Geforce 327.23
Nvidia GeForce 327.23 WHQL

5 posts in this topic

jh0Ww.png

Version: 327.23 WHQL

Release Date: 2013.09.19

Operating System: Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1

Language: English (US)

Release notes: http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/327.23/327.23-win8-win7-winvista-desktop-release-notes.pdf

mDD0k.jpg

Release Summary

This Game Ready WHQL driver ensures you’ll have the best possible gaming experience and is also a recommended driver update for the Windows 8.1 Preview. GeForce R327 drivers also provide performance increases for a variety of different games.

New in GeForce R327 Drivers

• Performance Boost – Increases performance by up to 19% for GeForce 400/500/600/700 series GPUs in several PC games vs. GeForce 320.49 WHQL-certified drivers. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration. Here is one example of measured gains:
  • GeForce GTX 770:
    • Up to 15% in Dirt: Showdown
    • Up to 6% in Tomb Raider
  • GeForce GTX 770 SLI:
    • Up to 19% in Dirt: Showdown
    • Up to 11% in F1 2012
  • SLI Technology
    • Added SLI profile for Spinter Cell: Blacklist
    • Added SLI profile for Batman: Arkham Origins
  • SHIELD
  • 4K Displays
    • Adds support for additional tiled 4K displays
    • Adds support for 4K FCAT testing
    • Extended support for tiled 4K features
Additional Details
  • Installs new PhysX System Software 9.13.0725.
  • Installs HD Audio v1.3.26.4
  • Includes support for applications built using CUDA 5.5 or earlier version of the CUDA Toolkit. More information at http://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-toolkit
  • Supports OpenGL 4.3 for GeForce 400-series and later GPUs.
  • Supports DisplayPort 1.2 for GeForce GTX 600 series GPUs.
  • Supports multiple languages and APIs for GPU computing: CUDA C, CUDA C++, CUDA Fortran, OpenCL, DirectCompute, and Microsoft C++ AMP.
  • Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel and AMD motherboards.

sWOxmOU.png?1
Supported Products:

(click on image to enlarge)

Desktop

desktop.png
Notebook
notebook.png

This is a very safe WHQL release. Disappointed there weren't the big improvements we were told to expect from the delayed release, Nvidia seem to be too busy with their new branch of drivers than work with PC gamers but thumbs up for fixing various game stability issues and improved frametimes. I'd await the soon to be announced beta than install these. If your running competitive benchmarks you have to install the latest WHQLs but the time til the next set is going to be some wait again.

Read the Nvidia forums amongst many others for feedback on these and nothing to note at all for performance improvements, just minor fixes. Some are experiencing performance issues with GPU utilisation being lower and lower framerate than normal unless they force maximum power which then creates an issue with heat, +10% higher than normal. As for BF3 there are small improvements for those that had experienced flickering and mine remain with the last 326.80 WHQLs.

Nvidia rep ManuelG says they will support PCIe 3.0 ONLY on the latest Ivybridge-E (4820K, 4930K, 4960X) for those with GK110 GTX 780 or GTX Titan in the next beta before the month is over. No more hacks for those living on the edge of tech but still I think its a placebo fix and recall an old test that show it really only matter with 3-4 GPUs.

Regarding that game Rome II, he said they won't release an SLI profile until the big patch arrives. So far most the Rome II patches are hotfixes and haven't fixed much that would appease most fans and as importantly Nvidia to have something worth improving. As I've previously mentioned in the shoutbox, I'd got SLI to work in Rome II utilising both GPUs fully to see for myself but there are serious textures tiling/popping issues that Nvidia would find impossible to do much with in it's present state and don't blame them for not touching it now - the balls in CA court.

Wait what? PCIE 3.0 only for selected platforms? You meant SLI configurations of 780s and TITANs or every single GPU?

What what? PCIE 3.0 only for selected platforms? You meant SLI configurations of 780s and TITANs or every single GPU?

Only PCIe 3 for IB-E and purely down to Nvidia - you can trace this back to GTX680 and SB-E where Nvidia rep ManuelG clarified their position in a post. That fix in particular only applies to GTX780 or GTX Titan, whether in SLI or not.

Sorry now I got it. Only for those with 780 and TITAN. Your sentence was long enough for me to stop reading it in the half haha