fwixgamer

2012 gpu's recommendation goes for red team or green team !

4 posts in this topic

it's all in the title , do u agree with me this years AMD with the hole series of th 7XXX (entry-mid-high range) "specially with the price cuts" are the winner if we speak OVERCLOCKING/PRICE/PERFORMANCE !

btw I'm not nvidia or amd fan-boy :ph34r: , but i use nvidia (fermi 590) cause of "cuda" in some 3D/vfx application (OCTAN - vray RT - Red giant - Mainconcept.. )

Not exactly, AMD launched their cards earlier, so the price cuts were a must when Kepler architecture arrived. It's hard to determine which company has a better offer in overall, but for me it seems that NVIDIA made a mistake by launching so many cards, whereas AMD has quite normal, easy to follow, routine with their series. The only reason to launch new cards like NVIDIA did with GTX 650,650Ti,660 and so on, is to constantly focus customers on their products. People are reading new reviews every month, while the last AMD reference card was launched months ago (not to mention those PowerBoost cards). AMD has serious problem, they couldn't even launch a reference card of HD 7990. But if we were to compare the current offer, then there is no other solution than AMD cards in terms of prices. Look how 7950 got cheaper. These are just my two cents. I'm quite disappointed though that there is no third company to fight them.

emmm agreed when amd launch there cards ... yep crap drivers + price like hell ect but it was the same with nvidia crap drivers + red dead screen ect so both was bad when they lunched there card's

perhaps nvidia for 1 month before amd cuts price of the 7970 7950 the gtx 670 was the best deal but now it's not , also agreed about the overall amd win in every single gpu's this year they really offer the best p/p :

this is based on my own experience (reviews-bench)

oc* gtx 680hd vs7970 = amd win price+ perfo.

oc* gtx 670hd vs7950 = amd win price+ perfo.

oc* gtx 660ti =hd7870 = amd win price.

oc* gtx660hd vs7850 = amd win price+ perfo ( the hd 7850 are beast in oc they can up to +50-45% oc to match the 7950 ).

oc* gtx650ti vs maybe a hd 7790 ore 7830 ? .

oc* gtx650 vs hd7770= amd win price+ perfo.

oc* gt 640 vs hd7750= amd win price+ perfo.

i hope nvidia do some cuts price specially they have a cheap production gpus to goes back to the competition race , and yeah why there is no other big company to have the best competition it's just ridiculous sis and matrox ... are out from along long time

any way at this moment i can't advise any nvidia over amd , maybe after the price cuts but at this moment specially the entry-high range kepler it's just dumb to buy a green card

ahe btw about the 7990 yep i'ts true amd can't manage to launch a bi-gpu cause of the power consumption perhaps they give the choice to the other company like asus vtx ect to enjoy the price of the 999$ :D but technically nvidia win with the 690 , even if i don't like the 1100 -1000 euro price (590/6990 launched price about 700-800 euro )but this is life they exist poor and rich people :D so green rich fan-boy gonna buy any big mama from nvidia :D and it's the same with amd fan-boy

It all depends on what you are doing with the GPU and what are your favorite games/apps. I see no clear winner this generation and according to my last 2 articles on the main site, I don't think we are going to have a blow out in the next either.

See I use a lot of Adobe CS6 software and is very well optimized for CUDA, as are a lot of other programs. I know AMD is starting to do this now, but NVIDIA has had the ground work laid out for a very long time, where AMD has just recently stepped into the GPGPU ring compared to NVIDIA.

Also it depends if running 6 monitors is important to you or if you want 3D Surround or is PhysX important to you?. So many factors to consider, you can't just throw up a performance comparison and say, THEY WIN!. :lol: