Arctic Cooling VGA coolers compatibility with HD 8000

6 posts in this topic

Posted

I was not sure to post this article, but since every detail is important, I decided to go forward for it.

Arctic Cooling has updated their website recently, introducing their VGA coolers products compatiblity with upcoming AMD Radeon HD 8000 series graphics cards.

Is possible to see some of expected models from HD 8000(OEM) series, they are: HD 8970; HD 8950; 8870 HD 8760 and HD 8740.

The good part is that we can see the compatibility with AMD next GPU lineup, among the different Arctic Cooling products.

The sad part is that is not a leak, like happen before GTX 660 Ti launch, when Arctic Cooling had introduced GTX 660 Ti compatiblity before the release day.

By the way there is a strange thing I observed, if HD 8970 and HD 8950 OEM are the same as HD 7970 GHz and HD 7950B respectively, I found there must be some typo when AC describe that both OEM cards can be installed in Arctic Cooling Xtreme III and cannot be installed as we know in HD 7900 series.

Since the chip (Tahiti) is the same the mounting holes spacing is expected to be equal.

But checking compatibility tab in AC III, only appears HD 8870.

For the less alert people, I have to explain that the above mentioned HD 8000, are in fact the OEM cards, which will not bring anything new in performance and power consumption segment, they are just HD 7000 cards renamed, as earlier reported by us (VideoCardz). LINK

We have to wait further to discover the truth, but like always every grain of salt is welcome!

To follow Artic Cooling VGA updates please follow the LINK.

Posted

Nice find :)

But yeah, these are probably all oem cards, which is even more ridiculous for AMD. In few months there will be two such cards. That's unless they launch the cards under the new names.

Posted

Thanks.

Will be confusing if AMD decide to call GCN 2 cards with HD 8970; HD 8950 etc...

Maybe they will call HD 8980; HD 8960...LOL

Posted

Well AMD already had their 8000 series, just with no HD addon.

I'm confused. They are preparing two separate series with the same names or this arctic leak suggest that the real models are coming very soon.

Posted

I doubt it means anything, do you really think AMD decided to leak info to a GPU cooler manufacturer?

I think it is just AC trying to stir up attention to their products.

Posted

Well, before GTX 650 Ti was launched, it was added by Arctic like 2 weeks earlier. Coincidence? :P