SMiThaYe

Steam
Steam Deals, Post 'Em Here

39 posts in this topic

Steam Deals, Post 'Em Here

If you come across a great deal and we should know about a must have game, let us know, simple :)

Tips (post yours if you have 'em) :

1. The best deals are the short Flash deals and generally don't get any cheaper, next is Daily Deal, then the normal Weekly Deal. For completing badges or achievement you may get discount vouchers for a random title. These vouchers have an expiry date and discount can vary from 25% to 90% judging from the ones I've received. If you miss a Holiday Flash or daily deal I do recall they always come back on offer on the last day.

2. Check out SteamPrices  - it keeps track of prices, if your region is ripping you off or it's genuinely a fantastic offer you'll get a very good idea.

3. Personally I don't count 50% off as great discount unless the game is poor, if under 3 months since release I'd think again. 50% off DLCs is a good deal and around 75 to 90% is worth snapping up titles. The discount depends on the original price of the game, like it being set artificially high to begin with, and if it comes with extras such as soundtracks, DLCs, maps/guides.

4. Check deals on Green Man Gaming, GOGGamersGateSteamDB, HumbleStore, Enhanced Steam addon or check out the retail copies via search comparison sites or go to the old brick n mortar stores. If you've already got the game on your Wishlist then you should never miss out as Valve email you an alert.

Steamprices and SteamDB harvest every game available, here are my 3 picks for 19th Dec 2013 I think you should check out:

- BioShock Triple Pack (BioShock/BioShock 2/BioShock Infinite) - rated: 96%/88%/94%) £9.31/$14.99 - Store

- Time Gentlemen, Please! and Ben There, Dan That! Special Edition Double Pack (84/100) - rated: 91% £0.26/$0.44 - Store

- Trine - rated: 90% £0.69/$0.99 - Store

- Hard Reset Extended Edition - rated: 73/100 £2.49/$3.74 - Store

Edited by SMiThaYe
added GOG, somehow that wasn't on!

I'm registered on steamgifts, galagiveaways and gameminer, all of them offer free Steam games to random person that enter the challenge by paying coins(virtual and free by the site). Never won nothing, but I only use those sites since a few days ago ;)

About Steam Deals, sometimes they are really good, but right now I'm not after a specific game...

Thanks man that site is really great steamprices who knew been a steam member for years.. 

Your welcome abvolt, hit that Like button on the bottom right of the post too if your want ;)

For those who enjoy benchmarking, get 3DMark (2013) while it has 90% off - get it here.

Counter-Strike: GO is £2.99 on it's own, grab the collection with 75% off for only £4.24 here.

I just got Rise of The Triad of steam for 2.99 not bad & it's a fun game.

Don't know if any of you guys ever played Torchlight 2 really fun game some what like Diablo in game play it's on sale now for 4.99 really good deal.

Don't know if any of you guys ever played Torchlight 2 really fun game some what like Diablo in game play it's on sale now for 4.99 really good deal.

Yeah I played Torchlight 1 and enjoyed a lot, even that is not my genre of game.

Age of Empires Legacy Bundle (Age of Empires II HD/Age of Empires II HD: The Forgotten/Age of Empires III: Complete Collection) - rated 68%/??%/81% £10.19/$18.69 - Store

Mixed bag of games/DLCs is Painkiller Complete Pack at 75% off - yours for £14.99/$17.49 - Store

Also if anyone wants Steam coupons (no hoarders) check out my Items Up For Trade. Nothing amazing, I usually let these ones expire but they're yours if you want them - Link.

Some great deals popping up, posting as I see them :)

Tomb Raider GOTY Edition (26 DLCs) rated 86% £4.99/US??? - Store

CiV V DLC Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World is certainly worth buying - no rating but at this price its no gamble £4.99/$7.49 - Store

If you have the full game XCOM: Enemy Unknown, the DLC XCOM: Enemy Within is certainly worth buying - rated 86% £4.99/£7.49 - Store

Worth a mention is LEGO Marvel Super Heroes but no discounts on the DLCs - rated 78% £7.49/$9.99 - Store

Grid 2 Reloaded Edition (includes the following which is all the DLCs and base game:  GRID 2, Headstart Pack , Super Modified Pack, Peak Performance Pack, Drift Pack, McLaren Racing Pack , GTR Racing Pack, IndyCar Pack, Spa-Francorchamps Track Pack, Bathurst Track Pack, Classic GRID Pack) - rated 80% £7.49/$12.49 - Store

how does AoE 3 have a higher score?!
That game wrecked a lot of things that made AoE/AoE2 imho...

*meh*

Rating on Metacritics aren't accurate (paid bias from top sites) I'm not a huge fan of them. Useful to those who need quick indicator when buying games.

Too long ago (nearly 8 years for 3rd instalment and 14 years for sequel) to recall in detail why it did well in critics eyes after all the titles I've played since which was mainly Civ V at the time. I love classics and relatively challenging gameplay from the 90s and don't see AoE II as a bad game at all. Maybe youngins will see differently if they can't get past the dated mechanics and slightly updated HD graphics on modded BANG engine. If you don't like it mod it ;)

I forget to post them here instead of just shoutbox :P

Here's a good pack for those new to Steam, most Steam veteran's have these but there's always some that will have waited for these deals. UK gets a bad deal and I'd avoid this, should be £15.99 tops and EU should be €19.99. The EU is slowly recovering, but does little old UK really have to subsidise them? ;)

LFbDmKRm.jpg

Valve Complete Pack 2013 with a very healthy 75% off - yours for  £18.99 / $24.99 / €17,99 - Store

Deals on everywhere now for games and coming to an end soon, too numerous to mention all the stores or games! Christmas wasn't good for deals last year and why you shouldn't be super tight with prices right now. Use the methods I posted in OP to check if you're getting a good deal, then see what other places are charging and their historical data (shows which store charge the lowest and at what amount).

If you're buying keys from legit sites like G2A make sure they work for your region (they say the region or global anyway). On the 18th December Steam region-locked Russian titles and highly likely others are too. as I just mentioned, region-free or region locked should be mentioned on the store page otherwise it's a dodgy site. Russian's pay around $3 for a $40 title elsewhere in the world, that's why we see cheap games being sold on.

Steam also restricts passing on game gifts for a month and locks them til this time has passed, only after a month passes can you sell that gift. This is a late response due to the numerous Sniper Elite III keys that were revoked. Legit key may have originally been stolen or bought from cheaper regions and would have cost the publisher Rebellion million in lost income [image of their response]. There was also the conspiracy that Steam did this at that time allegedly because of the increased markup (pushing price to £40/$50, higher than the retail price of £25-£30 which usually sits about the same) to protect their exclusive worldwide deal. The one month limitation is also a small barrier to protect their own store from cheaper alternatives that may use the Steam platform among others like uPlay and Origin - pick your poison.

A lot of people can't afford games for many reasons and we all want to pass on some tips, this is a deals thread after all. Share your own top tips here, more the merrier :)

NO thanks, I don't like particulary any of those games

NO thanks, I don't like particulary any of those games

One jumps out to me and that's the RTS Supreme Commander 2. Not the best as I preferred the first but for some bizarre reason the original has no reductions at all, would have been ideal as a bundle.

The rest are middling at best, bordering broken ie Urban Chaos (bought the retail CD back in 1999) and Championship Manager series after breakup where the core team setup Football Manager and rights remained with Eidos Interactive. Sleeping original is very good, both myself and Assassino covered this in SweetFX and a pleasant break from western focused environments that includes all the DLCs bar 4 (cosmetics), the Definitive Edition is anything but. Tomb Raider GOTY is brilliant and best in series. Deus Ex an amazing classic RPG and can recommend a mod for that to update the visuals and audio. Just Cause great all the way through so long as you have time to spare to wonder. Hitman series a timely classic, different paths to create to ultimate assassin where brains than brute is your only option. Early Thief titles are difficult and take time to master, certainly worth it than the tamed down and boring Thief of 2014 (borderline broken, certainly has stupid AI).

The other's aren't my type but I covered all the ones I have completed many times, before Steam was launched in 2004 and other services and glad I don't know how many hours we accumulated. Love the games of the 90's, very early 00's as a gaming purist. Games like Hitman would be a test to see if I have the patience to finish it again, don't recall the exact tactics I used but have a general idea. Hitman 47 from 2000 was one of the first titles to use an engine with Physics (ragdoll physics back then), affect clothes and bushes too.

The excellent Sniper Elite 3 is at its lowest ever price on Steam with 70% off (GBP gets a bad currency deal) and same deal for the rest of the DLCs.

£11.99 / $14.99 / €13.79 - Store

OCUK have a code for 20% off 9/10 titles. Since we like to share nice things here I'll pop that info here. Skr could try it for say GTA V ;)

Code: G20OFF-OVERCL-OCKERS
http://www.greenmangaming.com/

About GMG if you are new to this site, highly recommended. As the topic title says you can buy from Steam too as well as the following in bold below.

We know our customers are passionate about their games, no matter what platform they play on. Our strength that sets us apart from other retailers, is that we sell what gamers want, how they want it. Our service allows gamers to buy and download games from a range of platforms including Steam, Origin, Uplay, Xbox Live, PlayStation Network and our own client. Offering more than just a sale, our customers also have the chance to earn Green Man Gaming Credit for being active on our site like making purchases, writing game reviews, referring friends, and trading in digital games.

MORE INFO

Thanks Smith, but I have my money only at Steam wallet, i never buy from other sites.

Tbh, I'm waiting too long for GTA V, at this stage, I prefer to wait for performance numbers, before purchase it.

Buying these titles through GMG you can activate these on Steam with this offer, get them now while you can.

Use this coupon for a further 20% off discounted price on any of these titles: SAVE20-APRILM-AYDEAL

Spec Ops: The Line - 80% off, was £19.99 now £3.99
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/gb/en/pc/games/action/spec-ops-the-line/

Mafia II - 80% off, was £19.99 now £3.99
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/gb/en/pc/games/action/mafia-ii/

Sid Meier’s Civilization IV Complete - 80% off, was £14.99 now £2.99
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/gb/en/pc/games/strategy/sid-meiers-civilization-iv-complete/

The Darkness II - 80% off, was £19.99 now £3.99
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/gb/en/pc/games/action/the-darkness-ii/

Bioshock Infinite - 75% off, was £19.99 now £4.99
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/gb/en/pc/games/shooter/bioshock-infinite/

Sid Meier’s Civilization V: The Complete Edition - 75% off, was £34.99 now £8.74
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/gb/en/pc/games/strategy/sid-meiers-civilization-v-complete-edition/

Only BioShock is worth considering.

Only BioShock is worth considering.

Fair enough :) Matter of opinion in taste of genres with all highly rated, those are the ones I would pick myself from the bunch on offer.

Have them all and all good fun, plenty of gameplay in them all with CIV series being the best for killing hundreds of hours. Darkness II (first one was a bad PC port) is obviously biased for console with a preference for a controller though I have played other titles. That said from the limited time I had way back I managed to figure out good keyboard assignments to keep using keyboard, but switching attacks + movement together was faster on wireless 360 controller. Sometimes you need controller and I won't be ashamed to admit to using it occasionally - may even try it to fly planes in GTA V under bridges cos I suck :D 

Steam has yet another week long deal offering up over 100 titles for you to browse through.

To help sift through the offers on Steam use the excellent SteamDB to judge averaged reviews and previous prices, along with other categories if you have time to check. Default link is USD but you can easily that on the top right of the site.

AHSrkhY.png

You guessed it (biggest open secret for the past month), Steam Summer sale has started and ends 21st June.

Stick to the guide in OP and try and hold out until the last day where the initial deals come back (likely repeatedly) with bigger discounts - work out if your better off with a bundle deal before heading straight off to the checkout.

Either this sale will be a big saver or quite ordinary, it was rubbish in 2013 ;)

I'll put out one little cracker I need to buy that maybe you may also want check out, The Binding of Issaac: Rebirth is a rogue-like with elements of RNG that has replayability and depth that you'll probably have to read up on to fully understand what the items drop powers are. Steam link http://store.steampowered.com/app/250900/

Despite what I've said, other websites have their own sales around the year. Comes down to how happy you are to have other services as well as Steam. Recently added GOG, I forgot to add this during my closed-beta testing, there you find DRM-free titles but they only activate on GOG from what I understand in making my own purchases. Its worthwhile owning some DRM-free titles when multiplayer services are no longer running or if you were having issues with the base game thanks to DRM for a million reasons.

I mean, really?? :P all that gpu horsepower to play.. this? :D

ss_9fa4199fa93cb8b1edd8780fa6ce9e80d2bfb

Rogue-likes can run on anything ;)

The beauty is in erm..... playing the bloody game to find out why its so much fun (I played on friends PC) :D  Check the reviews and note the hours played cos its so addictive, also rooms/enemies are randomly generated. Often these titles are overlooked by snobs, no offence to anyone, and if you didn't like it you can test the new Steam refund system ;)

Not a Steam deal (game was exclusive pre-order to GOG anyway and includes goodies like OST, fan art you don't get elsewhere) otherwise a good offer for The Witcher 3 that I'd highly recommend. GOG is perfectly fine to use and have been using since closed beta. Plus here is a coupon code for 20% off you can reuse: VALKIA-GAME20-PEROFF.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - 54% off, was £49.99 now £22.99
http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/gb/en/pc/games/action/witcher-3-wild-hunt/

Good Steam deal for the popular and personally recommended Metro Redux and Metro Last Light Redux that ends in 10 hours. On it's own unbundled it's £3.74 each (£14.99 normally) and bundled now only £6.24 making it a bargain £3.12 each.

If you want it DRM free GOG have it on offer too but doesn't beat Steam here, bundle on GOG would cost £7.58 (click the BUY SERIES to the right) link
http://www.gog.com/game/metro_2033_redux if you want to check it out

Metro Redux Bundle - 75% off, was £29.98 (sold separately) now £6.24
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/44169/

Saints Row IV: Game of the Century Edition (all DLCS) - 70% off, was £14.99 now £4.49
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/47804/

Saints Row: The Third Full Package (all DLCs) - 70% off, was £9.89 now £2.49
http://www.gog.com/game/saints_row_the_third_the_full_package

The others in the sale have been cheaper previously. If you were wanting more check out the GOG and Humblebundle sales.