abvolt

Nvidia 1080ti

16 posts in this topic

Anyone here waiting for the release of the 1080ti's ? I'm sure wanting one for a new build I'm going to be doing. I'll be using the Asus ROG Rampage V 10 edition board should be a really awesome board..

Of course. Architectural launches are always very interesting, but we all know how NVIDIA is launching their cards (arc & arc refresh). GTX 1080 is an awesome card, but everyone knows they are preparing GTX 1080 Ti or GTX 2080 at this point. Even GP102 is no secret anymore. 

I think there are three possibilities:

• NVIDIA launches GTX 1080 Ti first
  • NVIDIA will wait for Vega to adjust price and performance of 1080 Ti
  • NVIDIA will wait few months after Vega to launch GTX 2080 GP102 and GP104 refresh.

Basically if 1080 Ti comes first, then I'm certain Vega is slower than 1080 Ti, why? Because NVIDIA has no reason to launch anything affordable based on GP102 right now. GTX 1080 sales are doing great and there's no competition from AMD. 

I'm wanting a couple 1080 Ti's to replace my 980 Ti's but well aware that no CPU can currently overcome existing bottlenecks. Gaming at 1440p reduces second GPU down to just a 40/50% increase in perf over a single card (title dependant). Better off buying one, unless you have UHD display for 60fps, and assessing system performance on that. Around 80fps is average at 1440 maxed yet another may gain just another 30-40fps tops. A couple 1080's is already more than enough for any gamer or even for rendering, Ti's are great for skipping a gen if needed.

By the time custom cards like STRIX/FTW come to market (and availability) it may be about right to build a new system. Yeah that V10 is a great board and one that I've already considered as my R4BE has treat me very well. Extra features such as NVMe for OS (and fav games) would be very nice plus the sweet spot 32GB of 3200MHz DDR4 for the timings/price, ie Kingston again as I've found them super-reliable.

Also, EKWB have announced their RGB monoblock (this is great for aethetics and flow plus easier to install) for the V10 - https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-fb-asus-r5-e10-monoblock-rgb-edition

Hi guys been a while since my last post, I'm just starting to  accumulate parts for a new build I'm about to start.  Using the MSI Z170A Xpower Gaming Titanium board, Gskill  Ripjaws V DDR4 3000, Samsung Evo 850 500gb (old but still really fast) intel 730 500 gb ssd, Intel 7700K,   Seasonic 1000 Platinum. So is anyone here thinking about the GTX 1080 ti's so far that's the card of choice what do any of you think and lets hope this card is not priced too high, my evga 780 ti's were like 850. each hope this card does not go too much higher than that..enjoy 

I think 1080 Ti pricing will depend mostly on Vega, or more likely how fast is Vega. 

The longer it takes for 1080 ti to arrive, the more likely it will launch as GTX 2080, because NVIDIA has no plans to release Volta this year. But it's really hard to say right now as there are zero performance leaks of 1080 Ti.

But generally speaking, I think most enthusiast of high-end GPUs should always wait for tick-tock launches (big dies, fully unlocked chips etc). So yeah I'm really looking forward to hearing about 1080 Ti, and testing one when they become available. 

Thanks for the info had no idea, so your saying possibly no 1080 ti but a gtx 2080, is their any info for this claim that you can post and is AMD planning to do something even more than Nvidia on the level as the proposed 1080 ti in the high end video cards, The reason I ask  is that I also own a AMD R9 295x2 card that is wildly powerful, also just for others to know my current rig which houses 2 Evga 780 ti kpe's in SLI , which can play current any games in ultra settings @ 1440p  with no heat issues or frame rate drops. enjoy

sli 780..Thank you & enjoy

I don't, but you have to look at this from 700 series perspective. First we had TITAN, then GTX 780 and then GTX 780 Ti. Now we have TITAN, but no 2080 and 2080 Ti yet. I guess we will find out what NVIDIA is planning in the next few months. I would make more sense to launch 20 series with 2080, 2070 (as GTX 1080 refresh) etc, rather than drag 10 series for two years till Volta is available. 

Cool and thanks for the info..

sli 780..Thank you & enjoy

Edited by SMiThaYe
fixed abvolt's spam spacing/stuck space key ;)

Abvolt, get a new keyboard, your return key was stuck ;)

Any of you guys heard when we might be getting the release date of the Nvidia 1080 ti's that's all I'm waiting for to begin my new build..enjoy 

Awesome thanks..

Well finally we have the word that the 1080 ti is coming soon  it's been rumoured that the GTX 1080 ti will make it's appearance @ PAX in Boston on March 10, let's hope it's not too high priced cuz I want one..enjoy

Unlikely, it should launch mid-March to late March. It depends on many things, but I suspect Jensen will tell us when to expect 1080 Ti during Feb 28th announcement. 

A March 5th release date awesome news did you also notice the price 699. wow that's great can't wait to get my hands on this card..

It's not March 5th, but 7th ;)

Just wait for custom cards, no reason to throw money on NVIDIA, when partners are almost ready with first custom models.