omega

NEW Project ( ironBox ) - Build Log

70 posts in this topic

Awesome the 900d is what i'm using that case is huge I currently have 3 rads but had 5 rads in it, a very cool case for the enthusiast..enjoy

8 hours ago, WhyCry said:

You really did make an upgrade

Case : Corsair Obsidian 900D
CPU : i7-6850K clocked @ 4.5hz 1.31v 24/7 
RAM : G.Skill 8 x 8Gb 3200hz MB :
Asus Rampage v Edition 10 
GPU : 2 x EVGA Gtx 1080 FTW ( stock ) 
SSD : 2 x Samsung 250 pro 256Gb
HDD : 2 x HGST Travelstar 7K1000 1TB 
PSU : Seasonic Platinum 1000w
Monitor : Samsung S27A950D 
Keyboard : Corsair K 95 RGB Mechanical
 Mouse : Corsair M65 Vengeance

best rig from all of us right now. I'm only surprised you didn't buy any M.2 SSD. It's few times faster than Sata drive.

I really did want , but the one i willing to buy was on backorder , so i didnt feel like waiting as i already had 2 ssd at home. But when i finish my next cruise ,i will add one and also put those GPU under water ... too damn hot atm

2 hours ago, abvolt said:

Awesome the 900d is what i'm using that case is huge I currently have 3 rads but had 5 rads in it, a very cool case for the enthusiast..enjoy

5 Rad ? really , one was at the rear ?

Damn, nice setup to cover you for the next 4 years!

Loving the dual loop, something I'd have to do if going for mGPUs (which I'm not).

Where is the fillport, and is your left res now straight? Btw, I don't have the case beside me, heat coming out would be enough to make you sweat.

11 hours ago, SMiThaYe said:

Damn, nice setup to cover you for the next 4 years!

Loving the dual loop, something I'd have to do if going for mGPUs (which I'm not).

Where is the fillport, and is your left res now straight? Btw, I don't have the case beside me, heat coming out would be enough to make you sweat.

The way i setup is just temporary, so that i can play and watch my fav movies before i go for duties again. But when i come back, i will throw the rigid tubes to the bin, i do not trust them that much TBH, it was not that fun to bend in the first place.

You have a good point, i will move the case behind the monitor. BTW smith, my fan controller is just fantastic, when i do basic stuff like browsing / movies etc.. the fans goes down to 30% or so and its quiet , when playing it goes up to 40 -50%.

The fillport is/was on top of the res, when i finished filling the res, i just put back the stop.

So far am happy as long as i can play what i want without issues :D

Out of curiosity, what CPU temperatures are we talking about here? My 6800K won't go above 4.3 GHz with 1.35V.. Staying at 4.2 for stability. I have very low RPM for AIO cooler, temperature is 40C idle and 55C under load. 

AM not home right now, but i believe that Idle am hitting 35 and when using stress test am hitting 65 more or less. I will check once home

BTW what software do you guys use for bench/test ?.

So far i used :

Cinebench r15
Geekbench 4
Pi
3dmark firestrike
Intel extreme tune
Adia 64 only stability test overnight
Prime

I use stock settings on the gpus due to the heat, so i do little stress test from them

Yes Front + top + left & right and the back of the case, I using the other 2 rads in other builds. My new build 7700K will be a custom H2O build as well, I will post pics when I have all the gear..enjoy

Hi ,

i upload a screenshot of the realbench , everytime you try you get different results ?

Regards

RealBench-20170327053721.png

It's not a benchmark, it's stability tester ;)