144 posts in this topic

BUILD LOG UPDATED: 21st March 2014

Could take a couple of months (edit: maybe a bit longer) at this rate but at least now I got started and you can see my slow progress ;)

VsGjh76.jpg

Index of parts/build (by order of post date)

Current parts are now listed in bold in this post to help make it easier to see my current setup and removed items are crossed out.

>EVGA GeForce GTX 780Ti Dual Classified ACX (03G-P4-2888-KR)

>July 2015 - Replaced with 2x MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming

>Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition / 32GB Avexir Venom RAM / GTX 780 Ti Classy BIOS Flash Guide

>Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition / 32GB Avexir Venom RAM / SuperFlower Leadex Platinum 1200W Fully Modular 80+ Platinum Power Supply

>SuperFlower Leadex Platinum 1200W Fully Modular 80+ Platinum Power Supply cables

>Lamptron FC8 Fan Controller (Black Housing)

>Teaser: 2X Alphacool VPP655's, EK Dual CSQ loop top, Black acetal, EK Supremacy Elite CSQ Intel 2011 full nickel,

EK FC780 GTX Classy full cover block nickel acetal, 24 Pin ATX bridge, Hose cutters, Arctic Cooling MX-4,

EK reservoir X3 400, XSPC green UV 5/8 7/16 tubing, Corsair Obsidian 900D

>Arctic Cooling MX-4 20g, cleaning fluids and variety of TIMs, Mayhems 5 Litre Ultra Pure H20

>2X EK CoolStream XT 480mm rads + R4BE EK-FB Kit

>EK Supremacy Elite Edition 2011 Socket

>Variety of Bitspower fittings/adaptors/rotaries/XSPC extensions

>ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q 27" 2560x1440 GSYNC Monitor

QZXmrvOm.jpg

hWA18NLm.jpg

Bought/To Buy/Re-use

t9PgIkrt.jpg

[CPU] Intel Core i7-4930K (to block) - link

A great overclocker and good thermals with it being soldered than using that cheap and nasty TIM.

7k5j6E8t.jpg

[bOARD] Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition - link

THE perfect board to push overclocking through quality ICM and decent CPU chip, fallback to SupremeFX Black onboard audio if I decide to forgo Phoebus. Never liked the ROG themed original Rampage IV and Black Edition looks sleek. No blocks for the board yet. Even finding this in stock is a pain atm.

uwsHHJYt.jpg

[GPU] EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified ACX (to block)

Apart from immature BIOS this has great potential for the rest of the build.

eyJWIEut.jpg

[RAM] 4x 8GB Avexir Venom with Green LEDs (low timings)

Low timings for 8GB modules and cheaper than my alternative option that was Corsair's Platinum. I may block these.

csSmw5Vt.jpg

[sSD] 2X Samsung 840 Pro 512GB

6DJKzzet.jpg

[sSD] 2X Samsung 840 EVO 1TB

5isFQTyt.jpg

[PSU] SuperFlower Leadex Platinum 1200W Fully Modular 80+ Platinum Power Supply Black - link

[CASE] Corsair 900D - link

Check Omega's post with his custom white painted job. Not happening here and keeping it stock with the theme coming through choice of components and tubing. Have Corsair case fans which I may re-use.

QZXmrvOt.jpg

[COOLING] Will be detailed later but in summary mostly EK blocks and Bitspower fittings. EK 480 XT rads top+bottom single loop, EK 400 reservoir, Laing DC5 dual pumps, 7/16" green uv hose, Bitspower compression fittings, 1/4" fittings, coolant premixed, 16x 120mm NoiseBlocker PL-2 fans PP. Lamptron FC8 Fan Controller (Black Housing): Really hard to find this, had to import a couple and paid a reasonable £46 per controller. If ever I decide to add more rads I can do so without delay otherwise I will use the spare on Folding PC.

[OS] Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit (may as well) - link

Not that keen because I love Windows 7 so much but any new PC deserves a new OS, have to think about DX11.2 too (DX10 and Vista all over lol)

To re-use

[AUDIO] Asus ROG Xonar Phoebus - link

[sSD] 2x Samsung 840 Pro 512GB - link

[HDD] Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB - link

XfAIsHYt.jpg

[DISPLAY] BenQ XL2420T Revision 2.0 (24" TRUE 144Hz 3D Vision 2.0) - link

An upgrade from Dell U2410. The slow 6ms response wasn't ideal and 1ms from BenQ with 144Hz refresh has been very impressive. Out the box the colours are washed out but quick tweaking and its looking good but not as vibrant as Dell which sits beside it. Its all about the fast panel here.

[KEYBOARD] Corsair Vengeance K95 full mechanical keyboard - link

Love this keyboard but it is noisy to type with, worth putting up with for my first mechanical.

[MOUSE] Logitech G5 Laser

Does the job but DPI plays up and software is pants, have boxed Roccat mouse bought last year I need to dig out.

*** WILL UPDATE AS NEEDED ***

Progress Log - last updated 21st March 2014 - Last progress report >here

(9th Dec 2013) : Severe shortage of R4E BE worldwide (none at Amazon US/UK NCIX or anywhere else) but terrible in the UK as only 20 were sent out from day one. Retailers in the UK are far from happy, those who pre-ordered back in September are furious and leave me very little choice other than to wait very patiently and write to Asus or step down to the nearly as expensive R4E. Awaiting the SuperFlower PSU to come back in stock before ordering. This gives me some time to think about the build and apart from sorting out watercooling list in more detail, going to put this to one side til January.

Ordered motherboard and may get it before February 2014 but waiting list is long with 30 people before me and I paid more because Asus decided to increase the retail price, supply and demand, what can you do.

Received free retail copy of Need for Speed: Rivals Limited Edition (I know it's pants) and code for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn which I guess is an expansion and useless to me, never been into FF.

(17th Dec 2013) : Changed name of PC.

(21st Dec 2013) : Got the EVGA GTX 780 TI Classified ACX and 4x8GB Avexir Venom with low timings

(27th Dec 2013) : Got the SuperPower 1200W PSU at last !

(28th Dec 2013) : Importing Lamptron 8 Fan Controller (Black Housing)

(8th Jan 2014) : Got the Lamptron 8 Fan Controller, EK Supremacy Elite CSQ CPU Waterblock Intel 2011 Full Nickel, Be Quiet Shadow Wings SW1 140 x 140 x 25mm PWM BL027 Case Fan, XSPC EC6 Non Conductive Coolant 1 Litre 6 Pack Clear, 2X Alphacool VPP655/Laing D5 Vario 12V Pump Unit, EK Dual CSQ Loop TOP, 24 Pin ATX Power Supply Bridging Plug, 3X 4 Pin Molex Sleeved Extension Cable, Plastic Funnel, Heavy Duty Hose Cutters, and Arctic Cooling MX-4 Thermal Compund 20g.

(11th Jan 2014) : Got the Corsair 900D, EK-FC780 GTX Classified Acetal+Nickel, EK-RES X3 400 Reservoir, DEMCiflex Dust Filter Kit, 4X XSPC 480mm Radiator Gasket, 3X XSPC HighFlex Hose 2m GreenUV Green

busy flushing motherboard + CPU blocks and fitting them to R4BE

(22nd Jan 2014) : Got the Noiseblocker PL-2 fans for the rad and fan splitters today.

(5th Feb 2014) : Got a lot of fittings, adaptors, extensions delivered. Redid the R4BE fittings only loop for the CPU, VRMs/SB and posted preview of layout.

done fittings connecting the rads, res, and pump, need to fit the 780 Ti Classified block

(9th Mar 2014) : Ordered two Samsung 840 EVO 1TB SSDs, mainly to have my wish for a PC running on all SSDs, all games and everyday programs on EVOs, shame I can't run Rapid Mode via Magician on more than one SDD.

(21st Mar 2014) : Completed leak testing of loop, installed RAM modules, and placed EVO's in bays. Undecided whether to mount out of the way or leave but it's fine there for now. Have to image 840 Pro's later today.

(7th July 2015): Asus Swift 27" GSync with 3D Vision 2.0, ULMB, replacing my smaller but excellent BenQ 24" 1920x1080 for this display after finding it too small.

(15 July 2015): 2x MSI GTX 980 TI Gaming 6GB, ordered a couple after being tired of waiting for Classified/Matrix/Lightning to arrive and the blocks are even further out. By the time they arrive we'll have Pascal :P

Edited by SMiThaYe
Now own two 980 Ti's to game at 1440p :D

CURRENT BUILD AS OF JULY 2015

• Intel Core i7-4930K @4.5GHz 1.36v 24/7  w/ EK Monoblock [Dec 2013]
• Asus Rampage IV Extreme B.E. w/ EK Monoblock (BIOS: version 0602) [Dec 2013]
• Kingston HyperX 4x8GB DDR3 @2400MHz (10-12-12-32 2T 1.65V) [Aug 2014]
• SuperFlower Leadex 1200W, 92% Platinum (technically Titanium)
• Sammy 840 Pro x2 512GB RAID-0 (1.1GB/s reads/140,000 IOPS) [Apr 2013]
• Sammy 840 EVO 1TB + RAPID ON (5.2GB/s reads, 3.3GB/s writes) [Mar 2014]
• Sammy 840 EVO 1TB [Mar 2014]
• MSI GTX 980 TI Gaming 6GB 2-way SLI @1430/1920 MHz [Dec 2013]
• Asus ROG Swift PG278Q 27" (GSYNC, 3D Vision 2.0, ULMB) 1440p [Jul 2015] + Dell u2410 IPS 1200p [2010]
• Asus ROG Xonar Phoebus 7.1 Soundcard [May 2012]
• Sennheiser HD800 Full Headset [Aug 2012]
• Corsair K95 [Oct 2013]
• MS Windows 8.1 Update 1 Pro 64-bit [2014]

reserved for final photos!

IMNg2kRl.jpg
17th July 2015: Added two MSI GTX 980 TI Gaming GPU's and the loop now bypasses the GPU area until I source blocks in 2-3 months time.

Ekasinia is never finished, it evolves :D

Edited by SMiThaYe
added full build

I thought a name for you PC and please do not mind this name, its "Money burner" what do you think of that?

Hehe Finally your build log :P . I hope that you will update your build log more than i do , am a lazy bastar and i do not really have time at the moment , also as i said i need to find an aluminum panel which taking me ages to find .Anyway keep up the hard work !!

jon-stewart-popcorn.gif

How much does this motherboard cost? It would look great for black and white build :)

You're guaranteed photos with my log and updates of my thinking of what my options are, not the first time I've done a build log (last one was >3570K Folding PC here).

Will have to detail my build on this one with the expensive components and custom cooling helping achieve mainly a solid gaming PC. Why am I spending more? Because I want this to be my second perfect looking PC and move on to a very capable loop that will have to deal with a hexcore CPU and possibly two GPUs with rendering and part-time Folding in mind. To start with it will be CPU only loop depending on what spare cash I can put to one side. I can do that but takes a little more time than normal due to fun Christmas festivities. The amount of expensive parts a new build takes, as you already are well aware of Omega on your current build. Good job you are doing yours too because I feel rusty on this loop and never integrated a GPU, not afraid at all to ask for help (also checking OC.net but some of it is above me at times) and once I do something well once that's me set for future :)

What I love about the 900D is that the PSU is rotated on the side to allow 560 or 480 rad to fit and still leave space for cables and airflow, plus 900D already has vents for rad but due to tight space you have to use 120mm fans for push and 140mm for pull on initial reading but will come back to this later and will decide options for a fan controller and filters.

My ambition to have an all-out SSD gaming system isn't here yet and currently manage by installing the more demanding titles like BF4 and RPG genres on the SSD and everything else on HDD. An 1TB Samsung EVO is really just a midrange SSD but perfectly capable for gaming, not so great for file compression as the 840 Pro is superior but either is limited in size for installing a large number of demanding games and applications. I can revisit this once SSDs hit 1.6TB but Intel's plans are very expensive and aimed at corporate use but at least they are not targeted at the notebook market segment as usual.

Assassino, more sensible naming to fit in with the looks and scale of this build even though I know you're joking ;) Sure this is expensive to build as I'm putting a lot into this but nothing crazy that further pushes the build costs up like custom case builds or copper piping cooling. It will set the foundation for future builds in pushing my skills further each time whilst sharing knowledge with you guys.

Edit: Decided on name and no-one has called their PC this and it's mine now :D

Awesome build I've also been waiting for the same board. No one has it that I can find,well one seller on amazon but at 750.00 no way.

How much does this motherboard cost? It would look great for black and white build :)

Retails for £400. It has been found that the UK has been discriminated against when other countries have plenty of stock including Canada, US, Australia, etc. Confirmed by Andrew Moore on OCUK and others who wrote to Asus that they are using underhand tactics and being a dick. May not get this board at all and the alternative would the less than ideal red and black Extreme IV. In principle I should be boycotting them unless they realise the error of their ways. Looks doubtful after over 2 months of delays and low stock. The EVGA X79 Dark Intel X79 isn't great for overclocking and features and BIOS requires update, XMP profiles don't work, and historic problems with EVGA boards. Not much choice at the top of boards to push 4930K unlike Haswell 1150.

I dont really recommend EVGA MoBo , only their GPUs are good ! :P , but thumb up on choosing the Asus RIVE black edition , i would have go for this one too if i was building my rig this year.

For the PSU , i would go for Corsair if only you plan one using the Corsair link ,otherwise it doesn't make sense to buy it at this price :P . But on the hardware section you are more cunning than i do , so these are just my opinions :D. I will be checking your log as often as i can.

Regards

RADS:-
-2x ex-rad-200.jpg EK CoolStream 480 XT Series
-1x ex-rad-198.jpg EK CoolStream 240 XT Series
-1x ex-rad-373.jpg Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper Slim Profile

PUMPs:-
-2xEK-D5 Vario

-ex-pmp-226.jpg EK D5 Dual CSQ Pump Top

Reservoir:-
ex-res-432.jpg EK-MultiOption RES X3 250

Fans:-
17x fan-640.jpg Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-15

I think it is pretty much the " base " for you 900D, for fittings you will have to buy according to the design/look you want to give to your PC , as i'll use bend acrylic tube , i will not spent a lot money on fitting , which will cost you more than $ 200 .

Regards

Smith, I wish you good luck with your build, I don't give you my own opinion about the components, because I'm not in the market for hardware parts, except GPU, and I would need to read much about latest parts to compare each other, from CPU to SSD, checking for the best PSU, but don't forgetting the Mobo, picking the fastest RAM and then look for best looking Case featuring higher quality materials, etc

Anyway, I hope to see some photos when the job is finished and the new rig it's ready to use ;)

Quick post to say thanks for the help omega, its turning out to be more complicated than doing what is now a simple CPU loop on this PC  :blink:  I did edit my post in the middle of the night (got a bad cold but anyway...) in your GT post with my list and will post it below for your convenience.

May have to import fans from frozencpu and would take on average 20 days to ship over.

This is what I have on my little list so far (don't worry any buys will be on main build log and any help given will get credit): For rads I like the EK-CoolStream RAD XTX 480 and do you think two of these would fit in the ceiling and the bottom of the case? It comes already with 16 M3 30mm screws and can source another 32 black M3's to mount the fans on the other side too for push pull, being black it fit the all black theme well. Yip, zero imagination at work ;)

I like the Koolance 380 CPU block and may have difficulty finding this one - does ruin the EK only loop I intended to build - and res/pump combo might be the EK-D5 Vario X-RES 140 that includes Pump. As for GPU block, that'll have to wait until I know which custom GPU price is worthy of purchasing. Not picked out any barbs (would need two 45 degree for top rad to avoid kinks) or bitspower fittings yet, I will use 7/16 black tubing (PFLEXA-758-BK) for 1/2 barbs to ensure a tight fit.

1) Before I order is there any particular reason you choose the XT rather than the XTX? The XTX is slightly longer and thicker and for push pull with so many rads/fans I see my choice could have been ott.

2) I can figure out that the dual rad goes in the front of the case too and is that Alphacool there as an alternative?

3) I'm a  bit puzzled (not fully awake yet) of why you noted 17 fans, what I had in mind (if it fits in the 900D) is to have push pull on the quad rads, and the duals as push and grab another two to make it 20 to cover any issues with the fans. Damn, forgot to check out how I'm going to manage all those fans and do some more reading.

The block for holding the two D5's and reservoir I need to read more about to understand first how the hell it goes together lol and if I have this right they act as backup and help increase flow. As you seen from what I quoted above, I listed this pump but will go off what you posted and swallow the extra cost because it's becoming apparent this is needed.

Thanks Skr :) I'm well read about most of the latest components and when you come to upgrade us lot can give you help on what to consider. What I have noted over the years is that the parts you have been watching, even for a matter of days can suddenly increase a lot or like the fans here be discontinued. Plus the parts may be have been used or damaged, that happened to me back with my Folding PC. Inspect everything in detail on a desk before doing anything and any unreasonable damage take photos and send back. I mention this because it makes my build tricky, there are parts I won't have in time to be able to test the loop. Anyway I've got to go and will check back later this afternoon.

1) Before I order is there any particular reason you choose the XT rather than the XTX? The XTX is slightly longer and thicker and for push pull with so many rads/fans I see my choice could have been ott.

XT was cheaper and as you said the XTX is thicker and also longer , which i think will not fit in the case, havent measured it though

2) I can figure out that the dual rad goes in the front of the case too and is that Alphacool there as an alternative?

here is a quote from jameswalt1 about rads :

" I can accurately answer this. The rads I'm using are: 480 up top (47mm), bottom 480 (47mm), bottom 240 (47mm). However the front is max 30m, I ordered a 47mm for the front and had to replace it with an Alphacool st30. An exception for the front would be if you mounted the front fans inside the case, then you could fit the bigger rad. However I wanted to keep the front rad and fans in the front compartment. "

3) I'm a  bit puzzled (not fully awake yet) of why you noted 17 fans, what I had in mind (if it fits in the 900D) is to have push pull on the quad rads, and the duals as push and grab another two to make it 20 to cover any issues with the fans. Damn, forgot to check out how I'm going to manage all those fans and do some more reading.

top rad = 8 fans

front = 2

bottom quad = 4

bottom dual = 2

read exhaust = 1 ( 140 or 120 )

or am wrong  ? :x

The block for holding the two D5's and reservoir I need to read more about to understand first how the hell it goes together lol and if I have this right they act as backup and help increase flow. As you seen from what I quoted above, I listed this pump but will go off what you posted and swallow the extra cost because it's becoming apparent this is needed.

you can buy this ex-pmp-227.jpg EK D5 Dual X-Res Link Adapter  if you want to mount the reservoir tube directly to the pump top , i have bought it just in case , but will not use it in my build as i do not see where its needed . The dual top help in the flow as you stated , and also in case 1 pump fail the second one is still working which will not result in damaging your hardware due to the water not moving ,causing high temp.

Forgot to mention that i have bought a bay reservoir and it does not fit in the case , and had to buy another reservoir tube , so i have a bay laying around xd. Hope that i helped you a little :)

Regards

Thanks again Omega, that's clearer :) I checked his very impressive build log too to see how it will look, jump straight to these photos for the dual rad which goes behind quad rad eventually. And pump placement photos here.

The fans for the rads are correct but the rear exhaust is 140mm and have a SP140 in my possession to use. There may be mounting holes for 120mm but I'd use 140mm to reduce noise. Using high static rad fan for case cooling isn't what the blades are designed for and wouldn't be very efficient at shifting large volumes of air. Have you come across a build log that details controlling all these fans and managing these cables?

My intention is to mount the res directly on top. Just putting it out there but as you know the EK D5 Dual CSQ Pump Top is only compatible with 3 series tubes and with EK-D5 Dual X-RES Link CSQ. For ease of fitting I'm buying these newer EK CSQ blocks.

Would have ordered on Friday but came down with a heavy cold and need to order those parts from frozenpcu tomorrow but one of the dual rads has just gone out stock. May only end up ordering rads, res, tubing, fans, blocks for now and source the rest from the multiple H20 etailers we have across UK or Europe. I have to earn as I spend and space out this mad build - haven't decided which 780 Ti to go for and block (plus R4 BE chipset blocks) therefore it's a good job I'm taking my time on this. Remember I'm on a waiting list for my board to arrive which could be late January at best.

Nope didnt came across any build log so far about the cable management and fan control , but what i've bought to control those powerfull fan is this setup:

1x bus-271.jpg Aquacomputer Aquaero 5 LT USB Fan Controller
1 x bus-346.jpg Aquacomputer Aquaero 5 Series Waterblock
5 x ele-988a.jpg 3-Pin Power Distribution PCB 5xWay Block
5 x cab-842.jpg ModMyToys 3-Pin Female to 3-Pin Female Cable Adapter - 36"

You can buy a lamptron Fc-08 , which is as good as the aquaero 5 lt and will cost less i think . Why i bought the aquaero 5 is because , i have remove the harddrive bay as you can see in my photos. The problem is that i will have to clean up all those cables , which will be a nightmare , i do not even know where to hide all those cables T___T

Regards

Not sure if I will go down that route yet omega as I'm very keen to ensure the case, no matter where you look, is tidy. I've not done any splicing and would like to give it a shot than dealing with long cables. I don't want to see any of them.

Also looked into the PSU and I do know a company that can braid PSU cables to save time and will probably do that but not sure what colours to go for because so far everything is black. If you learn to solder it's possible to combine e.g. the 4 cables on one side of a rad immediately to the next and have a single fan header - likely unwise to go for the full 8 to avoid overloading the fan controller. Lets say they are soldered to each, we'd have 5 separate sleeved cables - 4/4 top quad rad =2, 4 bottom quad rad =1, 2 bottom dual rad =1, and front dual rad =1 unless you solder the dual fans together too - of soldered cables and probably require just a five channel 5.25" fan controller without the block. And don't overlook testing the fans first before cutting them and also allow some slack to space them out if you have to move them. They won't be like the typical long bunched cables you see but long enough to reach the next fan as one cable and that's it. Otherwise you are looking at this cabling which looks fine but still too messy. Not figured it all out exactly how to solder that many and hope it's possible to do what I have planned and not have to solder a bunch at the end of the rad.

Here's the first youtube video I came across showing how it's done. This would be the ideal solution to solving cable management and you'd need to sleeving [video] to tidy it up. Sure it's more effort and looks better, once you've got into modding there's turning back ;)

Thanks for the link , but this will be too much work :D. Indeed there is more cables than i have planned , i used longer cables than i needed , will try to clean everything after i have install the alupanel

Regards

You call this Clawhammer but use Intel CPU.

No respect for AMDs codenames (Clawhammer was the codename for the first x86-64 chip ever (made by AMD of course))

just through you should know :)

-Q

You call this Clawhammer but use Intel CPU.

No respect for AMDs codenames (Clawhammer was the codename for the first x86-64 chip ever (made by AMD of course))

just through you should know :)

-Q

Bloody typical! For a while I thought it was apt and made up. Even if it was an AMD CPU you'd come back and say it's not Athlon 64 from 2002 :P

I will go with EKASINIA cos I can't think of anything else ;)

I searched for "Ekasinia" on google and your topic appears as the first result ;)

I searched for "Ekasinia" on google and your topic appears as the first result ;)

wbxrf04.jpg

What does it mean BTW ? ;p kinda weird name to be honest

by the way

Spoils the intrigue revealing the meaning behind it :P

LOL skr13 xD . i mean what Ekasinia means :P .

:lol:

Bloody typical! For a while I thought it was apt and made up. Even if it was an AMD CPU you'd come back and say it's not Athlon 64 from 2002 :P

I will go with EKASINIA cos I can't think of anything else ;)

Clawhammer was actually was Athlon 64 AND Opteron CPUs.

EDIT1: It was the CPU that enabled 64-bit windows (and essentially 64-bit games).

Of course, the x64-86 also lead to windows being bloatware *grumble*

EDIT2: Also, it was the first consumer CPU to have an integrated memory controller which meant that FSB wasn't a bottleneck for the memory/clockspeed anymore.

EDIT3: It also was the first consumer CPU to have an integrated Northbridge.  And also was the first to have a point-to-point system for having multiple CPUs in one system.  Obviously multiple CPUs in one system worked before, but the point-to-point system reduced the bottleneck that the older technologies had (and is still used today)

-Q

Going to stick with Ekasinia :)

How time flies. I owned a Athlon 64 3400+ way back (it's somewhere in my loft) and yes it enabled 64-bit games including FarCry back in 2005 or 2006 with a patch. I still have them and weighed in at 485MB / 421MB: one is called "Far Cry AMD 64 US-UK Patch v1.31" and the other "Far Cry AMD 64 Exclusive Content Update Patch" that gave a secret area. I had noted they only worked for XP Pro & XP 64 bit.

Maybe it was probably the boards back then but I could never overclock 3400+ by more than 100MHz with 1.5vcore. It featured an on die memory controller and was a great upgrade from the AMD 1.3GHz I owned previously. For a while I was an AMD / ATI gamer and both were great back in the day. That's the last AMD CPUs I owned from memory, the last ATI product is the expensive and loud 5970 BE (dual-GPU) bought in 2010 and still have it. You have to know where you came from to know where you are going.

Edit: nearly forgot but important, I can't get any Gentle Typhoons and have to await the replacements to appear from Japan maybe next month. Will be ordering what I can for now and keep you all posted.

Yes it's true, I bought the EVGA GeForce GTX 780Ti Dual Classified ACX (03G-P4-2888-KR) for Ekasinia build and it was delivered today, the 21st December 2013. I could have bought the blocked version but then I couldn't test it in my current setup and that would also take away the fun of custom building everything H20 wise. The fun from watercooling comes from building it all yourself.

Currently I have GTX 780 Ti Classy ACX installed alongside the 660 Ti (two Tis is cool but unfortunately not two 780 Ti's!). It's the MSI GTX 660 Ti Power Edition and will power my Dell U24140 and is dedicated for PhysX. With both installed they are silent idle with decent overclocks. Not had a chance yet to push the Classified as I need to ensure it's working okay and gradually push up. On a 850W power supply (capable of around 920W) it should cope with the demands but until the SuperFlower 1200W arrives I can't push it the to limit. Yes I have it on the second BIOS, hope mine doesn't have the reported issues when overclocking it.

quickly took these, click for larger image ....

1nmfHte.jpg

vvIyNSB.jpg

Clearly the photos we have seen of the ACX cooler haven't done it justice, it feels reasonably heavy and well designed holding.

W5Cn4tQ.jpg

Back of PCB, sorry for the blurry photo but light was fading

zxdx7dF.jpg

Another shot of the front showing the matte black finish ACX cooler until I take it off for the block next month. I could add the 100-BP-2888-B9 backplate but we'll wait and see.

RE0IGYI.jpg

Less blurry image ;) EVGA make their GPUs in China but it's packaged for Europe in Germany

embpzhE.jpg

Possibilities for connecting up to 4 displays: DisplayPort, HDMI, DVI-I, DVI-D - and the rest of the photos I took

WrSq616.jpg

zMYsAEU.jpg

Nhcxti5.jpg

Great looking card. Now where's the second one? :)

Also where are BF4 benches? B)