for
  • -benchmarkPass
    • Specifies an individual benchmark scene test should be done, and which test that should be
  • -benchmarknoaudio
    • Disable audio processing for graphics benchmark purposes
  • -disableHyperthreading
    • Don't count hyperthreaded cores as real ones to create tasks on
  • -goStraightToMP
    • Jump straight to MP while loading
  • -ignoreDifferentVideoCard
    • Don't reset settings with a new card
  • -ignoreprofile
    • Ignore the current profile settings
  • -mouseexclusive
    • Game uses mouse exclusively.
  • -noInGameDOF
    • Disable In-game DOF effects
  • -safemode
    • Start settings at minimum but don't save it
  • -shadowSoftness
    • Selects between linear, rpdb, box 4x4, soft 16
  • -uilanguage
    • Set language game uses
  • -useMinimumSettings
    • Reset settings to the minimum
  • -HDStreamingInFlight
    • Enable HD streaming while in flight
  • -SSA
    • Enable SSA
  • -SSAO
    • Set SSAO quality (0-2)
  • -anisotropicQualityLevel
    • Set anisotropic Filter Quality Level (0-16)
  • -cityDensity
    • Control city density (0.0 - 1.0)
  • -fogVolumes
    • Enable lights volumetric effects in foggy weather
  • -fxaa
    • Set FXAA quality (0-3)
  • -grassQuality
    • Set grass quality (0-5)
  • -lodScale
    • Set LOD Distance Level (0.0-1.0f)
  • -particleQuality
    • Set particle quality (0-2)
  • -particleShadows
    • Enable particle shadows
  • -pedLodBias
    • Set Pedestrians LOD Distance Bias (0.0-1.0f)
  • -postFX
    • Set postFX quality (0-3)
  • -reflectionBlur
    • Enable reflection map blur
  • -reflectionQuality
    • Set reflection quality (0-3)
  • -shaderQuality
    • Set shader quality (0-2)
  • -shadowLongShadows
    • Enable shadow rendering for dusk and dawn
  • -shadowQuality
    • Set shadow quality (0-3)
  • -tessellation
    • Set tessellation on or off (0-3)
  • -textureQuality
    • Set texture quality (0-2)
  • -txaa
    • Enable NVidia TXAA
  • -vehicleLodBias
    • Set Vehicles LOD Distance Bias (0.0-1.0f)
  • -waterQuality
    • Set water quality (0-1)
  • -keyboardLocal
    • Sets the keyboard layout to the specified region.
  • -hdr
    • Set the whole rendering pipeline to 16-bit
  • -noquattransform
    • Don't use quaternion transforms for placed entities
  • -DX10
    • Force 10.0 feature set
  • -DX10_1
    • Force 10.1 feature set
  • -DX11
    • Force 11.0 feature set
  • -GPUCount
    • Manual override GPU Count
  • -adapter
    • Use the specified screen adapter number (zero-based)
  • -borderless
    • Set main window to be borderless
  • -disallowResizeWindow
    • Do Not allow the window to be resized
  • -frameLimit
    • number of vertical synchronizations to limit game to
  • -fullscreen
    • Force fullscreen mode
  • -height
    • Set height of main render window (default is 480)
  • -multiSample
    • Number of multisamples (1, 2, 4, 8, or 16)
  • -width
    • Set width of main render window (default is 640)
  • -windowed
    • Force windowed mode
  • -StraightIntoFreemode
    • If present the game will automatically launch into the multiplayer game in freemode.

Here is the official log for this relatively small 207.5MB patch for GTA V, used to seeing more changes these day ;) Note that Steam is hopeless for not providing change logs all the time <_<

Issues with random framerate drops in the menu from the fixed 30fps isn't fixed, neither is the FPS drops in game and more apparent with either SLI/XDMA, or random crashes from both camps. As mentioned in the notes, support for iFruit for PC is being worked on and it simply needs option in app to tick platform for PC enabled for Social Club.

GTAV PC Patch 1.01 Notes

• Fixed an issue where the GTAV Launcher would use an abnormally high percentage of CPU and sometimes crash
  • Fixed an issue where frame rate would drop when left-clicking the mouse while driving
  • Added a grid to the Golf mini-game to show the topology of the green while putting
  • Fixed an issue where a character’s eyebrows or other facial features could change erroneously when transferred to PC
  • Fixed an issue where a some players were asked to transfer their GTA Online character while a transfer was already in progress
  • YouTube uploads via the Rockstar Editor will now correctly resume if Internet connection is lost during the upload and later restored
  • Fixed a rare issue where the game could crash while using the Rockstar Editor
  • Projects containing deleted clips will now load properly in the Rockstar Editor and warn the player of the missing clips
  • Fixed an issue where birds were not recorded correctly in Rockstar Editor clips
  • Corrected an issue where certain characters in Windows usernames would cause the Launcher to fail to load or other undesired game behavior. For details, see this page.
  • Fixed an issue where players with one garage would not be able to replace an existing vehicle if the garage was full and the new vehicle was purchased from an in-game website
  • Additional fixes to prepare for iFruit support
  • Crew Tire Smoke can no longer be purchased if you are not in a Crew

Thanks, didn't get the patch til late last night when I quickly booted up and it was too late to make a post ;)

This jumped out a mile and oddly, the patch version has gone from v1.01 to v335.1 ?!

Another small patch by today's standard at 177.2MB was released yesterday. At last we can all run the in game benchmark without having to complete the first mission! (I had already pointed out why this occurred and how to run it), Steam overlay moved, Steam version crashing after launch (found this to be caused by pressing keyboard or mouse buttons and it then stalling and for others without any interaction), other fixes related to characters that were transferred from console to PC, Rockstar Editor bugs/recording fixed, and the last one fixes a rare issue with lower than normal max fps. Expect regular patches as they work through the tens of thousands of submissions.

GTAV PC Patch 335.1 Notes

• Players can no longer purchase more vehicles than their properties can store.
  • Players can now launch a video card benchmark test from the main menu.
  • Fixed an issue where facial features would not save correctly when transferring a character from Xbox 360 or PS3 and changing genders while editing the character's appearance.
  • Fixed an issue where players could become stuck in the clouds when voting to quick restart the Humane Labs Heist.
  • Fixed an issue where markers in the Rockstar Editor could not be deleted with the mouse.
  • Fixed various audio recording issues with Rockstar Editor clips.
  • Fixed an issue where the Yacht would not appear in some recorded Rockstar Editor clips.
  • Fixed a rare issue where some Rockstar Editor clips could not be opened for editing.
  • Fixed an issue where the GTAV Launcher would not display the correct amount of time remaining for file downloads.
  • The Steam overlay has been moved to prevent it from covering up Launcher buttons. 
  • Fixed an issue where the game would not save your settings when restarting in some instances.
  • Fixed a rare issue where the Steam version of the game would crash right after launching.
  • Windows Media Player is no longer required to install GTAV. Instead, Windows Media Foundation will be required.
  • Fixed an issue where the game would show the pause menu without player input.
  • Fixed an issue where the max frame rate would be incorrectly low in rare cases.

RockStar Social Club Compromised, Change Your Password

Quick heads up to avoid issues later on if you account were to be hacked to change your password now - I found you can only use up to 16 characters that includes numbers and lower-case characters with upper-case characters.

As reported by many on Reddit and investigated by various sites but mainly GamersNexus, those who's accounts had been hijacked were being treat shockingly by agents on scripts disconnecting customers leaving them to dry.

According to a Rockstar statement sent to Kotaku over the weekend, Rockstar Social Club information has not been compromised.

"As confirmed yesterday, the Rockstar Games Social Club has not been compromised. However, it appears that attempts have been made to access user accounts using email and password combinations from an unaffiliated, compromised website or database elsewhere on the internet. For the accounts affected, we are in the process of reverting those accounts back to their original owners. As a reminder, it is a good policy to ensure that the Rockstar Games Social Club account username and password is not shared across multiple websites on the internet."

Sources:
http://www.reddit.com/r/gta5/comments/336781/psa_secure_your_rockstar_social_club_account_now/
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2015/04/psa-update-your-rockstar-social-club-password-to-avoid-hijacking/
http://www.gamersnexus.net/gg/1916-investigation-rockstar-games-customer-service-calls

The above post (RockStar Social Club Compromised, Change Your Password) was made in its own thread but I'll go with that since you reverted forums, better than loosing it :)

Many GTA V players have tweaked graphic options to find the best gameplay performance. This GeForce guide from Nvidia's tech marketing guy (king of tweak guides remains with Koroush Ghazi who used to do them) will be helpful to many in understanding what to play with. Here I'm thinking of those typically using Nvidia Experience or AMD users with Raptr in fine-tuning for higher quality/performance.

My own quick tips... 

• Most people say straight up to disable AA but the game image quality suffers too much. At 1440-2160 it doesn't matter and performance is a premium. Default with 2xMSAA then Nvidia users can also turn on TXAA, only option that rids diagonal jaggies as even 4xMSAA does not on its own.
  • Keep shadow quality Very High too to avoid horrible pop in.
  • Lastly leave ambient occlusion for realistic shadows on Normal, only enable High if you have SLI/CF (assuming this bug is fixed as follows): Note from the guide: "In Grand Theft Auto V though, no AO shadows are to be found because of a game application bug. Expect it to be fixed in a forthcoming update, at which time we'll re-evaluate its impact and update the guide."

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/grand-theft-auto-v-pc-graphics-and-performance-guide

Later I will add more advanced console tweaks after finding the ones I already posted earlier were a taster. For the majority of people playing GTA V there is no need to apply commands but being PC, there are always some looking to push the engine.

Yeah, I thought it was better to keep 'everything gta' in one place. Soon, we will change forum name to GTA Gaming Clan :)