Demiourgos

Introduction

9 posts in this topic

Hi everyone

Well firstly hello to all and thanks ahead of time I have found a lot of info so far that has helped. So to start will give a bit of info about my system. Well I am in the middle of building a new one.

So here I go firstly will start with the gpus which are two evga 780 tis which is a bit over kill for the motherboard and CPU I have but like I have said I am in the middle of upgrading. So my CPU is a good old 2500 k overclocked to 4.5ghz with 16gb of ram a 128 gb ssd, two 500gb hdds, motherboard a Asus. Will not add much more as my upgrade will change a lot of this and seems pointless putting my current build in if it will all change in the next few months. My current screens are still only 1080p but have ordered a Samsung 4k tn panel which will arrive end of May. I will see if the 780tis can handle it fingers crossed should do lol. Think I should explain that I ended up with two 780tis cause the second one came to me throw my brother inlaw who wanted to upgrade to a classy version and he sold me his one at a great price. So for what my upgrade will be well at the moment I will be looking at the new haswell e when they come out I know will be a bit pricey and over kill but this build will be one that for once I can say I have a extreme build don't think I will every build another like it.

Well think I will leave the introduction there as a bit hung over, like I say still got a bit of upgrading to go and will update as and when I get parts. Was wondering if any one has a 4k monitor running on two 780tis and what they think the combo.

Hello and welcome. I don't think there are 4k gamers here. There are problems with 30Hz+ refresh rate, unless you're using MST. Till HDMI 2.0 becomes mainstream 4k displays will remain unpopular.

GTX 780 (TI) SLI or 290(X) CF is quite futureproof configuration. I own just a single card and some games won't let me use highest settings without framerate drop.

Thanks for the welcome whycry I had the same thought with refresh rates of the new 4k monitors till I saw this monitor Samsung U28D590. Not yet in the uk from what I know till late May unless you order from Asia. Although a TN panel, From what I see this monitor runs at 60 hz and a 1 ms refresh rate but only on display port as you said with hdmi it will only run at 30 Hz. It's price does not break the bank as well around 500-600 pounds. Will post a review once I get it if anyone is interested.

Hi Demiourgos and welcome to the forum.

No 4k'ers here but generally how performance for 4k 'works' as what FPS you get from 1080p to 1600p, drop it by 50% (average), then from 1600p to 2160p drop by another 50% and that's your expected playable FPS. A bit simple but that what you should expect. The nearest you can get to 60fps the better for a smooth and responsive gameplay the better even if that means dropping off AA completely and that's common for such a high res. You'll need to adjust the DPI scaling for the desktop though to be able to read the icons on the desktop because they are very small.

And if you post your impression of the panel, gameplay performance with 780 Ti (Classified?) and various JPEG screenshots I'd be keen to see how well it does.

Btw thats the same panel Linus reviewed and said it was the best 4k in its price bracket, worth a gamble even though I'd want DP 1.3, HDMI 2.0, G-Sync/FreeSync on any of my future 4k panels.

Thanks for the welcome SMiThaYe will post a few bench mark JPEG when it arrives will show them on one 780ti and in sli. Like you said I was a bit here or there when I first saw 4k but could not find a monitor that would have that wow factor for me. Seemed that there was not a monitor out there that had both the hz or the res I was looking for except the Asus rog screen that I think is still to be released. I first was going to wait for a monitor with g-sync but really need a monitor up grade seemed a waste to have two tis on a 1080 p monitor at 60 hz. I know I should be a bit more patient but have other things to upgrade with my build so went for this monitor as I am sure it will be a bit more future proof. Might not be the best monitor in a few months but it will have the picture res I am looking for and I am sure the two tis will be able to hand the games I play at a some what descent fps. Any how will post a bit more about it and how the ti handles it and then how two handle it.

Get a $300-350 1440/1600p Monitor from Korea?

And, hello :)

Hi Demiourgos, welcome to the forums ;)

I have the same CPU, 2500K, I've been trying to achive stable 4.5Ghz these days, but is not an easy job, it requires too much Vcore, 1.36+.

For now I have it @ 4.3Ghz with less than 1.30v, so the 200Mhz difference is not worth the effort and higher temps.

Hey Demiourgos welcome to the forums.. 

I have the 2400, which i can not overclock..;)