Optimis0r

Post your GPU Z ASIC quality

10 posts in this topic

This is always fun to do.

I'll start first.

HD 7870 88.8% stock volts are 1.168.

GTX 670 82.6%

http://forums.videocardz.com/uploads/monthly_10_2012/post-1-0-02109200-1350340444.jpghttp://forums.videocardz.com/uploads/monthly_10_2012/post-1-0-59196900-1350340589.jpg

from what I've heard about this GPU-Z feature, it has a large margin of error:

lol at the new GPU-Z reporting my GPU speed incorrectly, doesn't even match the shader speed.

I searched this thread to see what my 480 was, now my 660 Ti is only 70.2%  :(

I searched this thread to see what my 480 was, now my 660 Ti is only 70.2%  :(

From what I understand, it simply means you GPU will actually overclock better than higher quality ASIC GPUs but require (slightly) more-than-normal mV which always leads to higher temperatures. Some benchmarks are inconsistent, ie 3DMark (Ice Storm crashes too easily... no matter how high the mV the memory clocks have to backed way off) could be a memory leakage but these POVs are low leakage chips.

At my readings of 73.9% and 80.5% it does allow a fairly decent overclock so I wouldn't worry based on that result alone :) I do find it odd that the 80.5% rating is shown as "Point of View (1ACC)" in the subvendor and the higher leakage 73.9% is "NVIDIA (10DE)" Not sure what the limits are on this low leakage claims or why it's not saying POV but I'd say that is borderline at best.

If your ever going for SLI you could do what I did and test each GPU individually for the highest stable clocks/temps/voltages and place the better performing GPU in the top. Each GPU would have to be unsynchronised for clockspeed. Then I would turn off SLI to further push the lower ASIC with AB without the worry of the second higher ASIC hitting the wall, I find this benefits some applications/benchmarks (or poorly ported games for that matter) that aren't coded for SLI. This is also very useful for games that have patchy PhysX performance; disable SLI, set PhysX to the second GPU and you'll notice consistent FPS if you normally play under 60fps.

And to quote from a review I read a while back...

Many hardcore overclockers use GPU-Z's ASIC Quality reading feature to quickly screen cards for overclocking potential. While traditional overclockers using air cooling typically look for high ASIC quality values, the LN2 crowd searches for low values. On the HD 7970 SOC GPU-Z reported a very low ASIC quality reading of 55.2%, which suggests that Gigabyte is screening GPUs using that method, too. Just to clarify, low ASIC Quality does not mean that the GPU will break soon or is prone to damage, it just reflects the GPU's leakage current, which is an indicator of overclocking potential, heat output and required voltage.

Source: Techpowerup by W1zzard http://goo.gl/h07Ho

hi

Please Help me :(

OOPH8WY.jpg

Edited by momo000000

Hi momo, either your GPU isn't yet supported or perhaps try a clean install of the Catalyst drivers if you didn't already.

Otherwise best bet is to leave a post on the TPU forum and perhaps W1zzard can help.

Good luck!