TheSurroundGamer

Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Haswell, LGA 1150, Socket H3) Benchmarks and Gameplay!

3 posts in this topic

Alright, guys, I apologize for not starting this thread sooner, however, we have ourselves a nice little chip here!  I'm using an i7-4770S in an mITX HTPC/SFF  build, and it holds up quite well!  Especially considering the fact that this build only runs on less than 150W!!

Here are the specs of the build:
Project Desktop HTPC:
-Intel Haswell i7-4770S
-ASRock B85M-ITX
-Mushkin Enhanced Stealth DDR3 1600 8GB (2x4GB) dual channel RAM @ 8-8-8-24
-Samsung 470 Series 64GB SSD for Windows + immediate apps
-Samsung Pro 840 Series 256GB SSD for storage + 'auxiliary' apps
-Lite-On CD/DVD combo drive
-Intel HD Graphics 4600 (on CPU)
-ASUS Xonar Essence STX PCIe sound card
-PicoPSU-150-xt 12V DC-DC ATX power supply
-HiFiMAN HE-400 headphones
-Acer H274HLBMID Black 27" LED backlit LCD (only 20 watts!)
-Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
-Case/Chassis: Rosewill RC-CIX-01 BK Glossy Black Steel Cube Mini-ITX
-AVerMedia Live Gamer Portable capture device

And a few videos to show off its graphical and performance prowess; remember, less than 150W!:

">Unigine Valley Benchmark 1.0 - Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Haswell):

Sure it can play it on medium-ish settings with high 52ms frametimes, but Kaveri is faster/cheaper and the iGPU 4600 isn't as fast as IrisPro graphics 5200 if you were really going for performance over cost while keeping the TDP in check (65W). I'm not attacking your choice and you have your own reason for deciding on 4770S, interesting to see actual gameplay with the odd synthetic benchmark thrown in.

Sure it can play it on medium-ish settings with high 52ms frametimes, but Kaveri is faster/cheaper and the iGPU 4600 isn't as fast as IrisPro graphics 5200 if you were really going for performance over cost while keeping the TDP in check (65W). I'm not attacking your choice and you have your own reason for deciding on 4770S, interesting to see actual gameplay with the odd synthetic benchmark thrown in.

I would assume he already had the mobo or CPU (or both)

As for limited power and space AMD APU better __unless__ you need really high CPU power for something.

Cool build.