Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dizzaster

Buy Rx 480 or wait for Rx 580 ?

8 posts in this topic

Hello everybody, i was thinking about to buy Rx 480 msi gaming x but i saw a post that amd will make a new one, rx 580, so now im stuck.

In a one side rx 480 is ready, i mean all drivers have been released, that got a lot of non-ref versions, all problems and stuff was fixed.

But from the other side rx 580, which is faster, colder, but i have to wait at least about 1,5 mounth to get non-ref version. 

And, i just can't decide, w8 some because rx 580 is incredible, or buy rx 480 right now. 

What do you think about it ? What do you want to chose ?

580 is basically rebranded 480 with higher clocks. Most RX580 will run at 1350-1400 MHz, which is achievable for most 480s. 

480 is currently available at a good price, so I would suggest 480. Of course, if you are planning to sell it later, it would better to buy 580 instead, because it will be worth more after a year. 

Of course nothing is stopping you from waiting 2 weeks for 580 launch, then make your decision based on existing reviews, but it may be harder to find a good deal on 480 then.

7 hours ago, WhyCry said:

580 is basically rebranded 480 with higher clocks. Most RX580 will run at 1350-1400 MHz, which is achievable for most 480s. 

480 is currently available at a good price, so I would suggest 480. Of course, if you are planning to sell it later, it would better to buy 580 instead, because it will be worth more after a year. 

Of course nothing is stopping you from waiting 2 weeks for 580 launch, then make your decision based on existing reviews, but it may be harder to find a good deal on 480 then.

Actually i think that prices on rx 480 will go down, after rx 580 release.

+ idk why, but i think that rx 580 will be better that rx 480 not only by the speed, because it's kinda weird to release the same gpu but with higher clock.

There is no evidence that 580 will be better in any other way. 

Of course it will be cheaper then, but there are many shops which are already out of stock of 400 series and they won't have any more cards.

As far as I know, the difference between 580 and 480 prices at launch won't be high, so if you are not in the rush, just wait those two weeks for more information.

On 02.04.2017 at 11:49 AM, WhyCry said:

Thanks, i guess, i'm gonna buy rx 480, don't want wait too much.

Some sweet deals right now on the RX 480. Going by the assumption the 580 is just a higher clocked 480, I'd be tempted to pull the trigger on the 480.

Agree, My RX 580 actually came with 1405 Mhz core clock, FPS is more or less 10% difference... Maybe drivers would improve things

RX580_details.PNG

RX580 info.PNG

software_version.PNG

4 hours ago, keithewan said:

Agree, My RX 580 actually came with 1405 Mhz core clock, FPS is more or less 10% difference... Maybe drivers would improve things

Did you try to overclock it?