omega

Overclocking the i7-3770k

10 posts in this topic

Hi .

so am posting my configuration. i am using :

mobo : sabertooth z77

Ram : Gskill Trident-x 2400 mhz 16gb ( 8x 2 )

Cpu : i7-3770k

So this is my current OC 4.2 at 1.0volt

My setting :

1 :

2 :

3:

4:

5:

6:

7:

Want i want to achieve is higher OC with minimum volt if possible lower than 1.3v.

Regards,

Omegaa

Just to acknowledge this post and quickly reading through your post since you did your due diligence :) you can't expect to clock any higher as your CPU is already at the limit of 75c (you really need better cooling or de-lidding which I mentioned but that voids warranty and you could damage it for good), vcore at a very impressive 1.0/PLL at 1.5v which gives no more room for tweaking. Your CPU current is at 130% and I'd try stability and compare temperatures with 100%. Run Prime95 again but for 3 hours to verify stability, 20 minutes is nothing. Any stability issues drop the additional CPU power states: C1E, C3, C6, C State.

what cooler can i get ? i own an H100 already with 4 x fan . I am buying a new case ( HAF-X ), i think the old one was the problem ( CM 690II plus ) and i will probably delid my CPU

The H100 is a good dual-rad that does a good job dissipating heat but the provided fans aren't up to much, the SP static pressure fans from Corsair far much better. There are cheaper alternatives from Noctua and Be Quiet) you have to make a choice from the specs for how much noise you can tolerate. Compare the airflow CFM, speed (RPM), and sound (dBA) to make quick comparisons to your existing fans in deciding whether to order replacement fans. Beyond that your looking at expensive custom watercooling and I'm not up to date on that - it's been 2 years since I build my CPU-only loop.

The H100 quickly removes the heat from the heatsink and through the fins of the rad then back around again; if the fans don't effectively cool the water in the self-contained unit then you'll see a gradual increase in CPU temps until eventually it peaks - you have push/pull config on the H100 otherwise you'd easily see temps peaking at above 85c. Decent mid-tower cases in general really isn't a problem for the H100 or watercooled systems, unless there are obvious design issues such as the mesh/dust filter that obstruct the roof of the SM 690. Even if you dremel the mesh panels off the roof you'd only drop the CPU temperatures by a degree or two. If you've researched it quite a bit, your best bet would be de-lidding the 3770K.

Bit of heads up: If my compact camera is up to it, I'm going to record the de-lidding of my 3570K and see how hard/easy it is. If you manage to do it this week or next, please post the process as an update :)

i have 4 aerocool shark fans fixed to my h100 , they are kinda the same as the corsair SP 120 quiet edition .

And sure i will post the updates before.after de-lid . i found a good video from youtube :

, dont forget to up your video too :P

This is an ASRock guide, but most of the BIOS settings discussed are universal to Ivy/Sandy and many people have reported getting a lot of help on non ASRock mobos:

http://www.overclock...-asrock-edition

That helped me tremendously, as I was able to actually undervolt with a 4.2ghz OC.

I used the same guide, it was quite useful for a non-professional overclocker :)

Yes the guide above is nice , i will try it when i have my psu back.

Thanks for the video omega I enjoyed learning that fix.