SMiThaYe

EVGA
EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Classified KPE - Lots of images!

10 posts in this topic

EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Classified KPE

From CES the KPE was teased as shown in these images. Release is penned in for the 24th January here in the UK, unless you pre-order now you should expect delays because they are built to order. Feel free to discuss :)

GMuLgdsm.jpg 89zvSyJm.jpg

The transparent shroud is screaming take me off! There's no way you'd spend so much on this insanely fast GPU that you'd stay on air cooling.

cnGkImem.jpg UX8F38rm.jpg

qouh2JUm.jpg u7jQYLrm.jpg

Something my 780 TI Classified doesn't have, a backplate to strengthen the PCB and aid cooling the VRMs. It's not as thick as some backplates I've had over the years and shouldn't cause issues for tall RAM or additional PCIe devices. Besides that you can see the additional 6-pin PCI Express power connections compared to the 780 TI Classified with dual 8-pin PCI Express power connections. This give this KPE 450W TDP and the PEX PLL circuit has been beefed up for overvolting the PCI Express auxiliary power - you see now why they needed the extra power connector. To further help deliver good voltages, there are 14 phases for the GPU and 3 phases for the memory, this is the same as the 780 TI Classified.

Why only 3GB? This is because for world record attempts the pros flash Titans to half the available VRM to enable higher overclocks, same principle comes from selecting 8-16GB DDR3 and CL9 in achieving Samsung 2600MHz clocks as the sweet spot for Haswell overclocking. 8Pack confirmed with KingPin (aka Vince) that KPE is fully unlocked: "the King Pin is fully unlocked for sure Vince has assured me of this himself."

g2dcLnJm.jpg 5em9Ey9m.jpg

gYNC2yFm.jpg t0mSBYCm.jpg

The KPE is impressive and in case you were wondering about this GPU, it uses Samsung modules unlike my normal Classified that sticks with SK Hynix that struggles to reach 1300MHz with reasonable clocks because the KPE got the high bins. KPE certification is that it reached 1300MHz at 1.2mV. Buy one of these and this card will fly through benchmarks with H20, intended more for LN2 but what's ever stopped EVGA ultra enthusiasts ;)

There is a guide to help you that I've mirrored below and I've provided the official specifications too - according to EVGA you can have quad SLI and in my opinion only ever useful for benchmarking. Two is enough for high-res gaming and Corsair's upcoming AX1500i Titanium (94% eff at 50%) would be a very good match.

REVEAL FOR MORE IMAGES ....

1K4TEYZm.jpg AwDoMM6m.jpg

x78IP8rm.jpg xa82J4km.jpg

pglEOvQm.jpg kgkLstEm.jpg

s48IpW0m.jpg uf18LHPm.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS

• Core:
    - 2880 CUDA Cores
    - Base Clock: 1072 MHz
    - Boost Clock: 1137 MHz
    - Bus: PCI-E 3.0
    - 2-way, 3-way, 4-way SLI Ready
    - Texture Fill Rate: 257.28 GT/s

• Memory:
    - 3072 MB GDDR5
    - Memory Bit Width: 384 Bit
    - Memory Clock: 7000 MHz
    - Memory Speed: 0.28 ns
    - Memory Bandwidth: 336 GB/s

• Features:
    - NVIDIA TXAA Technology
    - NVIDIA GPU Boost 2.0
    - NVIDIA PhysX Technology
    - NVIDIA FXAA Technology
    - NVIDIA Adaptive Vertical Sync
    - NVIDIA Surround
    - NVIDIA 3D Vision Ready
    - Support for four concurrent displays; two dual-link DVI connectors, HDMI and Displayport 1.2
    - Microsoft DirectX 11.2 API (feature level 11_0) with Direct Compute 5.0 support
    - NVIDIA SLI Ready
    - NVIDIA CUDA Technology
    - PCI Express 3.0 Support
    - OpenGL 4.4 Support
    - OpenCL Support
    - NVIDIA SHIELD Ready
    - NVIDIA G-Sync Ready

OC SETTINGS REFERENCE TABLE
                             EVGA ACX Aircooling        High-performance watercooling        Liquid nitrogen, -100°C
GPU stable boost clock       1200 MHz                   1350 MHz                             1750 MHz
Memory stable clock          7400 MHz                   7600 MHz                             7800 MHz
Memory voltage               1.700 V                    1.725 V                              1.85 V
PEX voltage                  1.100 V                    1.15 V                               1.25 V
3Dmark11 Performance         15000                      17000                                21000
3Dmark FireStrike Extreme    6000                       6200                                 7600

Important note: overvoltage on graphics card components instantly violates warranty and provided "AS IS" only in educational purposes.

Now that is one very good looking card is there any price point for this card yet.

£740, £100 more than the 780 Ti Classified.

Call me crazy, but the the thing I like the most about this card is the black bracket. I don't know why other manufacturers seem to forget how does this impact the overall appearance.

yOZciiJ.jpg

I would really like to get my hands on one of these beauties does anyone know a release date yet ?

OC UK have this on their product page

ETA: 24/01/14

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-240-EA

Their stock has been delayed in being shipped due to worldwide demand, US is getting their stock again while so little is left for Europe again (Asus all over!)

KPE is suffering from lower clocked memory which affects gaming unlike SKHynix. Proves why it was right to class this as a benching only GPU. And with the modded XOCKPti BIOS its truly unlimited TDP. Highest GPU clocks I come across was 1502MHz but memory was stuck at 1800~1850MHz LN2.

To spell it out:

• (780 Ti Classified) Higher memory clocks = great game fps, lower benchmarks (SKHynix)
  • (780 Ti Classified KPE) Higher GPU clocks = great bench scores (Samsung) lower gaming fps due to higher latency memory

If all you do is bench, obviously buy the KPE. For the hardcore gamers that may dabble in benching buy the standard 780 Ti Classified. As things stand right now I'd read a few forums about the KPE, OCN, but favourite of many is the non-KPE.

• The 780 Classy block that is compatible with the 780 Ti Classy is also compatible with the 780 Ti Classy KPE - link
  • You can also buy the backplate that is compatible for those GPUs I mentioned, I'll add the backplate for my build in a couple weeks time - link

PCB compare (source: alancsalt, OCN)

lMyERrQ.jpg

That's it for now, any more info feel free to participate :)

Geggeg over on OCN had asked JacobF about the possibility of a black cooler and that remains unknown for now. However he did elaborate on the cooler, let's be honest its not to most people's tastes.

JacobF: "We have started the product planning for ACX2, but are still working on the feature set. Larger cards like this will likely have bigger fans in future." And: "The flak mainly seems to stem from people who do not like the appearance of the clear shroud. (Specifically that it was a bit frosted). Certainly we take all feedback like this and try to improve for the future"

So who's bright idea was it: "It was a joint effort between Vince (K|NGP|N) and EVGA." Since when does Vince care about the look of a stock cooler :P

source

Yeah, they are preparing for GTX 880 with the ACX2. The translucent cooler is obviously ugly as hell and I hope they won't use it again.

Thanks for finding this picture for comparison, I didn't realize how similar these cards are. I wouldn't buy any of them though, I find them overpriced, but if someone can afford it, then why not (Smith :) )

KingPin (Vince) has made a reply on why he choose Samsung memory and benchmarks to proves its slightly faster.

basically a Samsung KPE Ti card is still faster than hynix based ones at 200-250mhz less clock speed. Getting samsung to work good on Ti was a bit of a challenge at first, its a bit of a different animal than titan or 780. We are constantly tuning card bios's and releasing SW here for best possible overclocking function and performance, that's EVGA and we'll probably release a new AIR bios with higher memory clocking soon, but again PLEASE! that's not the point of this card. You know what that is High memory clocks on air mean nothing..if doesn't translate when pushing the core on XOC. That is the case with most hynix based cards including normal classified. We saw it very early on when pushing reference Ti with hynix memory. I guess MSI prolly saw the same thing we did and that is why they used samsung on those 12 pieces of Ti Lightnings they made lol.

http://kingpincooling.com/forum/showthread.php?p=26974#post26974