ZoSo

NVIDIA Inspector

13 posts in this topic

Guys I can't believe this isn't one of the ones listed so far. This is by far one of my favorite utilities.

Download Link: http://www.techspot.com/downloads/5077-nvidia-inspector.html

A few unique features is it is one of the few apps that show VPU (Video Processing Unit) load. You may notice while watching a Blu-Ray or even a video on YouTube that your GPU load is fairly low, for example right now watching The Godfather I am showing 8% GPU load, however my VPU load is at 55%. This is due to the fact of how NVIDIA implemented video processing in their architecture and how GPU load takes this into account.

Another VERY cool feature is with NVIDIA inspector you can edit your 3D Profiles, such as games, to settings that are not possible in NVIDIA CP. See this link for a good example: http://www.overclock.net/t/1250100/nvidia-sparse-grid-supersampling

However I use this part of NV Inspector most when I am updating my drivers. Don't you hate it when you update your drivers and you have to re-enter all your profiles if you do a clean install or use a driver cleaner after uninstalling? Well with NVIDIA Inspector you can export all your game profiles into a small file and then import them back in once you have installed the new driver.

Here is a screen showing some of NV Inspector, the black arrow is pointing to the button you must hit to open the large window to the right where your profiles are:

If anyone hasn't heard of this software I hope you try it out and find it as useful as I have. I know I spent way too much time redoing my profiles after doing a clean driver install before I found this software.

_

ZoSo, you know that this is available from Guru3D too - http://downloads.gur...nload-2612.html

I've been tempted to try this but for whatever reason I have always put it off; playing with game profiles and exporting them however has tempted me. Very important when doing a clean driver update, moreso for anyone who has pre-defined settings for gameplay videos. My old way was to write them in notepad which seems crazy now.

Bar the incorrect reading of PCIe 3.0 (GPU-Z reads it as PCIe 2.0) ; I noticed that Inspector has the same settings as the highly regarded MSI Afterburner for overclocking, AB is noted to being easier to achieve higher overclocks than other programs whereas Inspector can change the powerstate values. Only use one OC program as they can conflict, if anyone does try either you should run FurMark in the background to speed things up and watch for any graphic corruption. A quick search has found this 2-page article from the guys at Asus as a guide for those who understand the basics of overclocking. If you Google, you can find advanced guides but I'm not linking to them as they will more than likely kill your GPU, best leave the onus on you to find them.

Below is my current settings correctly read from the settings Afterburner had previously applied. These are my 24/7 clocks...

To get you started: Regarding Borderland 2, I have come across this tweaking guide on GeForce.com (Advanced Tweaking) - http://www.geforce.c...-tweak-guide#11

Of course I know it is on Guru3D, but I don't really advertise their site anymore after how our relationship ended. Is there some reason you felt that was needed to bring up? It is available all over the internet, I don't see what Guru3D has to do with NVIDIA Inspector (it's not like the creator is on that site), everyone can link to downloads wherever they like, Guru3D is just one fish in the sea. It is just the site Google usually shows first due to SEO, I prefer MajorGeeks personally. However I have used Techspot plenty of times in the past.

Also I have never used NV Inspector for Overclocking, only for the things I mentioned above with 3D profiles and trying settings not found in the stock NV CP. So as far as OCing with NVIDIA Inspector, I'm not too educated on that aspect of the software.

As for exporting/importing profiles you have nothing to be hesitant about, I have done it over twenty times probably without a single problem.

I only mentioned it because the main site RSS for programs is from Guru3D, that is the only reason.

At this moment that RSS feed is down: "Could not contact download server."

Version 1.9.6.7

Changelog as follows:-

- improved max boost detection for kepler cards

- added CLI parameter "-skipMaxBoostTest" to disable max boost detection

- added CLI parameter "-disableScan" for profile settings

- added new profile helper while dragndrop exe file and no profile is found (take care you not just took the launcher)

- removed (DX9) postfix for LOD bias setting, its supported for DX10+ too since driver r310

http://download.orbm...nload.php?id=51

Taken from this R310.54 article on the benefits of the latest beta driver - http://www.geforce.c...rivers-released

Configuring SGSSAA to reach this level of detail can at times be tricky due to the need to counteract texture blurring that occurs when using the technique. With a Negative LOD Bias, applied via NVIDIA Inspector, texture quality can be restored, but unfortunately the correct value can only be ascertained through trial and error.

Following repeated calls from users for a solution, we silently introduced an automatic LOD Bias feature in last month’s 310.33 beta driver, which we’re pleased to officially announce today. Now, users need only enable Sparse Grid Supersampling in the profile of a compatible game in NVIDIA Inspector, and the new feature will do the rest.

Version 1.9.6.8 HOTFIX

- possible bugfix for low resolution GUI glitch in setting profiles

Download Link - http://www.techspot....-inspector.html

Utility has built-in updating notifications which is very handy for those already with Nvidia Inspector as it updates/installs in less than 1 second on my system.

This is one utility I simply can't do without, I've been using it on Mass Effect which suffered greatly from jaggies and now it looks far, far better. This is an old savegame from 2008 which I never finished as I left it on the last mission and couldn't face finishing it. My character is level 50, I have done all the side-quests and every mission bar the "Lorik Qui'in" mission - that is bugged and can't finish it. Looking forward to playing it again on Hardcore/Insanity, Insanity only unlocks if I didn't change the difficulty otherwise I'd need to play it yet again before moving on to ME2.

Back on topic; Settings used in Inspector, I've included the direct links to the original Fraps PNG captures ...

Note: I had already set the game cfg to use 16x AF (default is only 4x) but set it here to clarify that. The file your change is BIOEngine.cfg located (under Windows 7) in Documents\BioWare\Mass Effect\Config. Search for the line "MaxAnisotropy=4" and change to "MaxAnisotropy=16". Only edit cfg files with Notepad to avoid errors and ensure you create a backup of the original.

You can get away easily using 4x SGSSAA rather than the 8x I choose. I enabled FXAA for the jaggies in this quick example but for whatever reason i could not reduce the jaggies from the finer lines or lights(?). If anyone has older games they have used this on then please post your efforts here - with Inspector there is no excuse not to try it ;):D

56K warning! Direct links to original PNGs - https://i.imgur.com/h82fp.png - https://i.imgur.com/OVSaO.png

Version 1.9.6.9 Update

• updated setting constants and names xml for driver R313
  • removed dirty workaround for delete profile driver bug, is fixed since R310
  • fixed low resolution gui glitch for bitvalue editor
  • improved hex input parsing

Updates via installed utility, at the moment no English site has the latest version to download, only 1.9.6.8. Latest version ...

Version 1.9.7.0 BETA

Mostly Kepler updates...

• added support for overvoltage (GK110)
  • added support for temperature target (GK110)
  • enabled and improved estimated max boost for GK110
  • added CLI parameter "-setIlumination" for logo brightness control (GTX 690, TITAN; SLIBRIDGE)
  • added CLI parameters for overvoltage and temperature target
  • improved high dpi layout for driver settings

And here is the new Temperature target with the new Titan options highlighted in green by me with the logo...

A quick check of my utilities reveals I missed this small update on April 1st...

Version 1.9.7.1

• fixed overclocking panel was expanded by default
  • fixed divide by zero bug for some mobile Kepler cards

Been a while since I posted updates, anyway I shall post the two recent version changes.

Only version 1.9.7.3 is available right now direct from TPU for those who've yet to install Inspector. Those who have it installed, simply hit the update link notification when you launch Inspector and it'll do a silent install.

Version 1.9.7.5

• removed obsoltete [sic] profile settings jump list entry
  • fixed cuda lib error 

NVIDIA Profile Inspector - Version 2.1.1.1 (.NET Framework 4 or above)

• reverted back to default font
  • fixed layout problems (hopefully)

B7fctRP.png

Version 1.9.7.4 changelog

Spoiler

NVIDIA Inspector - Version 1.9.7.4 (.NET Framework 2 or above)

• replaced old ROP calculation with new API call, this should fix ROP count for Maxwell 2 cards with reduced L2 Cache
  • increased unlocked UI clock limit for non boost states to fix error with memory clocks beyond 4000MHz
  • improved max boost clock estimation for maxwell
  • completely removed settings profile editor from main application, it is now deployed as standalone application

NVIDIA Profile Inspector - Version 2.1.1.0 (.NET Framework 4 or above)

• completely reworked settings engine backend
  • removed update detection / autoupdate
  • updated to latest available settings api R352
  • added stereo setting name detection from driver lib (thx to DarkStarSword)
  • default custom setting names are now embedded to the exe file, and can be extracted with command line switch "-createCSN"
  • added some GSYNC settings to CSN
  • profile export now exports only customized settings without the nvidia predefined settings
  • profile import now resets the profile to current driver defaults before import
  • changed framerate limiter value selection to predicted fps instead of the raw api value
  • you can drag'n drop nip files or application shortcuts now

IUF1Nne.png

NVIDIA Inspector 1.9.7.5

I've updated the previous post with the link to the updated Nvidia Inspector 1.9.7.5. Nowhere else has officially provided a link leaving me no choice than to host it for you :)

Simply drag and drop the contents to wherever is convenient and run it from there. I pin it to my taskbar (simply a shortcut) because I use it daily, easiest way to do this (Windows 8+) is to run the program and right-click then left-click to pin and now you can close it. You'll have a new icon on your taskbar, feel free to move it left/right until it's where you want it.

Another small update that I'd recommend updating to as it irons out bugs. Get the next version via the built-in updater or grab the previous version here.

Version 1.9.7.6

• Added option to include predefined settings to the exported nip file
  • Fixed when all string fields got persisted on apply changes even if no changes was made to them
  • Fixed when the import removes the predefined settings of a profile if they are not included in the nip file
  • Fixed clicking the refresh button may crash the application for some users

NVIDIA Profile Inspector - Version 2.1.2.0 (.NET Framework 4 or above)

• Fixed image upload
  • nvidiaProfileInspector is now open source and licensed under MIT license.
    (https://github.com/Orbmu2k/nvidiaProfileInspector)
  • There are also continues builds available outside of the update cycle of nvidiaInspector
    (https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Orbmu2k/nvidiaprofileinspector/build/artifacts)