SMiThaYe

(PCGamer) What are the hardest PC games?

2 posts in this topic

(PCGamer) What are the hardest PC games?

Interesting topic, PCG has listed a number of modern titles that remain very challenging. In this list we aren't talking about any game being more challenging simply by changing the difficulty, this is judged by default normal difficulty.

You could go back a good number of years to mention even more difficult games (Mega Man as one example) as even Demon's Souls was far more difficult than Dark Souls and recall the pains of friends playing Ninja Gaiden about 10 years ago.

Loved the era of the nineties and actual exploration in working out for yourself how to play the game. The list can be argued just like any other depending on your own experience, my own inclusion for the hardest would be The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (http://store.steampowered.com/app/250900/) and I Wanna Be The Boshy.

Games that depend on your own skill level (I suck at flying) or by being stumped in playing other genres I'd have to include Portal or any other puzzle/platform games. Then you have realism titles such as Arma series and going a little astray you have online titles DayZ and CS:GO that requires skill, patience and teamwork to survive.

In summary I feel games have come back to their routes and offered a greater challenge to gamers, more rewarding and offering extra value in repeated playthroughs. Even when friends or myself struggle we come through it with greater understanding that holds good foundations for the future, battle through frustrations/swearing-out-aloud and reap the rewards.

Unsurprisingly, Dark Souls got the most mentions, with 14% saying it was the hardest game they've ever played. It was followed by Dark Souls 2, which took in about 5% of the results. From there, though, the results are immediately diverse, with shooters, platformers, puzzle games, strategy games, and MOBAs all bunched together. When I cut out jokes, console games, games with specific caveats, and those that received only one or two mentions, I was still left with over 70 games.

70cKomPm.png

So there you have it, what was your most difficult game to play?

http://www.pcgamer.com/what-are-the-hardest-pc-games/

Arma series and Insurgency are the hardest games I've played, they require fast mouse skills, a brain, teamwork, and dedication to improve.

There are some strategy games very hard to play, essentially those pure strategy based games, like Hearts of Iron series, which can be tough to learn every aspect from the game in short time.

But there are other many games on many platforms, including mobile(android) that are really challenging enough to be on this list, especially playing those games on a small screen smartphone;)