Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chartiet

780 Classified Memory Type?

8 posts in this topic

What's the status on the Classy's having Samsung or Elipida memory? Are the Classy's coming with exclusive Samsung mem? Rumors were they were running short and were shipping out with Elipida. thanks

Your question is very specifc. I would suggest looking at EVGA forums, where such question was probably already answered. Or even better, ask EVGA Jacob directly, he is quite active on twitter https://twitter.com/EVGA_JacobF

got in touch with him at evga.  i got the answer.  all 780 classy's should have either Hynix or Samsung now.

but there were Clasys with elpida modules? Where did this information even came from?

Whoa whoa, can I be enlightened please on this topic?  I would love to know more about the "Memory type" that you guys are talking about.

Whoa whoa, can I be enlightened please on this topic?  I would love to know more about the "Memory type" that you guys are talking about.

"memory type" means who manufacturers the memory.

Some manufacturers have memory that overclocks better than others.

"memory type" means who manufacturers the memory.

Some manufacturers have memory that overclocks better than others.

Right right, I understand that part, who makes the better memory? and why is it better? easier to overclock, lasts longer? quality components?

Right right, I understand that part, who makes the better memory? and why is it better? easier to overclock, lasts longer? quality components?

typically it overclocks better.  The length of time it lasts really shouldn't matter unless you plan on keeping the GPU over 8-10 years.

Other stuff is different, but without being able to visit their fabrication sites and know more about the technology they use to produce the RAM I could not say anything about quality of the "Components" so to speak.