Geforce 331.65
Nvidia GeForce 331.65 WHQL V2

8 posts in this topic

jh0Ww.png

Version: 331.65 WHQL V2

Release Date: 2013.11.7

Operating System: Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1

Language: English (US)

Release notes: http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/331.65/331.65-win8-win7-winvista-desktop-release-notes.pdf

mDD0k.jpg

Release Summary

This 331.65 Game Ready WHQL driver ensures you’ll have the best possible gaming experience in Battlefield 4 and Call of Duty: Ghosts. These Game Ready drivers will also provide performance enhancements in a wide variety of different games.

In addition, the new 331.65 Game Ready driver is bundled with GeForce Experience v1.7 which includes support for two highly-anticipated new technologies. NVIDIA GameStream™ provides end users with the ability to stream PC games from their GeForce GTX-equipped PC directly to a SHIELD device. This update also introduces the Beta version of GeForce ShadowPlay™, an innovated new game capture tool with exceptional features and performance.

New in GeForce R331 Drivers

• New GPU Support

» GeForce GTX 780Ti now supported

• Performance Boost – Increases performance by up to 19% for GeForce 400/500/600/700 series GPUs in several PC games vs. GeForce 327.23 WHQL-certified drivers. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration. Here is one example of measured gains:

GeForce GTX 690/770/780/TITAN:

• Up to 12% in Battlefield 4
  • Up to 19% in Sniper Elite V2
  • Up to 13% in Dirt: Showdown
  • Up to 9% in Metro: Last Light
  • Up to 9% in Sleeping Dogs
  • Up to 8% in Max Payne 3
  • Up to 6% in F1 2012

• SLI Technology
    • Batman: Arkham Origins – updated profile
    • Battlefield 4 – updated profile
    • Shadow Warrior – added DX9 profile
    • War of the Vikings – added DX11 profile
    • Dragon Sword - updated DX9 profile
    • GRID 2 - updated DX11 profile
    • Euro Truck Simulator 2 - updated profile
  • 3D Vision
    • Shadow Warrior – “Excellent”
    • Call of Duty: Ghosts – “Fair”
    • The Wolf Among Us – “Good”
  • Gaming Technology
  • SHIELD
  • 4K Displays
    • Adds support for 4K Surround

Additional Details

• Installs new PhysX System Software 9.13.0725.
  • Installs HD Audio v1.3.26.4
  • Installs GeForce Experience v9.3.16.0
  • Includes support for applications built using CUDA 5.5 or earlier version of the CUDA Toolkit. More information at http://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-toolkit
  • Supports OpenGL 4.3 for GeForce 400-series and later GPUs.
  • Supports DisplayPort 1.2 for GeForce GTX 600 series GPUs.
  • Supports multiple languages and APIs for GPU computing: CUDA C, CUDA C++, CUDA Fortran, OpenCL, DirectCompute, and Microsoft C++ AMP.
  • Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel and AMD motherboards.

sWOxmOU.png?1

Supported Products:

(click on image to enlarge)

Desktop

desktop.png
Notebook
notebook.png

Edited by SMiThaYe
V2 driver (780 Ti support added)

Holly smokes, another Nvidia driver, thanks Skr :)

Just a little request, could you write a brief description of the significance of this update over the previous driver in future?

Obviously the biggest aspect of this release is the inclusion of ShadowPlay (>mentioned it here but feel free to add your own summary and anyone else thats tried it) plus adding support of HBAO+ to existing titles.

I will add that the previous 331.58 WHQL has a rather blank looking profile for Rome: Total War 2. From a completely clean driver install, which I go OCD over, there was no SLI bits or support apparent from gametesting. If anyone has Total War 2 and 331.58 WHQLs, check it out with Inspector. Got it working in SLI with usage at up to 99% each but FPS was the same as if I used one GPU as before. Latest R:TW2 patches have really improved FPS.

You're welcome Smith ;)

I don't know what you mean  by "could you write a brief description of the significance of this update".

The driver notes and releases notes pdf have all the important info about the changes.

About ShadowPlay, it's a utility that for me is irrelevant, since I won't use it, but I understand that for some people it's useful.

btw, I don't update my drivers for something like 3 months ago , don't need to do it with my current GPU.

Appreciate the notes are provided and not that important at all: I was suggesting a couple of sentences summarising the more important aspects of the update (latest game support or technology) included with your own opinions/description would make digesting them a little easier for others. Something to consider but no big deal ;)

As I always install just about every Nvidia driver, I can get back to point out any good aspects or issues - what I'd say about the previous 331.58 WHQLs is that they are the best performing drivers since 320.80 which others have reverted back to many times over - I know many will bemoan the lack of OpenGL 4.4 again but these are a separate branch of non-gaming drivers. Off the bat the only issue is the slow downloads of Nvidia's US servers at 130KB/s which would take 25 minutes at that rate so give it another try later. And the new HBAO+ is only truly noticeable when you play with maximum details but the trouble for many could be the fact that Shadows (softer shadows in the case of HBAO+) have a harsh impact on performance and may not be worth the trade-off for immersion over decent framerates. It's great to see this 3 year old game being actively supported like this. Time Nvidia update their official HBAO+ list of one game because to find support you have google every title, Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag being the another title with support with perhaps Arma 3 and Witcher 3 receiving driver updates. TechSpot noted that at 1680x1050 HBAO+ cost 10fps in Batman: Arkham Origins.

Btw, this may be obvious to some but make sure you disable antivirus/malware protection when uninstalling or installing drivers (clean leftover drivers and do clean install) because I didn't do this on the last drivers (usually I do) and lost 17% performance. May not be the reason in every case but because I always benchmark after every driver update, I found the difference was quite noticeable and the only step I forgot. If you experience a big drop-off in performance it's usually worth giving this a try than blaming the drivers. I never install straight over and nobody, should moreso with betas that require a complete cleanout.

Quick post to say this driver supports OpenGL 4.4, you'll find it in the PDF you posted even thought the notes on the official website says 4.3 and I was going off that. Best to check yourself ;)

GPU Caps Viewer proof.

screenshot 1

screenshot 2

That's why I include the PDF on the post, because sometimes Nvidia is lazy at the website release notes and forget some details.

But since you found that OpenGL 4.4 makes is provided on the new drivers, the future ones also should include that 4.4 version, even that Nvidia puts 4.3 in the notes.

V2 driver (780 Ti support added)

The press release 331.70 was essentially this driver that adds support for 780 Ti, its a simple enough inf update but gladly welcomed nonetheless :)

Btw I totally missed this release due to it having the same driver version, was out on the 7th.