abvolt

Unigine Valley
Post Unigine Valley 1.0 Benchmark Scores Here

37 posts in this topic

Rules very simple;

Run Heaven Valley 1.0 At Extreme HD Preset Only.

Please use this format ---> (your name) --- (GPU) --- (your score)

You must upload screen shot of actual score. 

Here's mine..   abvolt --- GTX 690 --- 3929

abvolt_4.jpg
Edited by SMiThaYe
corrected title of thread, Heaven is the other Unigine benchmark ;)

Unigine Valley 1.0 Benchmark Scores

Use of integrated GPU is NOT allowed alongside your GPU (inflates the score), asterisk denotes where this was the case.

Current leader: abvolt with a score of 4568.

GTX 970
 2395Skr

GTX 780 TI-SLI
 4568 (GTX 780TI KPE)abvolt

GTX 780 TI
 3434 (GTX 780TI Classy)SMiThaYe
 3244*WhyCry

GTX 770
 2057 (GTX 770 Ref.)Enterprise001

GTX 760
 1671DeiTy93

GTX 690
 3929abvolt

GTX 680-SLI
 3621SMiThaYe

GTX 670-SLI
 3595*WhyCry

Maintained by SMiThaYe

Edited by SMiThaYe
added Skr's score

I moved your topic to proper section.

WhyCry --- 670 SLI --- 3595

I thought my cards would perform better :( BTW I never used Valley before.

UMNjPxN.png

downloading now on laptop due to not being home...

I expect by T9300 + NVS 140m to do very low score XD

I like to use both Heaven 4.0 & valley on extreme hd also 3d mark fire strike extreme. Since I've been using 331.82 my scores are much better over all. When I was using 331.65 my card when oc'ed was running too hot at the same clock & memory offsets, No joke with 331.82 it's 4-5C. cooler.

Quick blast with moderate OCs but expect this to improve with time and new system soon-ish. Stock 780 TI started at just over 3000 and today I added another 40 points. Really need to block this asap. Could do with single GPU scores too cos the hell is a 780 TI staying bottom of a table :P

SMiThaYe --- 780 TI --- 3268

sbZUtZbl.png

Well, this worked well.

0JtzSjN.jpg

EDIT: I was getting 3-4FPS for the first ~5 seconds.  Than the above happened. C2D (2.5Ghz, dual core), NVS 140M, 3GB RAM (DDR2, 667MHz)

Unigine is great for testing your graphics overclocking stability and I'd dial back your APU overclocks until it's not crashing.

This benchmark is intended for use on dedicated graphics solutions (more so at Extreme HD preset and I hope you knew how demanding this would be), if your FPS is that low I would leave it and stick to 3DMark Ice Storm, and general CPU benchmarks. I doubt even this result has convinced you to get a new system ;)

um, i did it on my laptop... which has a dGPU... Which is underclocked and undervolted because otherwise it overheats x.x

EDIT: That being said, i don't think that the dGPU has nearly enough RAM, or power, et cetera to run the benchmark.   I think having 3-4FPS for the whole ~5 seconds it was working shows that.

-Q

Assuming your are not on holiday... come on abvolt, maintain your own thread - added my score to help out ;)

Also corrected the title of your thread as you called it Heaven Valley rather than just Valley, Heaven is a series of other benchmarks also by Unigine :)

Doing some digging of my previous GTX 680-SLI scores and come across this one to add here but not sure if its actually my bests score ....

SMiThaYe --- GTX 680-SLI --- 3621

Tx8Zf1hm.png

I've been using precision x to oc my card seems to work very well. I use these settings power target 120% gpu offset 155 memory offset 650, What do some of you guys use.

Your 690 does clock well on the GPU and they are know for the memory being able to hit 7200MHz easily. There are trade offs with benchmarks of ensuring a good stable GPU clock then focus on pushing the memory, biggest boost comes from pushing the GPU.

I use PX and use a modded BIOS. Now using offset :145% PT, +180 GPU (1254MHz), +400% memory (1973MHz). Could push it another 100MHz on the GPU but temperature becomes an issue until I block it soon, plus used in combination with a good PSU with enough juice on the 12V and power+temps are taken care of. I didn't want to use my 12K BTU AC because then I'd be cheating, I allowed the temps to settle down after 5 minutes.

Overclocking depends on the memory modules, 780 TI I know are SK Hynix and are rated as the second best in the world behind Samsung and maybe KPE will use these. ASIC qualtiy, EVGA Classified used 60-70% for higher clocks, side effect is that it requires higher voltages. In short pick a GPU with overclocking in mind with enough phases to protect the GPU+memory, dual 8-pin PCIe when increasing PT+voltages, and PSU that can take those high loads so that the PSU doesn't reset if you activate the protection on going over.

I bet those 780 ti's you.ve got are really nice. My 690  is only air cooled also I think I could push more but the thought of killing the card of course stops that. I'm building a new rig with the R4BE & 4930K and my first custom loop, already own everything but the vga, waiting for 8xx series cards really would like a 890 if they will ever make one. 

Now about your modded bios for your cards I've read a lot of people doing that, if I can ask how do you get a new bios like that, Not sure I would have the nerve to do that the fear of a expensive mistake.

lol abvolt, that PC you're building with R4BE and 4930K is the same as what I'm using in my build log (btw I only have one 780 TI but will add another by May when it's a bit cheaper) >> '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

Would like to see your efforts with your own build log too or a link elsewhere if you have it already.

What was it like for you in getting the R4BE, much of a wait? It was hell in Europe, 700 of the 1000 produced were shipped over to US and even those for Europe weren't distributed correctly with other stores receiving them instead and not giving them back. Could go on about shocking treatment from Asus, including staff members having digs at us but we give just as good back, while US had plentiful stock. They made enough people decide not buy Asus again, even for those who eventually received theirs.

Got the BIOS from skyn3t over at OCN. You can get the BIOS here (only use on EVGA Classified GPUs and dual BIOS is great insurance), I'd advise you read my VC entry from page-2#entry2739'>post 37.

I had no idea it was that hard to get the that board in Europe, I ordered mine from newegg took less than a week to get. The look a feel of this board is just amazing. I've owned 16 boards over the past 15 years and 12 were asus boards, they make a very nice mobo. I don't as yet have a build log but I will post one soon. I will be testing this board soon the fear I have some are reporting random reboots.

Most of the guys with this problem all run G Skill 2400 64 gb I will be using 2133 16 gb. Waiting for any news on the next gen vga's.

Its because of the immature BIOS and happens not just because of the type of RAM, speeds or amounts but when you apply moderate overclocks - not on when you consider this a LN2 board with extreme overclocking in mind. For using 64GB of RAM that would reduce the speed down to 1866MHz, 2133MHz is pushing the IMC too much, that directly affects the CPU speed and would do well for a 4930K to reach 4.5GHz, and not forgetting upping the boards volts. I'll need to research this because it has far more options than my P67.

Compared to the excellent RIVE with its solid BIOS its easy to be critical but with so many experience issues including not being able to access BIOS with constant reboots they are entitled to give Asus stick. Normally if so many people are having issue we should expect it too. Reminds me too much about the recent immature BIOS on my EVGA 780 TI Classified, it's fine once you update it because most Classified owners are expected to do this. For the rest, ie gamers, stick to the SC or the next best imo is KFA2 brand for Europe otherwise known as Galaxy elsewhere and check out the HOF. Oddly this time my usual stores aren't stocking KFA2.

Reason I went Asus again too is because my current P8P67 Deluxe has been excellent with several BIOS releases over the years and a couple of them did improve stability, not that I had problems. Keep me posted if EVGA sort out the R4BE and when you get your build underway :)

New card, new benchmark

WhyCry --- 780 TI --- 3244

8oaoJam.png6rAlG60.jpg

Thanks for the new score :)

But you need to run it again, minimum is far too low, should be in the 30's at least and ideally 40. Let Valley run for 10 seconds then press F9 to benchmark. If it's low again (shouldn't be) run again and let me know how you get on so I can throw you suggestions.

love the ti's thats for sure & thanks for that info smithaye now I know who to ask for help on my new build. I do hope things get sorted out with the R4BE.

Thanks for the new score :)

But you need to run it again, minimum is far too low, should be in the 30's at least and ideally 40. Let Valley run for 10 seconds then press F9 to benchmark. If it's low again (shouldn't be) run again and let me know how you get on so I can throw you suggestions.

I updated my score. This time I used afterburner for overvoltage. It seems that Gigabyte's OC GURU overvoltage doesn't work and causes glitches.

My card has Hynix memory but doesn't clock high.. Maximum at 7300-7400 Mhz, still figuring this out.

So far nothing seems to compete with abvolt's 690 :)

Ah, seems like all 780 TI use SK Hynix which is good. EVGA could have used Samsung on the Classified, if KPE wasn't around corner then maybe they would because it doesn't cost much extra. Hynix is known to require more voltages and GPU clocks are lower than compared with Samsung, I'd say Vince used Samsung for his KPE LN2 overclock to reach 1900MHz, simply not possible with our modules.

Anyway 7400MHz is reasonable, see if the additional VRM+phases can handle 7600MHz - I'd say not unless you overvolt the memory as well as GPU and PCIe. Whether you use that for gaming and put up with additional heat+noise is another matter but a good battle between our GPUs :) Good you tried GB own overclocking utility as a starting point, hard to beat Afterburner or PrecisionX with it's amazing support. Your PC is nicely balanced and congrats for coming so near to a Classified (must not buy another :P), what clocks you using for gaming?

Now change your sig ;)

I noticed that my card gets really hot with my overclocking. It will get through Valley without any problem, but after playing DayZ for an hour my game froze. I should probably flash unlocked BIOS for extra voltage, but frankly I'm fine with additional 70 MHz. As for memory I found that 7300 MHz is the most stable and shows no artifacts. This is where I end my overclocking and enjoy a new card.

The gtx 690 is an awesome card when ever I bench my card I first OC my ram than the CPU and lastly the VGA and in the same order for the VGA. One of the moderators at rog.asus.com has helped me learn how to OC in a better way, he does a lot of benching with 8 pack 2 UK guys he goes by HiVizMan. My card also runs hot its air cooled when benching seems to be around 85-88C. 

SMiThaYe --- 780 TI --- 3434

Here's my first result from a quick play on Ekasinia and this isn't pushing it to a point at all that I see it having any issues. Feel free to comment on this benchmark result but I prefer discussion on newbuild performance in detail beyond this going in my >Ekasinia thread.

Windows 8.1 Pro 64b with Classic Shell

4930K @ 4.7GHz 32C-peak

2133MHz @ 2400MHz

780 TI @ 1306/1873MHz 38C-peak

npwPhJIl.png

nice "videocardz.com The way it's meant to be leaked" :D

nice "videocardz.com The way it's meant to be leaked" :D

Thanks testbug, I made that last year :) I did post it in the shoutbox and you can have a copy if you want, link.

This bench is with my 2 780 ti kpe cards the only oc so far was the cpu clock ratio at 46. Stock bios on the ti's, I've been using 337.50 beta drivers all seem great so far. Just getting a feel for these new cards I'll of course be overclocking them. I'm very impressed with how well they score on 3d mark, I'll post a few shots so you guys can take a look see what you think.

Hi DraganS, could you please re-run the benchmark with preset Extreme HD, 1920x1080, x8 AA :)

If that's a limitation of your display try Nvidia's downsampling, this guide will quickly get you there.