Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shankovich

Hello (again)! [Returning]

2 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

It's been a bit over a year since I've been on the forums; you can probably see my original introduction down below a few posts. It's been a while so I thought another intro would do. If not, feel free to delete it. 

Had to go for a while due to some family problems, it was a pretty rough year but things are more or less back to a new normal now. I still drop around to see what's going on of course ;). Anyways it looks like the community has grown a lot over the past year, so I'm looking forward to seeing new users! 

Again my background is in aerospace engineering and I've graduated now in Canada. Huge tech lover of course, and my camp is on the AMD side, though I'm not a blind fanboy. Competition is good :) . I got a FirePro W9100 from AMD around this time last year for OpenCl testing, and I got a Quadro K5000 as part of a research grant back in February (yes I'm very lucky). Both cards are fantastic, with the FirePro running hotter of course. Both are stable and game great alongside their professional software performance. Sorry to say I don't have 6 monitors to run the FirePro on :( 

Also, I tried to liquid cool the firepro with the Corsair bracket. I figured from pictures of R9 290X ref baords that the hole placements were the same. Tehy were except for the two middle ones, which were off by about 1.5mm. Couldn't make it work in the end sadly, so just a bit of advice if any owners are out there pondering it. 

Hi Shankovich, and welcome back to the forums, hope you stay here longer this time:)