Skr13

Asus R9 280X TOP Personal experience

6 posts in this topic

:cooler:

So after a loooong wait, I finally made the move, and purchased a new graphics card.

I was about to choose GTX 770, but 2GB/256-bit for a €300+ card seems not a good deal at the moment, so I choose the equivalent card from AMD, the R9 280X, featuring 3GB Vram and 384-bit bus, that may be more future-proof, as some games actually can use more than 2GB, even at 1080p with Higher textures and AA.

It was an unexpected decision, even for me, but I found a reasonable deal at local shop and immediatly purchase the card.

Curious fact apart from Xtreme 3's compatibility with my card, is that I can't find a dual bios switch :D

About Overclocking, I haven't tested how far the card goes, because at factory specs, 1070/6400Mhz, this card rocks!

Temps are great with AC cooler, 50-52ºC»Core Max and 64-68ºC»VRM1 at Unigine Heaven 4.0, fans at 7v, very low noise...

So let's look at the pics(some are low quality, from Nokia 6630): Enjoy!

20022014_001.jpg 20022014_002.jpg

20022014_003.jpg SAM_0069.jpg

SAM_0071.jpg SAM_0073.jpg

SAM_0077.jpg SAM_0078.jpg

SAM_0080.jpg SAM_0081.jpg

SAM_0082.jpg

Now I can play Winter maps at Coh2 :P

(and no, I won't play with BIOS this time)

nice to see that you make the move ! :) enjoy it at least 1 year before playing with the bios haha :D . Keep up posted

Regards

Great card.

(and no, I won't play with BIOS this time)

You better don't!

What thermal paste are you using?

BTW you could've uploaded the pics to the forums ;)

Great card.

You better don't!

What thermal paste are you using?

BTW you could've uploaded the pics to the forums ;)

Thermal paste is: Noctua NT-H1

Yeah I could've upload the pics to the forums ;)

Congratulations on your new card SKr13, and may the force be with you if you don't play with the bios..:) 

Yeah, good news Skr! :D Good to see people upgrading their old GPUs and interesting to see what they finally buy, at last your GF 210 is gone!

Looks like your aftermarket Accelero Xtreme III has turned your 280X into a 3-slot GPU but with really good GPU/VRM temps, great clocker too :)