omega

My first gaming rig

24 posts in this topic

Hi everyone

I start this thread so that you guys can give me some opinion as i am a total noob in new tech. If i remember well , my last pc was an intel celeron lol and when it died on me , i have never check / keep-up with the evolution of pc hardware. I got help in another forum , but i want as much opinion as i can have.

I love High-end Graphic MMO's like Blade and soul, Guildwars2 , games like BF3 , Batman , Crysis etc.. And i would love to play those game in ultra and at maximum FPS lol , I am a single monitor user @ 1080p

Budget = $ 2500 AUS

MoBo : Sabertooth z77

Ram : G.skill Trident / Corsair Vengeance / Dominator Platinum

CPU : I7-3770k

Cooler: Corsair H100 ( Bought )

GPU : Evga Gtx 670 4gb / Evga Gtx 680 Classified 4gb

SSD : Samsung 840 128gb / 256gb ( release date : Oct 15 ) Or Ocz Vertex 4 256gb

HD : WD Black Caviar 1TB

PSU : Corsair HX-1050 ( Bought )

Case : CM 690 II Plus Nvidia Edition ( Bought )

Fan Controller : Aerocool Touch 2000 ( Bought )

Fan : Aerocool Shark 120mm x 4 For H100 ( Bought )

: Aerocool Shark 120mm as Exhaust ( Bought )

: 2x Silverstone Air penetrator 140mm as Intake

: 1x Akasa viper 140mm As intake

: 1x Noctua 80mm as Intake ( bought )

Mouse : Thermaltake Level 10M / Razer Taipan or Imperator / Corsair m60

Keyboard : Corsair k90 / Razer lycosa

Monitor : Samsung S27A950D

Any change / opinion are welcome

I really like Sabertooth's design, but the cost IMO, is kind of ridiculous.

Also those 2 SSD trade blows depending on the benchmark, there is no difference you would notice so I would go with price on that one.

get gtx 670 2GB it would be enough for 1080p gaming but if you dont care about phyx much i think you should go with 7970 that card is beast in everything overclocking,or if you wanna upgrade to 3 or 2 monitors it can help you out and its faster than gtx 680 at higher resolution and for AA too

Unless he cares about power consumption, noise and heat, not to mention it is pretty much a known fact NV Drivers win hands down. Look how long it took AMD to add Game Profiles, that alone tells you how far behind their driver team is.

Also you are talking about the 7970 GE, the 7970 loses to the 680 in the majority of games at 1080p (what he has shown us he is going to be playing at). NewEgg has about I think 6 or 7 models of the 7970 GE while they have over 30 models of the 680.

Do not buy the Evga Gtx 680 Classified 4gb, it is a total ripped off since the EVbot is no longer needed to overvolt the card. Instead, you can buy another version of GTX 680 like the FTW version.

Do not buy the Evga Gtx 680 Classified 4gb, it is a total ripped off since the EVbot is no longer needed to overvolt the card. Instead, you can buy another version of GTX 680 like the FTW version.

I duplicate the post and i cannot find the delete option, anyone ?

Yeah the Classified is about $700+ with shipping . For the ssd , i want it to be worry-free , the samsung 830 makes it name in the ssd market and in some website it is always in the top 5 ssd reviews that i can read. For the ocz am not 100% sure of its stability as the firmware is still in beta

My two cents:

How much does that monitor cost? Have you considered any of those Korean monitors? I have one and that's the best thing I have ever bought for such low price (2560x1440 resolution)

I do also have i7 3770k and I wouldn't recommend it only for gaming. So unless you are editing movies there is no need to overpay for this cpu, go with 3570k

as for the memory I read that Corsair Vengeance were made for Ivy Bridge (or was that Sandy?), that's why I own them too :)

nice configuration..

Hey Aren't You Interested In Corsair Neutron Series SSDs?

@WhyCry Monitor @ 475 $ , and no i need premium hardware as i will not upgrade or build for the years to come

@SohanGTX : Neutron seems nice too, but i have a preference for the Samsung 840 , if it is to high in price i may consider the neutron

I think In Performance Neutron Beats 840

the 840 Pro beats the Neutron in every test basically and the Vertex 4 in over 1/2 of the tests: http://www.anandtech...-256gb-review/4

However I'd still go with the Vertex 4 because it does win some tests pretty decently and it's pricing can't be beat, not to mention OCZ is the leader in SSD development IMO, they did leave RAM manufacturing all together just to make SSDs.

Wow.... :o :o :o I Didn't See That Review About 840,I Only Saw The Corsair Review ...840 is a Beast.... :) :) :)

840 is the beast man :) , my first option was the vertex 4 before i saw the release of the samsung 840 , i fall in love with it

yea but you can get the Vertex 4 128Gb for $89.99 when it is on sale, that is why I am saying Vertex 4. However I don't really know how tight your budget is on your SSD.

see it's only $105 when it isn't even on sale: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227791&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL091112&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL091112-_-EMC-091112-Index-_-SSD-_-20227791-L0F

while the 840 Pro 128Gb will cost you $70 more than the Vertex 4 while it is on sale ($150), almost double the price and you can't buy the 840s yet.

Oh , it is pretty expensive . I can buy 2x 128gb instead of 1 x samsung :) . Anyway i will see when it release

Yes :P , but the samsung is expensive . Some reviews shows that the vertex 4 is crappy at more than 50% of its capacity , so i think i will stay away from this SSD.

Yes :P , but the samsung is expensive . Some reviews shows that the vertex 4 is crappy at more than 50% of its capacity , so i think i will stay away from this SSD.

that is BS, maybe in a non-TRIM environment. I'm using an older OCZ model (Agility 3) and it is past 75% of it's capacity and the performance numbers are identical to when I first installed the OS. I don't see why the newest top of the line model would have such an obvious flaw and many reviews say nothing about it.

Request : close this thread please :P . Will make new build log as soon as i received my items .