tjsepka

XFX RX-460P4TFG5 PCIe bus width

6 posts in this topic

Can someone tell be whether the XFX RX-460P4TFG5 has a x8 or x16 PCIe bus width?  I'm getting conflicting answers.  Please include a reference to where the definitive information is so I can cite it.

Hi tjsepka, all modern graphics cards can reach x16 PCIe 3.0 on bus, but of course that 8x or even 4x depends on the motherboard limitation(mainly when using multi-gpu's).

If you want to test, you can verify with GPU-Z utility, which shows that kind of info.

GPU-Z link

Thanks for the feedback.  I'm getting different answers depending on who I ask.  I'd like to find the definitive source for the answer.  I haven't even been able to find it on AMD's site (I posted the question to them and I'm awaiting a response).  XFX, the manufacturer, says its x16.  I have no reason not to believe them, however I ran GPU-Z and could only achieve x8.  My configuration is:

Asus M5A99FX PRO 2.0 Rev 1.xx motherboard installed in a PCIe 2.0 x 16_1 slot (dual at x16/x16 mode) slot as recommended in the User Manual for a single graphics card configuration.

Rosewill Capstone-G1000, Capstone G Series 1000W Modular Power Supply

Running GPU-Z renderer test, the Bus Interface still reports PCIe x8 3.0@8 2.0.
CPU-Z  v1.78.1.x64 reports the graphics interface for the mainboard link width as x8, with a max. supported x8.

Driver and BIOS firmware up to date.

So I have the issue in with ASUS also......

I've even read that cleaning and reseating the board (not sure if it was the exact model I have) made it run at x16.  My system hardware is only about 5 weeks old.

Radeon RX 460 is x8 by default. Most cards use only half of the pins on PCI slot.

SAPPHIRE-RX-460-NITRO-4GB-15.jpg460-10b.jpg

Your card, however, has all the pins, so it should support x16. But should you be worried? No, it changes nothing in terms of performance, this card can't utilize the bandwidth of the PCIE slot anyway. 

Cool, I thought that every modern and gaming capable card had 16x(pins) it seems not.

Anyway, you're right, 8x or 16x doesn't make any difference for this level of GPU performance.

XFX is an excellent card maker I own one of their R9 295X2 cards wow that  thing is truly amazing super fast card it will play any game at max settings @ 1440p  with ease, effortly  very pleased with this card..enjoy