Kittens

Hi...

9 posts in this topic

Hey..

I'm really interested in GPUs, and am a bit of a collector... so after being a regular reader of VideoCardz for a couple of years, I  thought I'd make a forum account...

I will admit that I check VC every single day probably two or three times for news in the graphics card world... :D

R9 390X/GTX 880, release already!! My 670s are getting long in the tooth...

So, uh... hi!  :)

Hey Kittens and welcome to the community!

Well, GTX 670 SLI still very powerful at the moment, but people always want the best of the best, isn't it?

BTW, nice avatar picture of a cat you have there ;)

Hello and thank you  :)

I recently got three Dell U2414s for 5760x1080 surround, and my cards really struggle.. especially with the vram side of things :/ and since I have heard the next-gen could be only just around the corner, I thought I'd wait ^^

And thank you, she is Wren, my kitty :3

Ah now I see... Yeah for that Ultra HD resolution, surely 2GB of VRAM is not enough for the highest settings,  I have "just" a GTX 770, it's enough for my 1080p gaming :)

HI kittens and welcome to the VC-forum.. :)

Welcome Kittens,

I had 670 SLI for a while, and these cards would struggle delivering enough performance for my 1440p Catleap, moving to single 780 Ti was a good decision, despite higher price and lower synthetic performance.

Hi Kittens

Today's in general GPUs are enough even for Watch_Dogs at 60fps going forwards despite it needing patch ASAP. So long as you either for a Titan Black (VRAM, extra shaders), cheaper still 780 6GB or two, or perhaps 290 X2 (outperforms TitanZ) if you can it with $120 off which I have noticed. Highest ingame settings with AA depending on resolution but up to 1440p isn't any trouble. A couple 6GB 780 is tempting for an extra $50-$60, perhaps the EVGA SuperClock ACX for the next 2.5 years.

Hi Kittens, welcome to the forum . Am waiting for GTX880 too -.- , been waiting for almost 1 year . so long ... so long ....

Hi!  :)

780 6GBs are tempting ....

I was hoping the 800 series would be Q3-4 2014 >.<

Thank you everyone for the welcomes :3