Skr13

Nvidia Geforce Experience
Nvidia GeForce Experience 2.1.5.0

3 posts in this topic

geforce_experience_vsell01a_el.jpg

Nvidia GeForce Experience 2.1.5.0

Please note that if you already have GeForce Experience installed you can normally update directly via that method otherwise update manually with the direct link provided at the end of this post.

Version: 2.1.5.0

Release Date: Tue Dec 16, 2014

Operating System: Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1

Language: International

File Size: 30 MB

HSds_UCM.png

mDD0k.jpg

GeForce Experience 2.1.5 Release Highlights

• New option to join the GeForce Experience beta program
    • We'll be frequently releasing beta builds of GeForce Experience ahead of public release
    • To join the program, enable the option under Preferences –> General –> Beta
  • Bug fixes and performance improvements

More info: button93115305.png

Thanks for the quick update Skr :)

These options for beta or WHQL are slightly better and outlines the benefits to help decide whether you should update to either. Although I'd like to see percentage improvement for series of GPUs at-a-glance, including if there are SLI profiles, otherwise just go back to checking the notes ;)

Because I don't have the recent releases I'm still on 344.60 WHQL, works well for most titles I played. Are you still on older drivers Skr? Just rumour but from benchmark feedback on OCN/OCUK some are saying these recent drivers are reducing benchmark scores or game framerates, seems unlikely but get your tin hats out :P

7t0O7NDm.png

And the profile options for games at either too low (most early access or alpha/beta titles), or in this case AC: Black Flag thinks I can run it smoothly at these settings which I can't. In Nvidia Control Panel I add option to enhance SMAA (best option perf/quality) and use Enhance by using x2 AA. There's no way in hell I could run any title 4xTXAA on a single GPU, either 2x or 4x is too demanding or just outrights blurs the texures a little less than FXAA which has negligible performance hit.

As we all said here earlier on when Experience was in beta, trying your own options and experimenting is the best way to go otherwise use these options as a guideline and adjust to maintain 60fps. Start with reducing AA options (avoid TXAA, use MSAA sparingly, ideally use SMAA), then reduce Shadows (not too much they become blocky), AO (SSAO is a nice balance, HBAO+ can be very demanding and doesn't always look aesthetically pleasing, shadows look burnt in and not at all immersive), obviously knock down PhysX to medium for most titles or Low if you don't have dedicated GPU (currently the options are Low/Medium/High/Ultra - Ultra is for recent titles like BL:Pre-Sequel and nobody can run that smoothly afaik), then you start to get a playable game. I posted this as it relates to optimising the game and still Experience isn't doing its job properly, you'd adjust the optimal settings and it would knock down settings you'd adjust afterwards. Apart from getting into advance tweaking for individual titles (check the game engine as the tweak guide will be the same), the devs should do a better job making their engine scalable and Nvidia needs to restart big driver improvements to older series than focus on their top selling GPUs... GM204: GTX980/GTX970.

Yes, I'm still on 340.52 WHQL, anything after those I get stuck in 2D clock during games.