somaz

940mx
940mx in Dell Latitude 5580

6 posts in this topic

Hi!
I would like to buy a Dell Latitude 5580 but I don't know wich version of 940mx has it. DDR3 or GDDR5??

There is no information about the vram, just this: NVIDIA® GeForce 940MX 1020MHz 64 Bit for KI7-7820HVT

Can somebody help me?

Hi, after a little search, I found what can be your answer, it's GDDR5, at least according to this website, as no other has this info.

Still you should get in mind that neither version is suited for gaming purpose.

1 hour ago, Skr13 said:

Hi, after a little search, I found what can be your answer, it's GDDR5, at least according to this website, as no other has this info.

Still you should get in mind that neither version is suited for gaming purpose.

Thanks, I hope it is true :)
It would be a business machine for Adobe softwares. After Effects don't use the GPU so maybe this config with the i7-7820HQ could be a decent choice.

6 minutes ago, WhyCry said:

There is not enough information to give you a straight answer. I would contact Dell to be sure. 

Also its seems you already asked this question on other forums and you were given the same advice

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3368169/dell-latitude-5580-gtx-940mx-2gb-64bit-ddr3-gddr5.html

Yes, I try to ask different forums. Maybe somebody has got this notebook and can answer this.
Unfortunatelly Dell hasn't answer yet.

It's a strange configuration tbh. Top of the line Kaby Lake and ancient maxwell 940mx.. Hopefully you are not planning to play games on that machine.

11 hours ago, WhyCry said:

It's a strange configuration tbh. Top of the line Kaby Lake and ancient maxwell 940mx.. Hopefully you are not planning to play games on that machine.

"It would be a business machine for Adobe softwares. After Effects don't use the GPU so maybe this config with the i7-7820HQ could be a decent choice."