WhyCry

VideoCardz.com Forums Are Live

6 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I'm pleased to announce that the forums are finally live.

First of all I would like to thank all of you, especially ZoSo, for support and help in development of this website. ZoSo kindly offered his free time to moderate this forums, so give him a warm welcome. He won't punish you, unless you claim to play Battlefield 3 with GeForce GT 610. There are no strict rules here, so you are free to write whatever you want -- just keep your language clean, don't post any illegal content and stick to the topic.

If you have some ideas or issues with the forums you can always send me a PM. I will look into the problem. You can also use this forum section by starting a new topic.

Now I will give you a short walk-through about the features of this forums.

• When you were registering your account there was an option to write your graphics card name. You can write there a full model name (or models if you are on dual-cards). This will be displayed on the topic view (as seen on the left on my post) and on your profile.
  • The member titles (above the avatar) are quite unique here. We chose to use the GPU fabrication process as the indicator of how many posts you made. You will start with ATI Wonder's 1000nm process. You can see the full list below.

1000 nm - 0 Posts
    800 nm – 20 Posts
    500 nm – 30 Posts
    350 nm – 40 Posts
    250 nm – 60 Posts
    180 nm – 80 Posts
    150 nm – 100 Posts
    140 nm – 200 Posts
    130 nm – 300 Posts
    110 nm – 400 Posts
    90 nm – 500 Posts
    80 nm – 600 Posts
    65 nm – 700 Posts
    55 nm – 800 Posts
    40 nm – 900 Posts
    32 nm – 1000 Posts
    28 nm – 2000 Posts
    custom member title - 2500 Posts

• Further it's worth to mention that you can actually choose the background of the forums. You can do so by clicking the paintbrush on the top right corner. I might add new backgrounds in future.
  • You might have noticed that there is a shoutbox on the main site. You can use it as a chat or to provide some very interesting links.
  • As for the links, there's a separate section for news and rumors. It's not only for GPU related news, but I think it would be better if we stuck to those.

One more thing. I could made a bridge between the forums and main videocardz.com website, so that your comments would appear simultaneously on both places. However since I'm using Disquz for the site, there is no way of integrating those two scripts. I like Disquz because of its simplicity of joining the conversation, so I'm not even considering to change that. For now you can comment there or here on the forums, where the posts will be linked automatically in proper section.

WOOT WOOT :wub:

Welcome All!

About time :DDDDDDDDDDDD

VCF Fighting~! :)