abvolt

abvolt's New Toy

35 posts in this topic

Thanks I received my parts the other day. Today I'll be leak testing and if all goes well my new rig will be setting under my desk this Sunday. I'll also post some pics before I'm done It's been long enough. Very anxious to see how this rig performs. 

I would never be so patient to wait for all gear to start building :)

Well I'm up & running for 5 days now no issues at all so far. I've got my cpu ratio at 46 vcore 1.265 and temps are at idle 19-20C. when gaming or benching 56-58. Really impressed with this board I know a lot of people were talking about how unstable the R4BE is but I don't see that in any way. I believe Asus has done a very good job with this board, It is the best mobo that I've ever owned. I can also report that the kingpins are everything evga has said about them to be true, I have not yet changed the bios on the cards but I will soon.

Amazing setup :) Though to me anyway, green UV looks odd with that excellent red dye, I'd have picked white if you were after getting your UV tubes to glow. Please pose more photos you tease, and yes I'm posting mine this week too ;)

If I have this right your loop (minus rads, pumps, res) is GPUs> MOSFETs> CPU> chipset?

Idle temps are great (what was your room temp?) and load temps are higher than I expected from having 3 rads at those KPEs reasonable volts - I'd have fans for push on the top rad to help temps.

Highest you can push under water is normally 1.35vcore, with Classy tool you can push those KPEs to 1.50 for quick benchmarks. But watch the VRM temps and try to keep GPU below 60C. I push my Classified @ 1400/1860MHz with 1.35vcore/160% PT, FB 1.74v, PEX 1.178, PWM 508kHz and it peaks at 46C with CPU at 40C.

One thing I will say about the board though is that for using more than 16GB RAM the board is picky and won't even boot with compatible RAM at rated SPD unless you pick Haswell profile or severely drop CPU freq. I played about with CPU power in BIOS and loosened timings to keep system stable but I feel IMC isn't as strong with my 4930K in particular. Before flashing the R4BE the board was very unstable with anything other than 1600MHz. What had saved a CMOS reset and much time for me was the MEMOK button on the board. Apart from that minor issue it's an amazing board and the best I'll probably ever own, boards really don't get better than this and happy a fellow owner feels the same way too.