SMiThaYe

Sandra
SiSoftware Sandra 2014

3 posts in this topic

cYFr5NF.png

SiSoftware Sandra 2014 Released

Press release

- Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 (32-bit x86, 64-bit x64)
- Windows Server 2008/R2, 2012/R2 (32-bit x86, 64-bit x64)

Been going for donkey years and useful for checking every system detail and more technical than AIDA64. It runs a variety of system benchmarks and compares with it's online leader boards. That's why this is in this section and plan to run some for comparison to other peoples systems here when Ekasinia is done. Feel free to run whatever benchmark you want, there is only one preset per category.

If you buy it then grab the Personal (aka Family Pack) to run the tests. If you don't want to buy it then stick to the Lite 2014 version which is free.

• Uses industry standard benchmarks (e.g. Dhrystone, Whetstone, STREAM), not arbitrary/proprietary ones (e.g. 'memories', 'photos', etc)
  • Uses industry standard measurement units (e.g. MIPS, MFLOPS, MB/s, IOPS), not arbitrary/proprietary ones (e.g. 'marks', 'points', or no unit at all!)
  • You can enable the 'Ranking Engine' to download new reference results and share your results with our community
  • To test the stability of your computer, a remote computer or VM and check for any weaknesses, use the 'Burn-in' wizard
  • Use the 'Analysis and Advice' wizard for a list of performance enhancing tips for your computer, then optimise for best performance.
  • SiSoftware Sandra is one of the earliest benchmarks, launched way back in 1997; it contains over 15 years of expertise!
  • A new version of Sandra is released every 3 months or sooner
  • Commercial users can apply for discounts

This is great, I can't purchase this software because it says "Banned/embargoed country".

Digging into the FAQ I found this meant "Not a citizen/national of a country we could not sell/send/ship a product, i.e. UK/EU/US embargoed countries, or other restrictions." Sent them an email.

Edit: In communication with Jagged Online they have said this should not have happened as they are a UK company too and suggested alternative payment but not ideal.

Edit: In return for paying by card and proving that paying by paypal is broke, I was kindly given a free CD (worth £15). Could be the support disc otherwise if it's the software it's pretty pointless because we go through 5 updates a year and always stick on downloads on NAS monster.

Edited by SMiThaYe
PayPal broke for UK and free disc for my troubles

This is good news I'll sure give it a try thanks man..