SMiThaYe

Submit Your Videos Here for GeForce Experience: ShadowPlay

2 posts in this topic

pGS1SZP.jpg

Submit Your Videos Here for GeForce Experience: ShadowPlay

Official website

If anyone else is giving ShadowPlay a good workout, kidding one recording is fine, please let us know what you think and post your video. Interesting to know how it compares across across the series. Don't worry if your skills are bad or had an off day, will make it more interesting to watch I know but I'm more interested in the output of the video. You can only use this is you have a GTX 650 or higher. Twitch streaming is to be support soon too.

Quick tip is to make the output folder on a separate SDD/HDD than your game or OS, if it's a slower storage device you'll have to see how smooth it is, any stuttering output change to another or reduce Quality options.  Generally H264 (awww no H265 yet) isn't very CPU intensive and should manage very well, what I don't know yet is the impact on the GPU because it uses it to offline impact to GPU. A bit more from PCPer is available to read here.

What I find odd is that the notes states: "Shadow Mode records up to the last 20 minutes of your game play".  Why this is odd is because it only offers me 10 minutes (regardless of quality settings) as you can see in the screenshot below. The dedicated HDD for capture is a 2TB WD Caviar Black with 1TB free. Unless this is related to manual records because Nvidia state that ShadowMode in the background records the last 20 minutes and if you think that is worth saving, pressing ALT + F10 saves the temporary file to H264 for you to either play, upload or edit with the MP4 container. More reading, quote below would probably explain why I am seeing 10 minutes through using Windows 7 than if you used Windows 8:

ShadowPlay’s hardware solution has an approximate 5-10% performance impact when using the max-quality 50 mbps recording mode, and by saving to automatically-encoded and compressed H.264 .mp4 files, ShadowPlay avoids the disk-thrashing, humongous, multi-gigabyte files associated with other gameplay recording applications.

Windows 7 files cap out at 4GB per file due to OS limitations, but on Windows 8 and Windows 8.1, file size is only limited by available hard disk space, enabling hours of footage to be recorded to a single file.

h0TqtBXm.png

source

I will post some of mine when I get more content to share. I have 1minute shadowplay, so if there's something interesting I'm saving it for later compilation.