Skr13

Asus GTX 970 Black

5 posts in this topic

So, after this long wait, I finally have the Asus GTX 970 Black, can't wait to try GTA V B)

Not the best camera quality, just my Aquaris phone, but enough for this ;)

EDIT: Reuploaded by WhyCry

:cooler:

Skr13 :beer:

Finally. I reuploaded the pics to our hosting. Postimage is such a pain to use :P

Very nice and good to see photos B) You can now remove "GTX 970 on the way..."

I would have ran down to the store too and hope you have years of fun with this great value card :D Asus BIOS is the best too imo but some review sites like TPU say otherwise. Let us know what clocks you settled on, note that 2GHz isn't too difficult but core may just breach 1300MHz, limitation being PL and whether best results come from using either Asus GPU Tweak/ MSI Afterburner/EVGA PrecisionX. Try not to touch volts til last as this causes clock throttling in Maxwell thanks to thermals. And if you don't mind risking your GPU Kepler BIOS tool works, normally reserved for benchmarks which is why I just use tried and tested custom BIOS on OCN.

All that is needed is for both WhyCry and I to await 390X/980Ti for our next upgrade and GTA V (or whatever he moved onto already) wants to fully enjoy. UK had more stock of Asus TX and incoming EVGA TX SC this week but crazy overcharging/poor UK-Dollar exchange is enough to resist plus I have things to pay for in the summer.

Very nice and good to see photos B) You can now remove "GTX 970 on the way..."

I would have ran down to the store too and hope you have years of fun with this great value card :D Asus BIOS is the best too imo but some review sites like TPU say otherwise. Let us know what clocks you settled on, note that 2GHz isn't too difficult but core may just breach 1300MHz, limitation being PL and whether best results come from using either Asus GPU Tweak/ MSI Afterburner/EVGA PrecisionX. Try not to touch volts til last as this causes clock throttling in Maxwell thanks to thermals. And if you don't mind risking your GPU Kepler BIOS tool works, normally reserved for benchmarks which is why I just use tried and tested custom BIOS on OCN.

All that is needed is for both WhyCry and I to await 390X/980Ti for our next upgrade and GTA V (or whatever he moved onto already) wants to fully enjoy. UK had more stock of Asus TX and incoming EVGA TX SC this week but crazy overcharging/poor UK-Dollar exchange is enough to resist plus I have things to pay for in the summer.

​There's no review about this card yet, just normal Strix, but I found it more value/money because of 980 PCB it has ;)

About OC, for now I will keep factory clocks, it's more than enough for 1080p, and I want to keep low noise levels.