SMiThaYe

Steam
Steam Deals, Post 'Em Here

38 posts in this topic

Holiday Sale 2015

May as well kill two birds with one stone.

Steam's Mysterious Trading Cards is back for the third year running, it's called mysterious because the drops are just numbers 1-11 without a reference. Took a screenshot for your viewing pleasure, yes I have them all already (you get them from crafting). Notice in the first image there is no option to craft a new badge because it hasn't gone live yet. Atm I don't see any clues in the badge designs as to how this sale will be themed, ie mainly the type face.

Judging by past Steam sales, usually there is an incentive to push through certain titles or increase the discounts on offer across the Store on select titles, most would agree the 2015 Summer sale was a chore with the clickathon robot game or RSI simulator as I'd like to call it before I decided to make use of my macros ;) Unlike the 5 days of the Steam Exploration Sale from 25-29th November 2015 I would assume the sale to last for 10 or 14 days.

INzLeH7t.png GsrBirMt.png

( click to view larger PNG images )

Leading onto an open secret thanks to a leak from Paypal a few weeks ago, their website now says "Sorry, that page doesn't exist." Checking google cache doesn't load the interactive element but this image (below) shows what was there. The latest banner states that the big Steam Winter sale starts on the 22nd December 2015. Leaks from China stating the 18th are incorrect as a basis for US/Europe since it's a worldwide "premier", you'll find more incorrect dates the further back you go back.

MoUkDIOt.png

( click to view larger PNG image )

Take your time, remember that there is no Flash or Weekly sales to trump your buys during the Holiday Sale - outside of this sale Steam does Daily Deals and Midweek Madness instead. Advice I'd offer is to use the links in the OP to check pricing across various websites and only buy game/s you are planning to play very soon, well unless you hoard and entertainment budget is healthy who's going to stop you :)

Three free Sega titles on Steam

This is part of Sega's Make Love Not War promotion.

H7VnXtm.jpg

Free games worth £21.97

Enter your email address and you'll go on sub list where you'll be sent Steam codes within 24 hours.

http://www.makewarnotlove.com

Heads up on for those who'd like a free game :)

Worth 15 minutes of your time if you're after something quirky or extra achievements with 5 on offer. The game in question is Antenna, developed and published by LWNA, as the title suggests you scan radio frequencies looking for answers.

Tip: For quicker frequencies scans I found it far faster to instead use the arrow keys than scroll wheel, if you're having issues with the "?" key press "Shift" + "?" keys together, once you find frequencies you have to press "Z" and "?" together, some levels require use of the scroll wheel only when asked ie for charging battery.

iXjv3y8m.png
Original 1MB PNG, 2560x1440

Game runs on Windows XP SP3 and up (bar Windows Vista), requires at least 2GHz dual core CPU but ideally quad core, 2GB RAM but ideally 4GB, unspecified GPU with at least 1GB VRAM running DirectX 9 but ideally 10, sound card is up to you, and you require at least 200 MB of storage.

Antenna is a short experience, an atmospheric expression.

Antenna currently supports US keyboard input only. Other keyboard layouts will work but results may be unpredictable. Mouse wheel required.

Another round-up of Steam deals that some of you guys may already own, otherwise check out the offerings.

Here are the weekend deals from Rockstar (the complete list is here), note I try to include valued-oriented packages.

• 2015's Grand Theft Auto V, rated 96%, -33% discount £26.79/$40.19 - store
    You can totally ignore the Great White Shark Cash Card for GTA V online as they are optional in-game currency, team up for heists and slowly build up currency that way.

Also, you can check out GTA V Redux mod (instructions) that I recommend for OFFLINE play only. This is recommended for those familiar with modding.

• Grand Theft Auto Collection, -70% discount, consists of a very old GTA III, rated 93%, yes that game with annoying RC Toyz mission. GTA: Vice City rated 94%. A recommended GTA: San Andreas, rated 93%, due to a huge amount of fun mods or simply making it playable on modern systems. Standalone GTA: Episodes from Liberty City, features both The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony that I somehow never played. The excellent GTA IV, rated 90%, if you can run ENB to improve visuals try that. Hundreds of hours of mayhem in 6 games for only £10.49/$14.99 - store.

The deal above is far better than GTA: Complete Collection as it already includes GTA IV plus Episodes from Liberty City plus 3 other games. For reference that 'deal' that I don't recommend has 70% discount £8.99/$10.99 - store.

For all these titles, I'd recommend a good read of each title on PCGamingWiki to implement any fixes/tweaks, more importantly, the Live disabler.

• An investigative L.A. Noire Complete Collection, rated 83%, -70% discount £7.49/$8.99 - store

• Play stealth or guns blazin' is the action-packed Max Payne 3 Complete Edition, rated 87%, -70% discount £8.09/$10.49 - store

I don't remember the last time I played GTA5 ;) BTW Redux is using stolen settings from other mods. 

cwh4tE1.jpg

DiRT 3 Complete Edition FREE!
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/dirt-3-complete-edition-free-game

• A Humble account is required to add item to your cart
  • The link is sent to your registered email address but you can get the key ASAP from the popup screen that says "Success!" and go to "click here to get your key"

This message will now appear:

Thank you for your DiRT 3 Complete Edition order.

You can access it via your download page:  XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Please save this email so that you can access your content again in the future.

If you have any problems or questions, please visit our support page:

https://support.humblebundle.com
Sincerely, Humble Bundle

• Note: You must redeem your free DiRT 3 Complete Edition key by 10AM Pacific on Saturday, November 19, 2016! Immediately after 10AM Pacific on November 19, the code will magically vanish as if it were just a figment of your imagination, leaving this cryptic message behind in its wake.
  • Click the Steam link where your code will be revealed.
  • In Steam go to Games >> Activate a product on Steam and paste the key
  • Enjoy!

Another not-a-Steam deal and certainly worth grabbing.

It's Mass Effect 2 courtesy of EA Origin, usually £7.99 for this standard edition and now on the house, free!

1. Log in or create an account
  2. Head to On The House to see Mass Effect 2
  3. Click on Get it now and add to your library
  4. Download and keep forever!

a51WFW0.png

Separately, there is a winter sale on Origin with up to 65% off their games and DLCs.

Here's another free game courtesy of Humble.

The is 2012's DiRT Showdown and was well received, usually £9.99 and now free but only for another 29 hours!

Log in or create a Humble account, head here to grab this offer, and Humble will generate a Steam key. After the checkout process has gone through, click through the links.

Note: You have until Saturday, January 28th, 2017 to redeem your key - due to regional differences this could be a day either way.

FHpqZ5um.png