Skr13

EVGA PrecisionX
EVGA PrecisionX 15 5.0.0

15 posts in this topic

Wh4S6eS.jpg

EVGA Precision X is completely free software utility to overclocking enthusiasts, works with almost every video card(Geforce) on the market regardless of manufacturer.

This program allows you to fine tune your graphics card for the maximum performance possible.

System Requirements:

• Microsoft Windows 8.1 / 8 / 7 / Vista
  • GeForce GTX TITAN, 700, 600 series recommended

Features:

• GPU, Memory and Voltage Control
  • Power Target Control
  • Pixel Clock Overclocking – OC your refresh rate!
  • Integrated Steam Achievements (Steam Version)
  • Frame Rate Target Control
  • Custom Fan Control/Fan Curve
  • Profiling system allowing up to 10 profiles with hotkey
  • Robust monitoring including ingame OSD with 64 and 32bit support
  • In game screenshot hotkey supports BMP and JPG formats
  • Support for wireless Bluetooth overclocking via custom Android app

1g3RizV.png

AGWKt.jpg?1

Version 5.0.0 Release: 07/16/2014

Version 5.0.0 is a major software rewrite, with new features and updates.

• New GUI with improved voltage and pixel clock control
  • Support for both 64bit and 32bit OSD
  • Improved OSD compatibility
  • Built in Steam Achievements (Steam Version)
  • Improved K-Boost function
  • GPU vitals area on main GUI is now scrollable
  • GUI now shows clock and voltage adjustments in real time
  • + more!

FAQ:

• Q. What is Frame Rate Target and what does it do?
  • A. Frame Rate Target limits your framerate to the specified setting. On 600 series cards and later, the frame rate limiter will also allow the card to limit the amount of power utilized to match the specified framerate. Note: you must restart the application for the setting to apply.
  • Q. Can I type in values?
  • A. Yes, this can be done by simply clicking on the numerical value that you wish to change. After clicking you can type in a value.
  • Q. How can I set a custom fan curve?
  • A. Click the Fan Curve button, then select “Enable software automatic fan control”. After this you can setup a custom fan curve.
  • Q. What is Power Target and how does it affect my card?
  • A. Power Target is a power limiter. Increasing the Power Target will increase the available power to your graphics card, allowing for higher overclocks, or higher boost clocks. NOTE: Increasing this value may increase your GPU temperature. This feature is only available on 600 series graphics cards.
  • Q. What is a Clock Offset?
  • A. Clock offsets are the new way to overclock for 600 series graphics cards. You overclock by setting an offset value, this value is + or – every prequalified clockspeed. EG: If your boost clock is 1058MHz, setting a +100MHz offset will make your boost clock 1158MHz.
  • Q. How do I enable the On-Screen Display (OSD)?
  • A. Click the Monitoring button, select the feature you wish to see on screen, and select "Show in On-Screen Display"
  • Q. My Test button is grayed out.
  • A. This is meant to be used when EVGA OC Scanner X is also installed. Selecting the test button will automatically load a 3D stress test.
  • Q. Does EVGA Precision X need to be running in the background to set clockspeeds and settings?
  • A. No, EVGA Precision does not need to be running, just make sure to select the Apply button before exiting.
  • Q. I see Power (Optional), GPU Clock and Memory Clock in the monitoring window, how can I view more?
  • A. Simply double click this area to show all vitals, or scroll using the scroll bar.
  • Q. How do I change what graphs are shown at the bottom of Precision X?
  • A. Click on monitoring. The top 3 graphs listed will be shown at the bottom of the application. Drag and drop items from the list to arrange which graphs are shown.
  • Q. The OSD is not working in ____________ game!
  • A. The OSD supports DirectX 11, 10 and 9 games. It does not support OpenGL at this time.

No Download link, as EVGA officially decided to remove the software, at least for a few days, until a software update that can bring it back.

More info here

Edited by Skr13
[Title fixed!] #1 [5.0.1 Update] #2 [Download links removed!] #3

Skr it's now known as EVGA PrecisionX 15 v5.0.0. Available on Steam as of today with Achievements and weighs in at 129MB.

"The future is now with EVGA PrecisionX 15. This software allows you to fine tune your graphics card, including GPU Clock Offsets, Memory Clock Offsets, Fan Speed, voltage and much more."

Install version proof...

EDIT: Another logo now the main EVGA site is working

Smith, thanks for pointing that out, I must be distracted to miss that recent naming change.

BTW I didn't know it was also available at Steam, but why 129MB, it's "huge" when compared to ~11MB exe.

Steam downloads the entire files, that's why it's bigger than the .exe

The issue that for being on Steam it has to download the DirectX 2010 distribution files and this comes in at 98.1MB. The rest of the files totals 31.2MB.

Structure and info:

[ _CommonRedist ] 98.1MB - DX distro's

[ Bundle ] 43.8KB - Bridge App Monitoring

[ Help ] 48.0KB - Help overlays

[ Localization ] 523KB - Languages > Dutch, French, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, and Taiwanese

[ Profiles ] 22KB - Custom GPU cfg profiles with default profile at 21KB

[ Readme ] 2.44KB - Brief licence agreement

[ Redist ] 285KB - DX websetup to downloads latest libraries

[ Skins ] 17.8MB - These are EVGA skins, you have Default JP white/black 2014, Default 2014, and Red Classified 2014

[ Sound ] 8.54KB - Alarm WAV audio

PrecisionX.exe 3.20MB

PrecisionX_x64.exe 4.19MB

PrecisionXServer.exe 1.92MB - replacement for RTSS server stats

PrecisionXServer_x64 2.70MB- replacement for RTSS server stats

PrecisionXServerHooks.dll 120KB

PrecisionXServerHooks_x64.dll 166KB

steam_api.dll 104KB

steam_api64.dll 120KB

steam_appid.txt 8 bytes

Oh, that explains why the bigger size of the folder.

Yeah, many games and benchmark apps include DX 2010 complete package sometimes also Visual C++ Redistributable when needed.

Don't want to start keeping this program updated for obvious reasons but letting people know that PrecisionX 15 5.0.1 is released, mostly bug fixes.

Even EVGA in the notes has missed out the "X" AND "15" alongside the version number, and mispelt "Seperate" (corrected below)  :facepalm:  Oh well, easy to see how laziness lead to that copy 'n paste job!

EVGA Precision 5.0.1 Released
Update has gone live with the following changes:

• Separate Windows and Steam versions
  • Fix "clear history" crash in hardware monitor window
  • Fix overvolt bug on 780 Ti and TITAN cards
  • Fix auto fan mode does not match profile setting when switching profiles

A lot of people had complained that PX was dominating their active running app and were kept being told to go to the EVGA site and download the standalone utility instead of Steam version. Despite that the standalone was being detected STILL by Steam (DRM?) and people were very annoyed (again!). My fix I around this was to run PX before Steam on the standalone version, annoying I know but the only solution there is. Renaming or blocking the app access to the internet didn't stop this being shown in Steam. Simple for everyone to use MSI Afterburner and save yourself a headache and also help support Alexey with your loyalty with his utility.

Caution: people have been nearly destroying their GPUs by trying to get achievements (2000MHz core clocks), please don't try this. One of the achievements for a simple 1300MHz core clock doesn't work for me. And remember you don't even have to click apply, same goes for the "1337" achievement.

Thanks Smith, I edited the first main post, by including your post about 5.0.1 update.

EVGA took precision 15 down.

Thanks, link removed!

Found out at 8PM last night about the EVGA statement, about time they checked the facts than arguing the toss.

It may been pulled but odd it's still up on the Steam page and still launches.

Not sure if the download link works to actually install it but in any case, anyone can get 5.0.1 working on Steam by downloading a mirrored Steam backup and restoring it. I didn't have local copies of the standalone versions, I normally would but ain't promoting this clone.

I didn't say we should remove it too ;) It's was EVGA's fault to release it, so who cares.

VfXlnc0.png

Well EVGA PrecisionX 16 has been released on Steam but no release notes as yet, filesize update is 6.2MB. Not that I would support it, MSI Afterburner is too good :)

On my list it says EVGA PrecisionX 16 but update remains in folder EVGA PrecisionX 15.

File version is 5.2.0.0. Executive timestamp is 18 September 2014 08:56:41.

VQy4g9n.png

When I launch EVGA PX Server this annoying window keeps popping up, closing it doesn't get rid of it either, it opens itself back up!

In Task Manager it shows as 'EVGA PrecisionX 15 Server, one 32bit and the other native 64bit. At this moment I see no point to this update.

To close it I had to open TaskMan and go to Details then close those two instances and that stopped it from opening up automatically again.

I need official changelog and links(no steam) to update the topic.

This issue I had with PX Server was with not allowing the utility through my firewall.

All is well apart from the update hasn't changed the UI or updated this utility for me. This post shows what it should look like but no files found elsewhere to host.

Still a mystery other than obviously being released for 900-series support today for Europe, yesterday US. Changelog on official site remains for older July release as we originally posted here.